Collectible Star Wars Costumes Coming

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Like I said in my previous post, I really do not think that all metal (aluminum) construction is the reason why MR sabers cost $400. aluminum is cheap, and producing these things is a matter of punching in numbers into a computer which will tell the machinery exactly what to do.

Imo the price of MR comes in the total package and presentation. with the acrylic and mirrored display case/stand, the metal plaque and the packaging.

My luke stunt saber above is all aluminum, and only 20 were produced. each sold for $150 or less. MR makes thousands of sabers, and still charge $400.

Maybe your customs only cost $150, but in the licensed makers world, it seems like if you want real metal, you're going to get charged $300-$400 (I don't see MR's display worth more than $100 add on to the sabers themselves), and for $150 you're going to get basic materials. Right or wrong for what the materials cost, it's what they want to charage.

Right or wrong for what the materials cost, it's what they want to charage.

I can understand the higher price in some of the MR sabers (mostly the Elite Editions), but for the most part it is what they can "get away" with charging after licensing costs, etc; machine tooled props aren't that difficult to make - research however is another story.

Maybe your customs only cost $150, but in the licensed makers world, it seems like if you want real metal, you're going to get charged $300-$400 (I don't see MR's display worth more than $100 add on to the sabers themselves), and for $150 you're going to get basic materials. Right or wrong for what the materials cost, it's what they want to charage.

Right, you will get charged $400 give or take. but that is different than something actually being "worth" $400, which is what you implied a full metal prop replica should cost.

Basic materials? we're talking about freakin aluminum here....what else!? :lol

And yes, this argument has been beaten to a pulp....the fact that smaller runs typically cost more for both the manufacturing company and consumer. So my comparison to a custom run of only 20 pieces being sold at $150 which is still giving the seller PROFIT, shows you how much an all metal prop replica really costs in the scheme of things.

I agree with the previous person who said that $150 for a resin saber is a rip off. Obviously you dont. :dunno

The irony of this all is that regardless of how i feel that MR charges more than what their product is worth, I own all of the MR 1:1 LEs and most of the SEs..

Back