Clothes for Merry and Pippin

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For the most part. But I bought an extra Frodo jacket that I can alter to become Pippins jacket.

I'm interested to see how dying the jacket, vest and cloak works out, darkening the pants should be no prob, but I have my doubts that it will turn out looking accurate.

Using Frodo and Sam's shirts should be fine and a pair of pants for Merry, but Pippin wears corduroy pants, so I'm trying to source some small gauge light weight fabric that might work.

Printing the Pippin design onto Frodo's shirt might not work, however. My first thought is to use an ink jet printer to print the design, but aligning an already assembled shirt that small properly doesn't seem likely. :confused: May have to be disassembled or made from scratch even to get the design printed on correctly.

I've talked to someone with a programmable embroidery machine about stitching a design for Merry's vest. I'm not sure if that will replicate the quilted vest adequately, but will be better than a 1 dimensional printed on design. I wonder how SS would've done it - maybe like the design on the GTW PF vest?

I actually had to get on the waitlist for the regular because I'd already bought my 2 of the exclusive.

I'm sending Sam and Frodo to the sculptors so they can match the body proportions, etc.

I actually had to get on the waitlist for the regular because I'd already bought my 2 of the exclusive.

I'm sending Sam and Frodo to the sculptors so they can match the body proportions, etc.

Awesome! I was wondering if they had the heads to match the size.

It'd be great if they could somehow incorporate the machined out neck/jaw ball joint. I was thinking about sculpting over the Frodo face at one point just to retain the ball joint in the casts rather than having to machine it out after the fact.

All this talk of the hobbits selling out pushed me to order another Frodo, and I just got my other Sam yesterday (now I have three of each if you count the body-only ones I bought from Toy Anxiety). I got Frodo from Dark Shadow, who actually had him on clearance for $40. (I got the last one.) So I'm officially ready for Merry and Pippin now. :chew

Mine Sam and Frodo shipped today. I can't wait to do a quick mock up of the clothing combinations.

Sam is still there, and when I get off from work I'll have to order me one. I can't do it at work because I'm blocked from ordering things. :(

I am thinking I will do a minor change to the green frodo cloak. It seems the strap on it, unlike frodo's, has two connecting points at the neck, rather than the one button strap. A detail I hadn't noticed.

Back on the topic of clothing, do you think it will be easier to modify the existing hobbit clothing, or simply have them custom fabricated? please note,I said easier, not cheaper.

Back