Cobra Kai

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First two episodes were great. Really really great.
I loved the shift on dynamics, making the bad guy kinda good and the good guy kinda bad.
That was pretty cool. They did a great job at giving more depth to these characters.

First two episodes were great. Really really great.
I loved the shift on dynamics, making the bad guy kinda good and the good guy kinda bad.
That was pretty cool. They did a great job at giving more depth to these characters.

Yep watched the first 2 episodes after I watched the first movie which to me still holds up well and still love it. Really great they are giving Johnny the highlight i'm fascinated by how he went from being popular and top dog to a nobody. That event of the tournament really messed up his life. Daniel being on top makes a very interesting dynamic and as you stated switching bad to good and good to sort of bad. So far really loving it. I'll give more thoughts on the show once I watch all episodes.

Damn. I wish it was netflix

As did I but did the free trial. I binged it all day guys and holy **** you need to see it if you are a Karate Kid fan. Overall it's one of my favorite show as of recent with Ash Vs. Evil Dead being there too but now that it's cancelled I'm looking forward to more of this show I am so happy. Very well done bravo.

I really liked it. Never a big fan of the first movie, not sure I even saw all the sequels but I at least caught some of it when they were on tv. Stumbled onto this by accident being home from work sick.

But this was good, all actors play it like a drama but really it is comedy. Johnny is a jerk most of the time but is the hero and Daniel is a nice guy but manages to somehow be the baddie. This show ows everything to the How I met your mother Bromitzva episode and that youtube video about how Daniel was really the bad guy of The Karate Kid, I can't remember which came first.

It spoofs the movie perfectly but respectfully and even manages to do the drama well, even though it does not take itself too seriously and I even LOL’ed a couple of times.

The ending made me want to see more as well.

Watched the first two so far, and I'm hooked! Its really difficult to not root for Johnny. Daniel does seem like a d**k. Love all the 80's references too. Solid and really enjoyable. YouTube Red has reeled me in...

Definitely a great show, especially if you're a fan of the original movies. I watched the first two episodes yesterday and was so hooked, I ended signing up for the free trial and binging last night until episode 8. Can't wait to finish it tonight and I hope there's more seasons.

It sounds like this turned out great, I'm more intrigued to see it! but I hate having to subscribe to another god damned online pay channel. I already have full Cable, Netflix, and Prime.

Loved the first Karate Kid (especially since the miniature golf park was filmed at an amusement park in my hometown that I went to many times as a kid) and it's sequel Part 2, really didn't care for the third movie and it's ridiculous over the top villain.

Last edited:
Terry Silver. It's so weird, I loved that guy. I thought he was really well played.

I'm delighted to read the great reactions Cobra Kai is getting, sounds like it will live up to the trailers. It's nice when these comebacks are actually worthwhile.

Did this guy just go full Anakin turn at the end?

yump.gif

Last edited:
the entire series is showing up in other streaming sites... keep a look out, Im gonna check it out

Wow, this series was amazing and so much better than expected. They nailed it. Great cast, music, and plenty of original references. Loved every minute of it.

Must see for Karate Kids fans. Best thing I’ve seen in years.

Watched the first two free episodes and loved every minute of it. Even had some laugh out loud chuckles with my earphones while the mrs had something going on HGTV.. Gotta decide how to watch the rest. Even with a 30 day trial I know how what will happen. Get charged membership unless you cancel it etc..

Anyway, my only minor issue with the whole concept of it, is the idea that losing the tournament and the breakdown of the Cobra Kai would somehow practically ruin Johnny's life. He was an 'ex-denerate' senior, the popular kid. I would have thought after the carpark incident in KK2, Johnny and Bobby would have been the better for it. Tommy would have just gone along with whatever Johnny did. Dutch probably would have been kicked out of the group, and continued to be the nasty, broody ******* that he was, and Jimmy probably would have done a Tommy and followed Johnny no matter what..

Other than that plot point, enjoyed what I did watch.. a lot..

It’s no different than someone like an Al Bundy. His highest point in life was also his Senior year at Polk High and look where he ended up. He’s actually not that different from Johnny, and he won his biggest moment:lol

Just got done watching all 10 episodes of Cobra Kai.... I have to give it a 9/10..... excellent series...

The funny thing is I went in thinking it was going to be some cheesy series but it turned out to be really good.... great writing and acting... The ending was a great setup for a season 2 so I hope they get the renewal from youtube red...

Watched the first two free episodes and loved every minute of it. Even had some laugh out loud chuckles with my earphones while the mrs had something going on HGTV.. Gotta decide how to watch the rest. Even with a 30 day trial I know how what will happen. Get charged membership unless you cancel it etc..

Anyway, my only minor issue with the whole concept of it, is the idea that losing the tournament and the breakdown of the Cobra Kai would somehow practically ruin Johnny's life. He was an 'ex-denerate' senior, the popular kid. I would have thought after the carpark incident in KK2, Johnny and Bobby would have been the better for it. Tommy would have just gone along with whatever Johnny did. Dutch probably would have been kicked out of the group, and continued to be the nasty, broody ******* that he was, and Jimmy probably would have done a Tommy and followed Johnny no matter what..

Other than that plot point, enjoyed what I did watch.. a lot..

It would seem there was more to it than just that, lost pride at losing both the tournament and the girl was just the beginning. His mother remarries and he doesn't get on with his step dad, a relationship that continues to be sour long after Johnny's mother dies. Johnny himself has a strained relationship with his own son that continues to echo his own relationship with his stepfather, add to that his life just seemed to go from bad to worse as he struggles with his demons.

Just got done watching all 10 episodes of Cobra Kai.... I have to give it a 9/10..... excellent series...

The funny thing is I went in thinking it was going to be some cheesy series but it turned out to be really good.... great writing and acting... The ending was a great setup for a season 2 so I hope they get the renewal from youtube red...

I've only seen the first two but you nailed it for what I've seen so far, there was a freshness about it.

Terry Silver. It's so weird, I loved that guy. I thought he was really well played.

I'm delighted to read the great reactions Cobra Kai is getting, sounds like it will live up to the trailers. It's nice when these comebacks are actually worthwhile.

I didn't hate Terry Silver when I first saw Part 3 but I knew there was something a bit off about that movie. Saw it again a few years ago and Terry Silver was just too ridiculous, I swear he was mustache twirling at one point! :lol
Also, that movie was very frustrating to watch, nothing but bad things happening to Miyagi, Larusso, and that girl from the pottery shop as well as Larusso's terrible judgement and anger. It didn't seem like the heroes of the series ever got a break of good luck.
I do like the idea of the very wealthy and powerful Terry Silver getting revenge for his friend Kreese, it's a great idea for a sequel, but the actor went too over the top.

I didn't hate Terry Silver when I first saw Part 3 but I knew there was something a bit off about that movie. Saw it again a few years ago and Terry Silver was just too ridiculous, I swear he was mustache twirling at one point! :lol
Also, that movie was very frustrating to watch, nothing but bad things happening to Miyagi, Larusso, and that girl from the pottery shop as well as Larusso's terrible judgement and anger. It didn't seem like the heroes of the series ever got a break of good luck.
I do like the idea of the very wealthy and powerful Terry Silver getting revenge for his friend Kreese, it's a great idea for a sequel, but the actor went too over the top.

I've posted a bit over the years my thoughts on KK3. It's just a really annoying movie, whereas I rewatch the original KK a lot and through all Daniel's faults in the original you still sympathise and root for him. You always expect from the start he'll be the underdog against Barnes (a much superior tournament fighter than Johnny), afterall he's only been learning karate a year, and Miyagi always leaned towards the defensive and oriental spirtualness. But they just weakened him way too much in Part 3. Mentally most of all... And you've pretty much hit it. All Terry Silver needed was a giggling dog, a bi-plane, and the song 'stop the pigeon' playing, and he was set..

Back