Civil War

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Azog said:
No Worries there more then enuff mutants are starting to go towards the anti side, inlcuding some of the Originals, and whether or not any agrees, Cyclops when pushed is still one of the most powerful X-Men...

And I know Marvel has said it over and over, with Hulk being outta the picture, you just gotta think that somewhere along the way he is gonna come in and play a role....

Good point! I forgot about the 198 and the Hulk. I think they will turn the tables soon.

Can't believe Iron Man almost killed Captain America. They were friends for eons!!! They were part of the Avengers going way way back!! I just don't buy it that Tony would hit the Captain so hard. Given, if Tony wanted to, he could vaporize Captain America.....but that brawl was brutal. Spiderman also attacked the Captain which I don't buy as well. I am starting to sway to the Anti-Registration side and cheer for the underdogs.

What chance does a regular guy with no powers like Captain America have against Iron Man with Extremis???

It was kind of a bummer to read the spoilers as to who the fake Daredevil is runnin 'round...................wanted it to be the other guy...................

I highly doubt the Hulk will be back so soon..............seeing as how things don't seem to be ending on Planet Hulk anytime soon(just reading the reviews, not the book).

Sentry has yet to pop in...............but according to the solicits, he will be pro. So the reall Thor has gotta be on Cap's side....................

Read SpiderMan 534 today... my hopes for Spidey are up... his inner conflict bared for the reader.

I'm guessing though that this issue takes place BEFORE CW#3? Would have been helpful to read that issue before #3... Spidey and Cap already traded fisticuffs one-on-one in #534. And the moment is SO cool when a speck of distrust starts to arise in Peter about Tony Stark, in how Iron Man is utilizing Spider-Man and Peter asks why Tony is using him in a certain way vs how Peter would have handled the situation (readers will know what I'm talkin' about).

Beren

Hey did anyone check out The Colbert Report last night? Joe Quesada was the guest and they talked all about "Civil War"!!

Beren

I just read #3 last night. I've been trying to stay away from this thread but damn this is a good storyline.

Captain America has gone from goody-2-shoes recognizable icon to the forefront as one of the premier heroes in all of comics. This story had done more for his profile than the John Cassaday and the Ed Brubaker runs put together.

I think the tables will turn when the mutants realize they are next. The obvious next step is to bring the hammer down on the mutants that are left after House of M once the non-mutant metas are dealt with. That may be something that Iron Man is not aware of and will probably be forced upon him.

Read Civil War X-Men #1..................things are already starting to mobilize on that front.................

It is about time that they turn Cap into someone to be dealt with and a leader like he should be.............

Hopefully the Hammer switches sides.......................

Have you read the latest Wolverine to see the beginning of a war on a different front...............this will spill into the main Civil War title.

I got my monthly dose of comics in the mail yesterday so I have not a chance to check out everything. I'll read Civil War Xmen and Wolverine when I get home today. :chew

I am still bummed that Spidey did not join with Cap. He is the ultimate urban everyman hero besides Daredevil.

Have you read the new Amazing Spider-Man? It's starting to look like your wish about spidey may not be that far off.

Can't wait to pick that one up, after Ben Grimm's role in the newest Amazing Spidey, I'm interested to see what's happening with the F4.

I am very confused...

At the end of Civil War # 3, Thor shows up in the middle of battle.

Then, in Spiderman Civil War # 534, the battle is over and no mention of Thor and how some of the Anti-Registration heroes got captured and some didn't.

I suppose this loose end will be wrapped up in Civil War #4, but this Spiderman issue jumped the gun.

I feel like I missed an issue btw CW #3 AND Spiderman #534.

Duckgoo said:
I am very confused...

At the end of Civil War # 3, Thor shows up in the middle of battle.

Then, in Spiderman Civil War # 534, the battle is over and no mention of Thor and how some of the Anti-Registration heroes got captured and some didn't.

I suppose this loose end will be wrapped up in Civil War #4, but this Spiderman issue jumped the gun.

I feel like I missed an issue btw CW #3 AND Spiderman #534.

I was confused at first myself, but I think 534 takes place before CW #3. Spider-Man makes a reference in 534 how Cap America doesn't know his suit yet and hits him him with one of his retractable arms, taking Cap by surprise. In CW #3, Cap tells a team mate about Spider-Man's suit's abilities, ergo... 534 chronologically before CW #3. :)

Beren

Forgive my ignorance. I first started to hear about Civil War at SDCC. Since SDCC, my bro has really gotten back into comics. Civil War is interesting him. From what I've gathered, there is like 7 issues of "Civil War" and then it also intigrates itself into some of the other characters' comics as well? Is there a list or a website that lists all of this issues in order or at least just all of them?

From what I understand of the comic itself, Iron Man is the leader for super-power registration and Capt. America is the leader of anti-registration. The heros pick sides, and some like some X-men are neutral. Am I somewhat getting this or am I way off? :lol

Thanks for any help guys.

Hey Buttmunch .............did I just yell that

You can get the list off of marvel's official site. They have a list of all the tie-in issues.

And yes, so far you have the basic idea. You may wanna read your bro's copies when you get a chance. It is a pretty good read.

And Azog, any idea if anyone is going to France?

Beren said:
I was confused at first myself, but I think 534 takes place before CW #3. Spider-Man makes a reference in 534 how Cap America doesn't know his suit yet and hits him him with one of his retractable arms, taking Cap by surprise. In CW #3, Cap tells a team mate about Spider-Man's suit's abilities, ergo... 534 chronologically before CW #3. :)

Beren

Thanks Beren! But I could swore that the first few pages of Spiderman 534 showed the battle taking place in CW # 3. The prisoners that they were transporting in Spiderman 534 were ones taken during the battle of CW #3.

So I think that Marvel make a mistake here with the chronology. I think CW#4 will clear up the confusion.

Good catch on Spiderman's suit!!! I kinda want Marvel to keep all the CW story lines in 1 CW book. All these tangents are making my head spin.

Buttmunch,

That's pretty much it in a nutshell. I think the wild cards in this whole thing are the mutants (X-Factor already sided with Cap's side), Namor and his people, a sudden unexpected return by the Hulk or Magneto coming in and taking sides with Captain America.

Buttmunch said:
Forgive my ignorance. I first started to hear about Civil War at SDCC. Since SDCC, my bro has really gotten back into comics. Civil War is interesting him. From what I've gathered, there is like 7 issues of "Civil War" and then it also intigrates itself into some of the other characters' comics as well? Is there a list or a website that lists all of this issues in order or at least just all of them?

From what I understand of the comic itself, Iron Man is the leader for d/super-power registration and Capt. America is the leader of anti-registration. The heros pick sides, and some like some X-men are neutral. Am I somewhat getting this or am I way off? :lol

Thanks for any help guys.

Here is the official list from Marvel Universe. I actually have all of these except for She-Hulk and Illuminati.
I hope this helps!
Core Issues
Civil War #1-7, Civil War: Front Line #1-10, Civil War: X-Men #1-4, Civil War: Young Avengers & Runaways #1-4
RelateTie-In Issues
Amazing Spider-Man #529-538, New Avengers: Illuminati #1, Fantastic Four #536-537, Black Panther #18, Cable & Deadpool #30-32, Captain America #22-24, Daily Bugle: Civil War Edition, Fantastic Four #538-543, Heroes For Hire #1-3, Iron Man #13-14, Ms. Marvel #6-8, New Avengers #21-25, Punisher War Journal #1-3, She-Hulk #8, Thunderbolts #103-105, Wolverine #42-47, X-Factor #8-9, Civil War: Opening Shot Sketchbook

Thanks for all the help you guys. The list is great. I too wish they would just keep the civil war in one comic. I'll definately read my brother's when he gets them.

Who would have thought Magneto would be opposed to registration? :lol

Back