Clash of the titans remake

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice!!!:rock!
My local theater with D-Box will have the movie, but I'm not sure if it will be in 3D too...

This will be my first movie with D-box. The local theater just installed some seats. Have you seen anything with D-box before? If so, how is it?

No I haven't, though they had a setup in the lobby to try it out,
I tried it with the Book of Eli trailer,

It's pretty much just like any of those 3D/4D movies @ Disneyland and Universal, but a bit more subtle...
I've been expecting a movie that has plenty of action, and I think this might be it!

I'm sure to some extent it will fill a bit gimmicky, but I'll give it a go for sure!!

Based on that clip. the CGI Medusa looks terrible. As in, a Mummy 2- Scorpion King level of obvious fakery. Surprising, since much of the other effects work ( Kraken, scorpions, harpies) look fairly good from what we've seen so far.

No I haven't, though they had a setup in the lobby to try it out,
I tried it with the Book of Eli trailer,

It's pretty much just like any of those 3D/4D movies @ Disneyland and Universal, but a bit more subtle...
I've been expecting a movie that has plenty of action, and I think this might be it!

I'm sure to some extent it will fill a bit gimmicky, but I'll give it a go for sure!!

I don't think I will see every movie offered with it, at least not for $17.00 a ticket, but like you said, Clash seems like a perfect way to try it since it should be pretty action heavy.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/D5AuoFMzvAM&hl=en_GB&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/D5AuoFMzvAM&hl=en_GB&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

I just found out Natalia Vodianova plays Medusa in the remake!....*squeals like a japanese schoolgirl*

natalia_vodianova.jpg
:rock

I've been good at avoiding clips and such, but just saw that Medusa clip now... looked bad ass :rock

Can't wait to see this opening night.

So, a review at Aint it cool is indicating that the 3d add on to this film has resulted in visual disaster. Will be interesting to see if its as bad as indicated.

Review started with 'see 2d at all costs' kinda comment....lol.

Just watched this earlier at a gala screening though it was in 2D. Quite a fun movie to watch. I actually watched the 1981 original movie on DVD last week to make a comparison. Well, the remake is so much better in terms of plot and special effects.

I was quite disappointed with how Medusa looked like on screen as I felt that the CGI looks....well......too fake.....but the scorpions, the Krakan and Pegasus look great. I am going to watch this in 3D again on opening night......:banana

18% on rotten tomatoes....

Darth Ramuk - one question for you: is the editing that uber annoyingly fast chop cut kinda look where things move so fast you are kinda lost?

Darth Ramuk - one question for you: is the editing that uber annoyingly fast chop cut kinda look where things move so fast you are kinda lost?

If you read the Rotten Tomatoes "reviews" seems like they were expecting Ben-Hur or something like that...
What... didn't critics watch the original or saw the trailer?
Seriously... :rolleyes:

Hop on the bandwagon.........
:lol

Not so. It helped that I am familiar with Greek mythology. However, they did try to explain the other subplots along the way. Like the origins of Medusa, etc...

Of course, the talents of Liam Neeson and Ralph Fiennes were quite wasted in this movie as they appear quite one-dimensional. I still can't get over Zeus looking like some knight in very shiny armour. It is after all greek mythology and I expected the gods to be dressed in flowing white robes or something.:D

Back