Collectible Star Wars Costumes Coming

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I just heard the entire Legion of the 501st groan collectively. :lol

Depends on the quality of the costumes. If they meet the criteria of joining, there will be no problems. If not, there may be some issues.

That said, the 501'st is taking a 'wait and see' approach.

I'd love a well manufactured and somewhat affordable Boba Fett costume, ROTJ version preferred. Other than that I'd by Vader too! Though at 6" I'm not tall enough to accomodate the Vader suit, but I'd sure as hell get a manequin or something for it!!!

I'd love a well manufactured and somewhat affordable Boba Fett costume, ROTJ version preferred. Other than that I'd by Vader too! Though at 6" I'm not tall enough to accomodate the Vader suit, but I'd sure as hell get a manequin or something for it!!!

If you do decide to get a Vader suit to wear, just please please please don't use platform boots! Use 2" lifts INSIDE the boots. :)

How do those work? Do the boots look extra big? I've always wanted to 'play' vader - but im only 5'9" :monkey1

at 5'9", you can add 2" lifts inside the boots, combined with the natural heel of the boot would give you an extra 3" of height. With the helmet adding another 2" or so, you'd be roughly 6'2" tall.

The issue you'd have is that the armor would all be FAR too big for you. If you can find some slightly older sets, scaled to your height, you'd look good. You would just have to find pieces that didn't look over sized.

Most Vader parts are scaled to fit a person who is naturally about 6'0". This is hard if you are much taller or shorter. I'm 6'6" in bare feet. Perfect for Vader, but finding the accurately sized pieces was HARD, and VERY VERY expensive.

However, Being Vader is Worth it. Mind you, at 5'9", I suggest being a Stormtrooper. I'd love to be one, but I'm WAY too big for it.

I would love a Royal Guard outfit!

I can see it now... sitting there watching TV in my Boba Fett armor! :lol :rolleyes:

I would love a Royal Guard outfit!

Oooh, Royal Guard!
1. Easy to put on/take off- check
2. Striking to see. check
3. Comfy to wear (mostly) -check
4. Can go to the bathroom if you need to. check

I think we have a winner. I'm 6' 4", but can't really afford this kind of stuff, as much as I would love a Vader set. I'd make a good ROTS Vader.

I'll be keeping an eye on costumes for:

Obi-Wan Kenobi (Any film, but preferably ROTS or OT)
Emperor Palpatine (ROTJ)
Anakin Skywalker (ROTS)
Darth Vader (ROTJ)
Darth Maul (TPM)

Those are about it, it'd be great to have the ROTS Obi-Wan costume to go with my MR 1:1 saber and FX saber.

:eek this is amazing. I Sooooooo want a set of Boba fett armor from ROTJ. I bet his backpack alone will ocst something like $700-800, however...

Oooh, Royal Guard!
1. Easy to put on/take off- check
2. Striking to see. check
3. Comfy to wear (mostly) -check
4. Can go to the bathroom if you need to. check

I think we have a winner. I'm 6' 4", but can't really afford this kind of stuff, as much as I would love a Vader set. I'd make a good ROTS Vader.

Royal Guard: Can't Breathe. check. :)

There is no where in that helmet to place fans for air circulation. While people do like the outfit, apparently its tough to wear.

:eek this is amazing. I Sooooooo want a set of Boba fett armor from ROTJ. I bet his backpack alone will ocst something like $700-800, however...

Visit: https://www.thedentedhelmet.com/

The best resource for Fett costuming.

Boba/Jango Fett, however can be one of the very few cosktumes that can match Darth Vader for Price. A good, accurate set can easily set you back a few grand. But you can do it a piece at a time, and if you can sew, you can make some of the fabric pieces yourself.

thanks for the site. I bookmarked it, and buying one piece by piece definately sounds like the way to go. If i save up long enough i might just have enough to buy a set of shin tools.

thanks for the site. I bookmarked it, and buying one piece by piece definately sounds like the way to go. If i save up long enough i might just have enough to buy a set of shin tools.

'Once you start down the costuming path, forever will it dominate your destiny'

That reminds me.. I still need new shins, and gloves for my Vader Costume..

my wishlist is set already:)

Jango Fett full armor
Anakin full costume
obi wan full costume.

i wonder how will they make the jetpacks. the shipping price for those would be ridicilous.

These are really cool, but if I'd ever get any I'd be interested in armored only. Otherwise I wouldn't like to have a mannequin with a weird head dressed up as Obi or other SW character

at 5'9", you can add 2" lifts inside the boots, combined with the natural heel of the boot would give you an extra 3" of height. With the helmet adding another 2" or so, you'd be roughly 6'2" tall.

The issue you'd have is that the armor would all be FAR too big for you. If you can find some slightly older sets, scaled to your height, you'd look good. You would just have to find pieces that didn't look over sized.

Most Vader parts are scaled to fit a person who is naturally about 6'0". This is hard if you are much taller or shorter. I'm 6'6" in bare feet. Perfect for Vader, but finding the accurately sized pieces was HARD, and VERY VERY expensive.

However, Being Vader is Worth it. Mind you, at 5'9", I suggest being a Stormtrooper. I'd love to be one, but I'm WAY too big for it.

So how tall are you in the Vader costume? Got any pics that you could share?

Back