Clothes for Merry and Pippin

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On another note my mother-in-law altered the Frodo jacket to be a Merry jacket and I gotta tell you, it looks great. I can't wait to get to the office tomorrow and take some pics for y'all.

I'll also take pics of the dyed yellow vest. :D

Ok the dyeing is finished. It made me a little bit nervous because the "Golden Yellow" was actually very "Orange" in appearance. I stirred it in the simmering dye for about 5 minutes and took it out. It looks like the color may have improved it. Things are always darker when wet so its hard to say. But it is now in the dryer and I will let you all know how it turns out.

Pics tomorrow.

Looking again at the chart you posted and comparing that to ref of Merry, I think the Golden Yellow will work perfect... it's the same dye I used for my Goldfinger's vest, so I know that color well. Should be fine, Pix.

Here is the finished vest with the newly altered jacket. She still needs to put the buttons back on though but other than that I think its perfect.

IMGP2310.JPG

Here is the finished vest with the newly altered jacket. She still needs to put the buttons back on though but other than that I think its perfect.

IMGP2310.JPG

The vest is def more vibrant, but perhaps a wee bit too much so. Looks awesome, though.

Thanks again for spearheading the dye job. I can't wait to see how the coat comes out. Is that next on the list?

Coat will be dyed tonight.

(remember the vest is a slightly darker hue than what you see in the pics)

Back