Civil War

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So finally got my CW#1 issue and I started to read it. But it feels very awkward because I've been reading japanese manga for the past six years and they read from right to left. I still have to get used to the good old American way! :D

carbo-fation said:
So finally got my CW#1 issue and I started to read it. But it feels very awkward because I've been reading japanese manga for the past six years and they read from right to left. I still have to get used to the good old American way! :D

i just started reading Manga a few months ago. its very wierd reading the different ways.... sometimes i get confused and read the same page a couple times.

I do not read Daredevil.................but on Friday, Joe Quesada made a statement that may have told who is wearing the DD outfit in Hell's Kitchen right now with Matt Murdock being in jail. Pretty interesting....................

Mithrandier said:
I do not read Daredevil.................but on Friday, Joe Quesada made a statement that may have told who is wearing the DD outfit in Hell's Kitchen right now with Matt Murdock being in jail. Pretty interesting....................

So who was named and how lame was it?

Possible spoiler warning:

Joe Q. was asked that since the new Hawkeye had already been confirmed, would we be seeing the old Hawkeye, Clint Barton anytime soon. His answer to that was thet you should be seeing more of Clint by years end and that although he does not know where he has been, he is sure to be having a devil of a time.

I took that as possibly meaning that he might be the one behind the mask at this time while Matt is in jail. Why else would he say a devil of a time? Pure speculation on my part.

just picked up civil war #1 and #2 this week and it was great. question: are all the other issues associated with civil war worth getting? it's quite a lot.

congerking said:
just picked up civil war #1 and #2 this week and it was great. question: are all the other issues associated with civil war worth getting? it's quite a lot.

I was debating this very same question. So now I trying to get all the issues.
They are a lot but they add so much more to the story.

Edit: In case you are wondering about the other issues, here's what I got from marveluniverse.com.

Core Issues
Civil War #1-7, Civil War: Front Line #1-10, Civil War: X-Men #1-4, Civil War: Young Avengers & Runaways #1-4
Related/Tie-In Issues
Amazing Spider-Man #529-538, New Avengers: Illuminati #1, Fantastic Four #536-537, Black Panther #18, Cable & Deadpool #30-32, Captain America #22-24, Daily Bugle: Civil War Edition, Fantastic Four #538-543, Heroes For Hire #1-3, Iron Man #13-14, Ms. Marvel #6-8, New Avengers #21-25, Punisher War Journal #1-3, She-Hulk #8, Thunderbolts #103-105, Wolverine #42-47, X-Factor #8-9, Civil War: Opening Shot Sketchbook

carbo-fation said:
I was debating this very same question. So now I trying to get all the issues.
They are a lot but they add so much more to the story.

Edit: In case you are wondering about the other issues, here's what I got from marveluniverse.com.

Core Issues
Civil War #1-7, Civil War: Front Line #1-10, Civil War: X-Men #1-4, Civil War: Young Avengers & Runaways #1-4
Related/Tie-In Issues
Amazing Spider-Man #529-538, New Avengers: Illuminati #1, Fantastic Four #536-537, Black Panther #18, Cable & Deadpool #30-32, Captain America #22-24, Daily Bugle: Civil War Edition, Fantastic Four #538-543, Heroes For Hire #1-3, Iron Man #13-14, Ms. Marvel #6-8, New Avengers #21-25, Punisher War Journal #1-3, She-Hulk #8, Thunderbolts #103-105, Wolverine #42-47, X-Factor #8-9, Civil War: Opening Shot Sketchbook

wow now that i read that, there is a lot of books to get. i might have to pick and choose some of them. im definately only getting books of characters/teams that im familiar with. like i probably wont get heroes for hire,ms. marvel, she-hulk,thunderbolts, and illuminati.

Mithrandier said:
Possible spoiler warning:

Joe Q. was asked that since the new Hawkeye had already been confirmed, would we be seeing the old Hawkeye, Clint Barton anytime soon. His answer to that was thet you should be seeing more of Clint by years end and that although he does not know where he has been, he is sure to be having a devil of a time.

I took that as possibly meaning that he might be the one behind the mask at this time while Matt is in jail. Why else would he say a devil of a time? Pure speculation on my part.

Thanks for the heads up.

hairlesswookiee said:
wow now that i read that, there is a lot of books to get. i might have to pick and choose some of them. im definately only getting books of characters/teams that im familiar with. like i probably wont get heroes for hire,ms. marvel, she-hulk,thunderbolts, and illuminati.

Actually, Illuminati and She-hulk only have one issue. She-hulk is hard to find though.

carbo-fation said:
THis is really interesting so far. I've managed to get all the issues that have been released so far (including cross overs).

yeah me too, so far spiderman,wolverine and civil war are my favorite of them.

I agree with wolverine, spider-man, and civil war bing the best, although I've really enjoyed the fantastic four and new avengers as well. X-Factor and Thunderbolts were my least favorites.

carbo-fation said:
I asked my Comic book guy to reserve all Civil war issues, including cross overs. I haven't missed any new ones yet.

i did that too, but the other guy that works there lost my name?? so i had to grab the ones that i knew of. forgot all about the new avengers-- guess i have a reason to stop by next week.

I've just got the first 2 books of it. Too hard to catch up on all the side stories. Anybody know when #3 will come out?

Back