Collection Stash: A Collection Cataloging and Collectible Archiving Platform

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Collection Stash: Open Beta

Ah! That would explain it! :rotfl

Haha sweet.

I have not made public the amount of collectibles people have submitted yet because I didn't want to make a full competition out of it, however at some point I would like to do an achievement system where I will be using those stats.

I appreciate you getting these input, but unfortunately, you added many of the licenses as categories instead of licenses. :slap You must have been up late. :lol Do you need to know which ones or can you figure them out?

Alright, I added the licenses out there as well. I did not add all of the uncategorized ones but should be enough to get you started.

A few observations from this mornings' input...

When editing a contribution (before submitting), there is no way to change the category if you accidentally picked the wrong one.

Couple of "types" needed for Hot Toys... "Poseable Model Kit" and "Snap Kits".

Every drop-down list should have a "Other" item if nothing fits from the list.

A few observations from this mornings' input...

When editing a contribution (before submitting), there is no way to change the category if you accidentally picked the wrong one.

If you go back to the manufacturer detail page and then click on the underlined category back it will bring up the dialog box for you to change it.

Couple of "types" needed for Hot Toys... "Poseable Model Kit" and "Snap Kits".

Glad you brought this one up, I didn't put these out there as main level collectible types because I feel like those are very specific. I could do one of two things.

Create a new collectible type called: "Kit" or "Model" and then have a manufacturer specific naming of "Poseable Model Kit" and "Snap Kits".

Or I could keep it under Action Figure and then have a manufacturer specific naming of "Poseable Model Kit" and "Snap Kits".

I am trying to limit the main level collectible types to core ones. I do think "Model" would be a valid one to support though.

Every drop-down list should have a "Other" item if nothing fits from the list.

I agree and don't agree with this. I think eventually having this will be necessary and will be added but in the beginning I am trying to get as much information out there in the database so if it doesn't exist just let me know and I will add it.

If you go back to the manufacturer detail page and then click on the underlined category back it will bring up the dialog box for you to change it...

Ah, I went to the step after that and it wasn't changeable there... good to know.

Glad you brought this one up, I didn't put these out there as main level collectible types because I feel like those are very specific. I could do one of two things.

Create a new collectible type called: "Kit" or "Model" and then have a manufacturer specific naming of "Poseable Model Kit" and "Snap Kits".

Or I could keep it under Action Figure and then have a manufacturer specific naming of "Poseable Model Kit" and "Snap Kits".

I am trying to limit the main level collectible types to core ones. I do think "Model" would be a valid one to support though.

I understand your reasoning to limit but I think something is needed; there are a lot of Hot Toys figures that are actually "poseable model kits" because they didn't have the license for action figures, so they found a loophole, called them "poseable model kits" and made them to be "assembled". Also, models are very collectible so a "model" type (for real models) is surely needed as well, so whatever works the best.

I agree and don't agree with this. I think eventually having this will be necessary and will be added but in the beginning I am trying to get as much information out there in the database so if it doesn't exist just let me know and I will add it.

Gotcha.

Under the manufacturer's product code, you only allow alpha/numeric, but Hot Toys themselves use "/" for separation, e.g. Fire Fighters Lt. is part of their Military line and Custom Maker Choice sub-line, so the product code is M/CMC/060605, but we input as MCMC060605... any thoughts about maybe loosening this field?

Ah, I went to the step after that and it wasn't changeable there... good to know.

I understand your reasoning to limit but I think something is needed; there are a lot of Hot Toys figures that are actually "poseable model kits" because they didn't have the license for action figures, so they found a loophole, called them "poseable model kits" and made them to be "assembled". Also, models are very collectible so a "model" type (for real models) is surely needed as well, so whatever works the best.

Yea I think adding a "Model" is a good idea, keep you posted on this. We might have to move some of the other Hot Toys ones around then but that isn't a big deal.

Gotcha.

Under the manufacturer's product code, you only allow alpha/numeric, but Hot Toys themselves use "/" for separation, e.g. Fire Fighters Lt. is part of their Military line and Custom Maker Choice sub-line, so the product code is M/CMC/060605, but we input as MCMC060605... any thoughts about maybe loosening this field?

Yea that is no problem, I initially limited to the bare minimum and then figured we would expand as necessary. I will get that in the next release.

I was mistaken, I did try to edit the category on the Manufacturer's Detail page and it would not let me. Just tried again on one I was in the middle of inputting and there was no category to even click on when I went back to that page to edit... definitely something going on there.

Some more observations...

I've noticed that when adding some variants, people have used Sideshow's product code instead of Hot Toys code on some of the Hot Toys figures.

For the product URL... do we want to see the Sideshow page when there is one or would you prefer to see the manufacturer's own page? For example, Hot Toys has a page for most every one of their products, but most of the figures have been input with Sideshow's page.

I was mistaken, I did try to edit the category on the Manufacturer's Detail page and it would not let me. Just tried again on one I was in the middle of inputting and there was no category to even click on when I went back to that page to edit... definitely something going on there.

Hmmm, what browser are you using?

Also if you could post some screenshots that might help. I have not come across this issue as of yet. Although that doesn't mean there isn't a defect out there. :)

Some more observations...

I've noticed that when adding some variants, people have used Sideshow's product code instead of Hot Toys code on some of the Hot Toys figures.

For the product URL... do we want to see the Sideshow page when there is one or would you prefer to see the manufacturer's own page? For example, Hot Toys has a page for most every one of their products, but most of the figures have been input with Sideshow's page.

For the Product code, I have been trying to actively remove any SSC product code that is being used for HT products, I might have missed some. But if you see any, please feel free to update them, would definitely be a big help!

I prefer the manufacturers specific URL but I know in some cases that is not possible. I am not exposing the submitted URL for now and mainly using it just as a reference URL to validate the data. I am still unsure if I will ever expose the URL just because there are many unknowns with doing that.

Hmmm, what browser are you using?

Also if you could post some screenshots that might help. I have not come across this issue as of yet. Although that doesn't mean there isn't a defect out there. :)

Google Chrome 17.0.963.56 m

This...

edit.png

...Manufacturer, Collectible Type, Category, etc, are all non-clickable to edit.

I'm good at testing...

weird.png

For the Product code, I have been trying to actively remove any SSC product code that is being used for HT products, I might have missed some. But if you see any, please feel free to update them, would definitely be a big help!

I prefer the manufacturers specific URL but I know in some cases that is not possible. I am not exposing the submitted URL for now and mainly using it just as a reference URL to validate the data. I am still unsure if I will ever expose the URL just because there are many unknowns with doing that.

Perfect! There may be a couple or three items I submitted this morning with Sideshow URL's, but I switched to Hot Toys site URL's before I even asked, so I'll go back and fix those once they are approved.

Google Chrome 17.0.963.56 m

This...

edit.png

...Manufacturer, Collectible Type, Category, etc, are all non-clickable to edit.

I'm good at testing...

weird.png

Perfect! There may be a couple or three items I submitted this morning with Sideshow URL's, but I switched to Hot Toys site URL's before I even asked, so I'll go back and fix those once they are approved.

You are a good tester which is good what we need!

I think I see what you mean. Are you adding variants? There are certain fields I am locking down right now if it is a variant. I am doing this because I assume in most cases those will not change if they are a variant. If I should open some of them up let me know.

If you are not adding a variant and those are still uneditable then we might have a problem.

However, once you select manufacturer and collectible type, I do not allow those to be changed during the process. This is for future use because eventually we might have some collectible types that have different features or might not display all fields or have specialized fields. From the technical side it makes things a little easier and cleaner if you cannot change that mid-edit.

If NONE of those answer/fix the issue then we might have a session issue, if so can you describe any steps you are going through. Are you completely starting over or using the back button?

If I get everyone done that I want and tested the next release should be this weekend. Then I am going to do another massive round of approvals.

...Are you adding variants?...

However, once you select manufacturer and collectible type, I do not allow those to be changed during the process...

...Are you completely starting over or using the back button?

I think I was adding variants, but I'm pretty sure it happened on a new item as well.

Makes sense on the manufacturer and collectible type fields to be locked.

I've used the back button, clicked on the "step" link at the top of the page, and started over.

Another item or two... the UPC field is too small and is truncating the last digit off of UPC codes. I'm following the lead of most sites and software that use UPC codes and including all the digits including the the beginning and ending digits that are usually superscript above the main code on either end.

Accessory description field could be a little larger... trying to copy and paste descriptions straight from product pages usually truncates the description as the field isn't large enough. I know this is trying to keep database size down, but just a thought.

We need to standardize License names... that is, are we going to be strict and list the license as each movie or an overall license or both. Example, for POTC and Iron Man, each movie has its own license and figures have been made under each license. For Iron Man, some figures have been input under their proper movie license, some haven't; for POTC, everything has been input under just the Pirates license. If we want to input to the proper license (which I think makes the most sense), then we need each Pirates movie added as a separate license. I'll be on the lookout for other such occurrences as well.

The name field doesn't accept the apostrophe character which is part of many product names... changeable?

Last edited:

Some of the Iron man stuff that were put in as Marvel was because he hadn't added the Iron Man 1 & 2 licenses yet. He said he could always change that later when they were added and i'm sure it will be the same on some other things you come across. :)

Some of the Iron man stuff that were put in as Marvel was because he hadn't added the Iron Man 1 & 2 licenses yet. He said he could always change that later when they were added and i'm sure it will be the same on some other things you come across. :)

I thought that might be the case but just wanted to point it out just in case. Thanks.

Another issue this morning... I can't seem to add images from a URL, but if I save the image to my computer and add it from there it works just fine.

I think I was adding variants, but I'm pretty sure it happened on a new item as well.

Makes sense on the manufacturer and collectible type fields to be locked.

I've used the back button, clicked on the "step" link at the top of the page, and started over.

Another item or two... the UPC field is too small and is truncating the last digit off of UPC codes. I'm following the lead of most sites and software that use UPC codes and including all the digits including the the beginning and ending digits that are usually superscript above the main code on either end.

Accessory description field could be a little larger... trying to copy and paste descriptions straight from product pages usually truncates the description as the field isn't large enough. I know this is trying to keep database size down, but just a thought.

We need to standardize License names... that is, are we going to be strict and list the license as each movie or an overall license or both. Example, for POTC and Iron Man, each movie has its own license and figures have been made under each license. For Iron Man, some figures have been input under their proper movie license, some haven't; for POTC, everything has been input under just the Pirates license. If we want to input to the proper license (which I think makes the most sense), then we need each Pirates movie added as a separate license. I'll be on the lookout for other such occurrences as well.

The name field doesn't accept the apostrophe character which is part of many product names... changeable?

UPC I am using the standard 12 digit UPC length, at least according to wiki.

I am definitely open to increasing accessory description size.

As for the licenses yea I know :( I was struggling with this one in the beginning because I kept going back and forth. Either have the generic license like Star Wars or Rambo or POTC. I know some licenses it makes sense having the single license like Star Wars but for other franchises it might make sense to split them out because they are truly split out in real life.

I am open to suggestions on which licenses should be broken out completely.

I thought that might be the case but just wanted to point it out just in case. Thanks.

Another issue this morning... I can't seem to add images from a URL, but if I save the image to my computer and add it from there it works just fine.

You said you are using Chrome?

Anyone else having an issue upload photos from a URL using Chrome? I can check it out tonight.

Back