Cobra Kai

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Funny that in real life the actor is younger than Ralph Macchio.... :lol

Wikipedia seems to list him as being born in either 1960 or 1962. So if the latter then yes he was younger...weird! He was supposed to be a peer of Kreese. I think he played that role really well. Devious bastard.

Karate Kid III had easily the best Mr Miyagi fight scene of all of them. He takes out all 3 of the main bad guys with ease and pretty minimal violence.

3 movies (well 4 really) and Miyagi only ever had one offensive shot hit him.. Cheap little love tap from behind with a spear by Chozen. Dude is like Steven Seagal.. :lecture

Wikipedia seems to list him as being born in either 1960 or 1962. So if the latter then yes he was younger...weird! He was supposed to be a peer of Kreese. I think he played that role really well. Devious bastard.

Karate Kid III had easily the best Mr Miyagi fight scene of all of them. He takes out all 3 of the main bad guys with ease and pretty minimal violence.

It's the only part of KKIII I find that watchable, yet I still watch KK1 once every few months.

Daniel was never supposed to be the most likeable guy in the world, otherwise the Kai wouldn't have found traits to pick up on and bully, but you at least sympathised for the guy. Fish out of water, sticks up for the girl and runs afowl of the bit of a jerk, but popular rich good looking jock ex-boyfriend. Johnny himself wasn't even that bad a guy. Bobby was kind of the saint on one shoulder, and Dutch the devil on the other. Take Dutch out of it and the initial confrontation at the beach may not have even happened. Tommy was just a wannabe, comic relief try-hard, and Jimmy, what was Jimmy? Apparently you need 5 in a gang to make it a gang.

Anyway.. KKIII. How they could take an already annoying Daniel, who should have grown and matured by the end of the visit to Okinawa, and make him even more whiny and annoying. Bad, bad writing... Not helped by Ralph being way to old and out of shape to play the part by that stage.

It's the only part of KKIII I find that watchable, yet I still watch KK1 once every few months.

Daniel was never supposed to be the most likeable guy in the world, otherwise the Kai wouldn't have found traits to pick up on and bully, but you at least sympathised for the guy. Fish out of water, sticks up for the girl and runs afowl of the bit of a jerk, but popular rich good looking jock ex-boyfriend. Johnny himself wasn't even that bad a guy. Bobby was kind of the saint on one shoulder, and Dutch the devil on the other. Take Dutch out of it and the initial confrontation at the beach may not have even happened. Tommy was just a wannabe, comic relief try-hard, and Jimmy, what was Jimmy? Apparently you need 5 in a gang to make it a gang.

Anyway.. KKIII. How they could take an already annoying Daniel, who should have grown and matured by the end of the visit to Okinawa, and make him even more whiny and annoying. Bad, bad writing... Not helped by Ralph being way to old and out of shape to play the part by that stage.

Not sure I agree. II takes place very soon after I and III takes place right after II. It's not a long timespan for Daniel to mature. And all that stuff going on made for some good drama between him and Miyagi. I can't even say I noticed Macchio looking older or out of shape.

II is actually the weakest IMO, some of it was pretty cheesy I thought.

Last edited:
Thing I hated about the sequels to Karate Kid is that he never actually learned anything. He got the crap kicked out of him throughout the movies and in the end always managed to win through some kind of gimmick. K1 it was more understandable because he had a limited time to train.

I have a feeling Kreese will definitley be making a cameo. He does a lot of appearances and works with schools about bullying. Seems like a pretty nice guy in real life.

Kobra Kai (Karate Kid sequel show)

I want to watch the series but do you have to be subscribed and pay a fee for YouTube Red correct? If that's the case then i'll be bummed out. I love the Karate Kid films well the first 2. 3 and 4 blow.

Back