Collection Stash: A Collection Cataloging and Collectible Archiving Platform

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Collection Stash: Open Beta

We are at 50 members and almost 2000 approved collectibles!

Thanks everyone for your help and input so far!

Awesome news bro.

Has any additional thought been put into non-licensed replicas?

Awesome news bro.

Has any additional thought been put into non-licensed replicas?

Oh yea!

I have not actually programmed anything yet but I have been over the design a lot lately. Trying to figure out the best way to handle both original pieces like art work and custom pieces.

Ideally at the lowest level, everything is a collectible, whether it is a customer 1/6th figure or a original piece of artwork. The work comes in with how to manage that both technically and functionally and what will more the most sense to the user but what will also not box me in for future enhancements.

Right now, I am thinking if it is a custom piece or an original piece, you would go through the "Contribute" process but it might take you down a different path.

I think base line original and custom pieces will be auto-approved and only the creator for now can add them to their stash. With maybe some sort of verification process to be added later.

Ok cool.

I have a few pieces in the work that I could test it with.

Just let me know.

Ok cool.

I have a few pieces in the work that I could test it with.

Just let me know.

I think the most difficult pieces will be the customs that are bashes.

Do you take a base figure and then "override" parts with other parts?

Then how do I effectively handle custom parts added to both bashes and licenses products that are customized?

Then for the custom parts, should you be able to submit those so others can than use those pieces if a large run was done?

For the last one, if that is the route I go, then users should be able to submit parts to be added to the database.

For instance Dave (aka Skiman) could theoretically be his own manufacturer and could add the custom parts he has made and then others could use his parts to make bashes and figures.

Those are a few of the things I am thinking about now.

Any input would be awesome.

Next round of updates pushed out.

Includes:
- "Pieces" field. This field indicates the number of pieces that a collectible might have. (Key for LEGO!)
- New home page. The home page for logged in/logged out is different.
- The contribute variant select page now shows if the collectible is pending or approved.
- Added a new search filter, order. Contains ascending, descending, newest and oldest (default will always be ascending).
- Search results show how many people own that collectible now. I am not retro fitting this number so as people add or remove them from their stash the number will be updated so it might not be 100% accurate in the beginning.
- minor performance enhancements.

Stay tuned for more updates in the next week or so!

Hey Tyler,

I just noticed the "Are you Squirreling" tag line at the top of the page...AWESOME!!!!!:hi5::hi5::hi5:

The wife says she is very flattered..:1-1:

Thanks mate.:wave

Hey Tyler,

I just noticed the "Are you Squirreling" tag line at the top of the page...AWESOME!!!!!:hi5::hi5::hi5:

The wife says she is very flattered..:1-1:

Thanks mate.:wave

Thanks and tell your wife thank you as well! I appreciate the suggestions and feedback.

I'm loving the new design on the home page, Tyler! :rock

The Recently added Collectibles page is KILLER! :rock :rock :rock

The Are You Squirreling catchphrase is GREAT!

Thanks Mark!

Something Sexy,

Here is the info I got for Megahouse. I am going to keep the categories just to collectibles since they also have toys and trading cards and it just seemed like too much. I am pretty much just gonna add my one piece collectibles under the Megahouse brand which are under the Excellent Model category.

High Quality Figures:

Excellent Model
Excellent Model Core
G.E.M. Series
Brilliant Stage
Game Characters Collection DX
High Priestess
Desktop Real Mccoy

Collection Figures

One Piece Log Box
Cosmo Fleet Collection
Cosmo Fleet Collection-EX
Yurakore Series
Game Characters Collection Mini
Mascot Relief Magnet
Mascot Relief Magnet S
Dragonball Capsule
Cutie Figure Mascot
Torico
Relief Marker
Game Characters Collection
Chess Piece Collection R

Action Figures

Variable Action
Deformover
Defaulride
Action Works

Girls Hobby

Character Fortune Series
Character Fortune Plus Series
Character Fortune Cook Series
Puchi Chara Land
Gemini

The above are the many categories they list their stuff in. I can't get all the series names but here are some of the main ones:

One Piece
Bleach
Heartcatch Puri Cure
RAHDXG.A.NEO
Mayoi Neco Overrun
Macross Frontier

I guess we can add more names as they become known.

Something Sexy,

Here is the info I got for Megahouse. I am going to keep the categories just to collectibles since they also have toys and trading cards and it just seemed like too much. I am pretty much just gonna add my one piece collectibles under the Megahouse brand which are under the Excellent Model category.

High Quality Figures:

Excellent Model
Excellent Model Core
G.E.M. Series
Brilliant Stage
Game Characters Collection DX
High Priestess
Desktop Real Mccoy

Collection Figures

One Piece Log Box
Cosmo Fleet Collection
Cosmo Fleet Collection-EX
Yurakore Series
Game Characters Collection Mini
Mascot Relief Magnet
Mascot Relief Magnet S
Dragonball Capsule
Cutie Figure Mascot
Torico
Relief Marker
Game Characters Collection
Chess Piece Collection R

Action Figures

Variable Action
Deformover
Defaulride
Action Works

Girls Hobby

Character Fortune Series
Character Fortune Plus Series
Character Fortune Cook Series
Puchi Chara Land
Gemini

The above are the many categories they list their stuff in. I can't get all the series names but here are some of the main ones:

One Piece
Bleach
Heartcatch Puri Cure
RAHDXG.A.NEO
Mayoi Neco Overrun
Macross Frontier

I guess we can add more names as they become known.

:rock :rock :rock

Thanks for getting all of that. That will make it much easier to add!

Action figures and statues?

Ok, I haven't been the best beta tester I could be, so I might have missed it in the 240+ pages, but how do you contribute a collectible if the line or series or other information isn't already in the dropdown lists?

Ok, I haven't been the best beta tester I could be, so I might have missed it in the 240+ pages, but how do you contribute a collectible if the line or series or other information isn't already in the dropdown lists?

It is all good. If some of the core data is missing just let me know and I will get it added. I have not opened up yet the ability for users to submit manufacturer specific data.

Back