Classic Doctor Who commission thread 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alright gang, I just got the major word back we have been waiting to hear:
Neil from OG still interested in going the Cyberman kit commissions for us and has no problem doing them as Revenge versions instead of the previously planned Invasion version!

He's pretty busy right now, so I don't know how soon he can reply to my follow up questions, but I did ask him about doing the accessory kit, (the guns and Cybermats he had been willing to do anyways regardless.) :chew:chew:chew

Until we talk again, I don't know if the guns and Cybermats will come with the figure or accessory kit if he'll do one.

What we need to do now is organize to pay the $400 for the Revenge Cybermans kit's commission. We are hoping to divide that up among a handful of people to make it cheaper for us on the whole, (so if 4 people were willing to help, each person would pay $100 towards the $400 needed to hire him ato make it, the rewards being each person who helps do this gets one Revenge kit as part of their helping with the commission, and being able to get as many additional kits as they want at cost.

Pm me if interested in helping with the initial $400 for thiose that already aren't. The more willing, the cheaper it will be per person!

Kits will be sold here afterwards for people interested who weren't able to help with the actual up front commission, but (depending on final talks) may be sold for around $40 a kit.

The extra incentive for joining into the $400 pre-pay is that when we sell the Cybermen kits individually here later, the money from that will go to pay back those "investors" in "commissioning" funds, meaning, say only 4 people help for the $400 preorder at $100 a piece, as kits are sold, they will be earn their money back in "credit" towards future heads we commission we do, so when we do a commision order for "x", you may have $40 banked and paid back. You can choose to use that towards whoever, o another neil commission later on.

Last edited:
Neil got back to me today and thought a Revenge accessory pack was a cool idea!
Based on our conversations here, this is what I've asked to be included:

>an "Invasion" Cyber-gun,
>Revenge version Cybermat,
>Revenge bomb detonator,
>a Revenge bomb on harness,
>and damaged Revenge Cyberman head with revealed rotted Cyberman face beneath.

That's like the COOLEST freaking accessory pack EVER! (laugh).

He's gonna figure out the cost and get back to us. :)

There's room for a second Cyberman accessory pack down the line if we ever do another Cyberman (Tomb, 10th Planet) though that kits accessories may cover the rest of whats needed from the different eras, since the Revenge version has the most I think they could come with.

I was thinking a "Hall of Cyberheads" showing their evolution would be a cool display to have in a Cybertomb diorama someday.

CYBERMAN UPDATE:

While we are still waiting to hear a finalized price to get the REVENGE Cyberman kit commissioned now that we are also commissioning the accessory kit to be made as well, I just wanted to announce BILLYB said he will be willing to make the actual Cyberman cloth outfits for us for whoever needs them, so thats another big worry off the list, and now every part of the Cyberman will be available from different sources to get a complete one once their offered.

BilliB said he'll have more of an idea on price for the outfits once he knows how many he needs to make, etc. :banana:banana:banana

cybrevenge.jpg

UPDATE

I've heard back from out sculptor extrordinaire, Neil. The final news on the "Revenge of the Cyberman" 1:6th Cyberman kit is this for everybody that has been asking:

It will cost $600 for all of us to get the Cyberman kit sculpted and all of the cyber-accessories we've asked for made.

This will include the Revenge helmet, chest and back units, piping, and ridged knee/elbow coverings.

The accessories will include a "Revenge" Cybermat, "Invasion" cyber-gun, "Revenge" detonator and bomb pack, and a damaged "Revenge" Cyber-head with rotted corpse revealed inside.

The molds will belong to us. Unlike an Ada commission, this kit won't be offered anywhere else. The only way people can order them is through us here.

We are hoping to divide the $600 cost up among a handful of people to make it cheaper for us on the whole, (so if 6 people were willing to help, each person would pay $100 towards the $600 needed to hire him to make it, the rewards being each person who helps do this gets one Revenge kit as part of their helping with the commission, and being able to get as many additional kits as they want at cost. It's the least expensive way to army build!!!

We already have 4 people involved, so any more would help immensely.
The more willing to fund this, the cheaper it will be per person!

The individual kits will be sold here afterwards for people who weren't able to help with the actual up front commission, but (depending on final talks) may be sold for around $45-$50 a kit.

The extra incentive for joining into the $600 pre-pay is that when we sell the Cybermen kits individually here later, the money from that will go to pay back those "investors" in "commissioning" funds, meaning, say 6 people help for the $600 preorder at $100 a piece, as kits are sold, they will be earn their money back in "credit" towards future heads we commission we do, so when we do a commision order for "x", you may have $40 banked and paid back. You can choose to use that towards whoever, or another Neil commission later on, or even towards more Cyberkits.

PM me if interested!

Just waiting on Neil to send me his Paypal, so soon. Also hoping to get a few more people involved to keep our price down. I'll keep everyone updated! :)

Count me in on the Cyberman kit. Payment details?? Any updates?

Hola!
Hell yes, the Revenge of the Cybermen kit commission is still happening! Let me re-cap what has been going on. Before I partnered up with Chris for the Doctor Who 1:6 collection we are now doing, I contacted sculptor Neil Simms about doing the Revenge Cybermen 1:6 commissions.

He is enthusiastic about doing it and said he just needed the free time in his schedule to do it. A LOT of time has passed. :monkey2 but he says he is very close to being able to start it. We who are part of the commission are all enthusiastically waiting, giddy as all hell. Neil is VERY talented.

Because it has been so long, I had considered cancelling it and having Chris do it since we are partners now, but since there are other paying contibutors involved and this is all of their projects too who have also waited forever, plus Neil was promised the job, cancelling and switching wouldn't be the honorable thing to do.

Right now, the only payments we are taking are for people who want to help pay the hefty $600 commissioning fee by becoming "contributors". Different people have helped pay between $100-$150 a person to help get the Revenge of the Cybermen kit and the Cybermen accessory kit made.

The perk of helping commission it as a contributor is that you get one set of each of the kits free, AND if you want to army build (like who doesn't!), you get to buy any additional kits you want for yourself at COST for your contribution.

Kits will be sold individually on the forums once they are made too, but price and all of that will be determined once we have them in hand.

BillyB has graciously agreed to make the jumpsuits for us for those that need them.

The kits:
REVENGE OF THE CYBERMEN KIT
REVENGE head, chest/back unit, arm/leg tubing, elbow/knee covers.

ACCESSORY KIT
>Damaged Revenge Cybermen helmet with rotted "zombie" head revealed inside,
>Revenge Cybermat,
>Revenge Cyberbomb with strap,
>Revenge bomb detonator,
>Invasion rifle

When I know something more, you'll know something!
-Rick :)

Any news? Hope the C.O. line of cybermen does not kill this commission. I love Neil's work!

Any news? Hope the C.O. line of cybermen does not kill this commission. I love Neil's work!

Hey Uriah10!
Thanks for asking! The 1:6 Revenge of the Cybermen commission is indeed still going on. Updates have just been sloooooooow, my friend. :monkey2 :monkey2:monkey2

Enclosed is a sliver of my last communication with Neil from May 10 as to his progress:

"Hiya Rick
it's going well, i've finished the control unit(looks lovely) chest unit, bomb, cybermat, just the handlebars on the cyberhelmet to do the then the tubes and broken/cyberzombie helmet to do (which will utilise a cast of the full helmet)."

and a few very early WIP pics from an even earlier e-mail to tide us over:

Cybermat.jpg

100_0277.jpg

I have had no further updates and while unbelievably antsy, don't want to be a pest to the poor guy either. I agree his work is great.

In the meantime while we are brothers in waiting and suffering, make sure you check out Mr Barlows awesome, recently revealed Pertwee head as well as Billy B's sweet Colin head (both in the customs section!).
-Rick :)

Last edited:
Good news. Got the newest update from Neil today on the Cybermen kits:

"I in the next week or so so i'll get myself right onto finishing up your project, not a lot needs done at all, just need a few tweaks on the sculpts here and there then i'll send pics for your approval and we can make the moulds which is a days work at most. Thanks for being so patient."

So that's awesome. Once the kit is done I will start it's own thread with ordering info. I still gotta figure out how to divide the kit up into different sets that can be ordered. I don't want people to be getting wasted parts they don't need (because if the Cyberbomb detontators, which is big, came with every Cyberman, if people bought multiples they likely wouldn't need more than one), so right now I am thinking there will be: Regular "Revenge" Cyberman set (with Cybermat and "Invasion" rifle), alternate damaged "Revenge" Cyberman set (same, but with the damaged helmet revealing rotted "zombie-like" head beneath instead. Bwa-ha-ha!), and then a "Revenge" Cyberman accessory kit with the Cyber Detonator and a couple of Cyber bombs. Thoughts?

This actual thread is ancient, so I will open a "Revenge" thread of it's own now after all just so new people don't get confused by the old stuff.
-Rick

Back