Collectible Star Wars Costumes Coming

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Imperial officer one is tempting, but I wouldn't want anyone to think I'm dressed as a Nazi. I hope they make a Ben Kenobi one some day...

anybody think Sideshow will carry these? really want an Obi Wan and Anakin

They ought to be, their Production Blog last year was one of the early mentions of this line. Though something could have changed over the course of a year, it sounded like Sideshow would be distributing these.

Ok not to be a smartass but can I ask what you are going to do with it? I mean wear it, put it on a mannequin, etc.

Well, I didn't add words because I was posting in response to a post above mine about lightsabers, but I had meant the ROTJ Luke lightsaber hilt.

The ROTS Obi-Wan costume is tempting, but I didn't realize the boots weren't included, although it makes sense, but that takes the price up to $1400, already have the saber at least. Right now I can't and won't be swinging that, Vader 1:1 bust is the only $1000+ item for me right now, but if something changes and these are still around it'd be tempting. I really like the character of Obi-Wan and the ROTS costume. I'd get a manequin for it and display it in my collection and wear it for Halloween or conventions too. I think it'd look cool to have it on display and have a hand holding the Force FX saber.

I really wish someone would make costumes somewhere between the super cheesy Halloween stuff that only costs $50 and these so you could have something that looks pretty legit but isn't so legit it breaks the bank either.

They ought to be, their Production Blog last year was one of the early mentions of this line. Though something could have changed over the course of a year, it sounded like Sideshow would be distributing these.

Well, I didn't add words because I was posting in response to a post above mine about lightsabers, but I had meant the ROTJ Luke lightsaber hilt.

The ROTS Obi-Wan costume is tempting, but I didn't realize the boots weren't included, although it makes sense, but that takes the price up to $1400, already have the saber at least. Right now I can't and won't be swinging that, Vader 1:1 bust is the only $1000+ item for me right now, but if something changes and these are still around it'd be tempting. I really like the character of Obi-Wan and the ROTS costume. I'd get a manequin for it and display it in my collection and wear it for Halloween or conventions too. I think it'd look cool to have it on display and have a hand holding the Force FX saber.

I really wish someone would make costumes somewhere between the super cheesy Halloween stuff that only costs $50 and these so you could have something that looks pretty legit but isn't so legit it breaks the bank either.

yeah i do remeber the producation blog last year but SS hasnt updated that they would, hopefully they do so it would be easier to get with the flex pay option that they have

Well this seems like fairly recent news, I had no idea they'd be up for order anytime soon, seemed like it was still in development, but SSC may not have rights anymore, but I'd imagine if they announced it, there was some sort of contract worked out and can't imagine what would nulify the deal.

While those costoms look pretty good, the total cost in too big. There are many resources anyone can build their own costume with some work. Also, the 501st has so many wonderful members who are usually willing to give advice or even offer some low cost help. I agree that there is some fan stuff out there that is quite hideous but there is also allot of great work from really talented fans.

I think there is a seller on Ebay named CostumeBase or something, they seem to make decent Star Wars costumes(atleast from the pics) at affordable prices..non-licenced though.

They better watch out too, now that an official licensee is making costumes, LFL's lawyers will probably be cracking down on those custom guys more.

While those costoms look pretty good, the total cost in too big. There are many resources anyone can build their own costume with some work. Also, the 501st has so many wonderful members who are usually willing to give advice or even offer some low cost help. I agree that there is some fan stuff out there that is quite hideous but there is also allot of great work from really talented fans.

Custom costumes can be quite expensive too - all depends on how accurate
you want to be.

Even little side lines such as imperial ranking pins should be pretty cool.

I'm interested in the lightsaber replicas because originally this is where the Master Replicas' CE line was heading for to compliment this line that never took off. Looking at the Luke Skywalker, its not promising. It looks like a stunt hybrid

Original Stunt:
skyken2.jpg

Museum Replicas version:
9842.jpg

The Emitter is wrong its the hero design, not to mention at least from this view the neck is wrong as its not completely copper colored, The cone and nail are from the v2 while the plummel looks more like the FX or Remote Control version than any of the actual looks.

The Obi and Anakins look pretty good though.

I have no real need for costumings but this line was supposed to include armor versions at least in the original pitch so I'll be watching for how much they charge for a Boba Fett piece.

I'm interested in the lightsaber replicas because originally this is where the Master Replicas' CE line was heading for to compliment this line that never took off. Looking at the Luke Skywalker, its not promising. It looks like a stunt hybrid

Original Stunt:
skyken2.jpg

Museum Replicas version:
9842.jpg

The Emitter is wrong its the hero design, not to mention at least from this view the neck is wrong as its not completely copper colored, The cone and nail are from the v2 while the plummel looks more like the FX or Remote Control version than any of the actual looks.

The Obi and Anakins look pretty good though.

I have no real need for costumings but this line was supposed to include armor versions at least in the original pitch so I'll be watching for how much they charge for a Boba Fett piece.

My Stormpath stunt :cool:

spstunt4.jpg

Custom costumes can be quite expensive too - all depends on how accurate
you want to be.

tell me about it....I just started started work on a Jango suit and with just the helmet & jetpack alone, I'm almost at the $1k mark:monkey2 But I don't want anything less than the best since this'll be my first and only suit:D

Although had this Jedi Luke come out before Halloween, I would've probably gotten it too

IIRC on their site it said the sabers are resin and vacuum metallized. at that price, I'd expect all metal construction.

I think he's talking about these new costume 'stunt' sabers being made of resin.

I know exactly what he's talking about, and I'm saying that real metal is part of what made the MR's cost so much more in comparison to these costume sabers and that you're not going to get that at $150, resin with vac sealed metal is what you'll get for $150.

I know exactly what he's talking about, and I'm saying that real metal is part of what made the MR's cost so much more in comparison to these costume sabers and that you're not going to get that at $150, resin with vac sealed metal is what you'll get for $150.

Why even bring in the actual 1:1 LEs into the discussion? What was the reason?

He said that for the 'price' ie. $150, he doesnt think resin is worth it and it should be all metal.

And making something all aluminum is completely possible at $150. it's done all the time on a much smaller scale (in terms of quantity produced) with custom sabers. That is not the reason why they cost $400 from MR.

Why even bring in the actual 1:1 LEs into the discussion? What was the reason?

He said that for the 'price' ie. $150, he doesnt think resin is worth it and it should be all metal.

I brought it in to say I don't think you could ever get real metal for $150, that it's what you got for $400 from MR but $150 is only going to get you what these guys are delivering with these costumes.

Back