Action Figure LIMTOYS: 005 Ishmail and Ahab Double Phantom Figure Set 1/6 Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, the Venom from 004/005 is better than 003 because:
- better body (articulation, more bulky)
- leather gloves are made from plastic not fabric and they look cool
- better game accuracy (pouches)
- vetering effect is really cool
- pistol is in black not in grey as before

and for BB, the body in 001/002 was really skinny, this one is more bulky as I mentioned before (especially the legs)

And yes, those bases are great! I can't wait for Quiet and Ocelot with the same bases. I will put one next to the other. I hope someone will sell loose parts, I want to get one more base for Aehab and this new green pouches to replace the black ones in old set.

The missing items were under the figures. When I first opened the box I checked all accessories but I didn't take out the figures ��

And for the second time, putting the scarf was a horror.

did they add the thigh enhancement part on the new body or totally new legs? don't think they will come up with a totally new body since they used the generic body (with modded arms).

anyway to improve the old black pouches so they look more solid? looks pathetic compared to the green ones like he kept marshmallows in the pouches.

Yes, the Venom from 004/005 is better than 003 because:
- better body (articulation, more bulky)
- leather gloves are made from plastic not fabric and they look cool
- better game accuracy (pouches)
- vetering effect is really cool
- pistol is in black not in grey as before

and for BB, the body in 001/002 was really skinny, this one is more bulky as I mentioned before (especially the legs)

And yes, those bases are great! I can't wait for Quiet and Ocelot with the same bases. I will put one next to the other. I hope someone will sell loose parts, I want to get one more base for Aehab and this new green pouches to replace the black ones in old set.

The missing items were under the figures. When I first opened the box I checked all accessories but I didn't take out the figures ��

And for the second time, putting the scarf was a horror.

That list sounds great to me! I hope they use the new bulky body for their RDR Arthur Morgan then, as far as the bases go I really hope Limtoys puts them in future releases as well, I really like the design and helps the brand stand out, at least it ain't just another regular black stand.
Hahah, I'm glad you found them in the end anyway. Why was the scarf a nightmare to put on?

That list sounds great to me! I hope they use the new bulky body for their RDR Arthur Morgan then, as far as the bases go I really hope Limtoys puts them in future releases as well, I really like the design and helps the brand stand out, at least it ain't just another regular black stand.
Hahah, I'm glad you found them in the end anyway. Why was the scarf a nightmare to put on?

It's really hard to put the scarf to look like the one from the game or in the promo pics. I think it's too big (at least for me ;p). I would like to see some tutorial from LIMTOYS. But hopefully the water came with help (when the material is wet it's so much easier to make the shape we want) without water it is stiff.

Got my set today (finally!) and I'm with Kaldas that I wish there was some sort of instruction on how to accurately wrap the scarf. There's a few bits that instructions would have been nice.

In addition to the scarf, the buttpack was surprisingly difficult to attach. Going with the realistic Alice clips is really cool in theory but at smaller scales is a nightmare to deal with. But, props for the effort on Lims Toys part. Hopefully in the future they perhaps reconsider this approach, I'd prefer ease of attachment over accuracy in the instance of stuff you aren't going to see anyway. I ended up having to undo a bunch of the webgear to get it on but at least it looks great in the end. Really, just by the nature of how complex Venom's design is its really easy to knock off packs or mess up alignment on the straps and need to spend some time carefully adjusting again. But really I don't know how Lim would have avoided that beyond changing the way packs attach and once you get it finally set up it looks so good its a minor grievance.

Also, is there a way the knife is supposed to attache or are we expected to just wedge it between the pack and his body and let friction hold it there? Its sculpted with slots that a strap could attach but I didn't see anything in the box that seemed to be for that part.

Overall its a great set. The both look pretty spot on and everything feels surprisingly high quality for an unofficial product from a smaller company. Even the box art looks good which as a graphic artist its always good to see, and is rare on products like this. Really, outside of the lack of instructions for some bits, and just how fiddly Venom is (seriously, some of these straps and packs are a pain to keep in place) its a top tier figure and well worth the cash. I originally was thinking I'd sell off the Big Boss figure since I don't really care about that look from like 2 minutes of game time but its all so well done I kind of still want to keep him. In the end I really can't wait to see what little changes are made to Venom make it work in an even smaller scale for that upcoming 1/12 scale figure. Definitely glad I went in on two of those.

Got my set today (finally!) and I'm with Kaldas that I wish there was some sort of instruction on how to accurately wrap the scarf. There's a few bits that instructions would have been nice.

In addition to the scarf, the buttpack was surprisingly difficult to attach. Going with the realistic Alice clips is really cool in theory but at smaller scales is a nightmare to deal with. But, props for the effort on Lims Toys part. Hopefully in the future they perhaps reconsider this approach, I'd prefer ease of attachment over accuracy in the instance of stuff you aren't going to see anyway. I ended up having to undo a bunch of the webgear to get it on but at least it looks great in the end. Really, just by the nature of how complex Venom's design is its really easy to knock off packs or mess up alignment on the straps and need to spend some time carefully adjusting again. But really I don't know how Lim would have avoided that beyond changing the way packs attach and once you get it finally set up it looks so good its a minor grievance.

Also, is there a way the knife is supposed to attache or are we expected to just wedge it between the pack and his body and let friction hold it there? Its sculpted with slots that a strap could attach but I didn't see anything in the box that seemed to be for that part.

Overall its a great set. The both look pretty spot on and everything feels surprisingly high quality for an unofficial product from a smaller company. Even the box art looks good which as a graphic artist its always good to see, and is rare on products like this. Really, outside of the lack of instructions for some bits, and just how fiddly Venom is (seriously, some of these straps and packs are a pain to keep in place) its a top tier figure and well worth the cash. I originally was thinking I'd sell off the Big Boss figure since I don't really care about that look from like 2 minutes of game time but its all so well done I kind of still want to keep him. In the end I really can't wait to see what little changes are made to Venom make it work in an even smaller scale for that upcoming 1/12 scale figure. Definitely glad I went in on two of those.

I forgot about that! "the buttpack was surprisingly difficult to attach". After all I pulled out the small metal pieces from the clips I attached the buttpack on the belt with bigger metal parts. But it's impossible for me to put the small metal pieces back to the clips after attaching buttpack to the belt.

About the knife I have attached it this way
53271394_413353342767422_8856747482370015232_n.jpg

Does anyone know of any place still selling this?

Black Ops Toys has it…. for $600. Unless you really want these, $600 is a damn robbery esepcially taking into account the original price was below half of that!

are there any demands for the original deluxe pack + extra mission pack? thinking of selling them off as i don't think the biker pleather will last long.

i know it's inferior compared to the latest twin pack.

The teeth on my biker jacket have broken. I have decided to make Ground Zeroes Snake from the rest.

Sent from my SM-A105FN using Tapatalk

I have the 1/ 6 on preorder for over a year it's never been fulfilled did they just make less of the 1/6 scale ?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I have the 1/ 6 on preorder for over a year it's never been fulfilled did they just make less of the 1/6 scale ?

What is the figure and it where did you preorder from?

It's the regular 1/6 metal gear not the double figure I ordered it from cottsworld but its available on Ebay also I just think they ran a lower production number . And now have moved on to 1/12

It's the regular 1/6 metal gear not the double figure I ordered it from cottsworld but its available on Ebay also I just think they ran a lower production number . And now have moved on to 1/12

I'm with Limtoys, please tell exactly what you ordered, LIM001-002 or one of the body/clothing packs? If the site you ordered from hasn't fulfilled your order then you should ask for a refund. And we'll still work on both 1/6 and 1/12 scale figures, we aren't exclusive to one scale.

I'm with Limtoys, please tell exactly what you ordered, LIM001-002 or one of the body/clothing packs? If the site you ordered from hasn't fulfilled your order then you should ask for a refund. And we'll still work on both 1/6 and 1/12 scale figures, we aren't exclusive to one scale.
Oh you are LIM toys cool ,

Yeah orderd this set in Jan of 2019 from this seller and I have yet to get it. There is no deposit .

https://www.gijoeelite.com/D-PACK-Tiger-Stripe-ST-Edition-Figure-Set

I was wondering if you are still making them and if so do you know of a retailer who is selling them.

Thanks

Have you guys ever considered doing any 1/4 scale figures?

Back