Clothes for Merry and Pippin

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like using the Sam & Frodo clothes will work just fine. Still wondering if the re-dyed cloaks will work.

It should work for the Sam--->Pippin cloak... The Frodo --->Merry is the one that will be challenging. Getting green to an even pearl grey will be a task. Thats going to be my weekend project. :D

he he

Honestly, Pippin coat doesn't worry me much at all. At the very worst I'll have to use a bit of bleach before I apply the Teal dye... We'll see. I am the group dyeing guinea pig after all. :lol

Pippin's coat looks much closer to a minty green rather than any blue. Turquoise works. And the pants a drab olivey greenish brown.

PipFull1173_CatNM.jpg

Now the real questions is whether I just want dye the jacket outright or lighten it a bit?

I think it'll be best to try and remove the color from an item before dyeing like you did with the vest, even if going darker, to get a purer color rather than it mixed. Starting with a blank canvas. But, of course, it's up to you. I suppose there are risks either way.

What pic is that from? Is it some fan made one? The colors look completely different, esp the fringe, from every other reference photo of the costume I've seen.

It is fan made I believe but its based on the actual stitch pattern used on the prop. The colors are accurate as well.

Doesn't look accurate to me at all. :confused: Here's a pic of the screen used one.

PipScarf1174_CatNM.jpg

Back