Cinemaquette Underworld: Evolution - Marcus 1:3 Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok i will try again to explain it again....

on ECC's site ( NOT cinemaquettes) it has NOT always been the same at 34 inches. As i showed you in pictures..... just last week it was 37,5 inches. I even added a conversation with ECC of them stating that the measurements on their site were correct at 37,5.
They changed it the past week!
How much more proof then actual pictures do i need to show???

I know, it will still be awesome, it will still be big but when i order 37,5 inches......i expect 37,5 inches.
Imagin buying a 65 inch TV and coming home discovering it's only 55 inches.... **** would hit the fan! But now we should just accept this and don't complain??

Otto I agree with you 100% and they should
Address it

It's about 10% smaller than advertised. Pretty big deal.

It's been surprisingly quiet on the forums regarding the size issue. I guess because people in the States don't have it in hand yet.

Last edited:
mine should be shipping Monday, I want to see how he looks in person. I already have a excuse to send it back if I don't like it, but it's too cool of a piece not to give it a chance. If the figure portion of the statue ends up being smaller than my CM Endo, then I would prolly send it back, if not, will prolly keep it.

mine shipped today actually, but they did something that is kind of F'd up. Initially, the shipping was to be $85, but it came out to be $148, so they decided to charge and ship the item without getting my consent. That's not cool at all. This thing better be 100% perfect, or it's going back. That irritates me that they don't communicate something like that to a customer before charging more and then shipping it.

mine shipped today actually, but they did something that is kind of F'd up. Initially, the shipping was to be $85, but it came out to be $148, so they decided to charge and ship the item without getting my consent. That's not cool at all. This thing better be 100% perfect, or it's going back. That irritates me that they don't communicate something like that to a customer before charging more and then shipping it.

Wow. That IS messed up. Can they legally do that? Did the original purchase say shipping estimate?

no, I believe the shipping was quoted like every other company does it. They quoted me with UPS, then shipped it via FedEx. The lack of communication is what irritates me more than the extra charge. An extra $60 is a lot for someone like me. Not to mention, it costs me $190 in sales tax alone.

Did you order from CM?

Yes. I would've ordered from a retailer if I could, but there are none in the US. Their CS isn't very good.

The only experience I've had with CM CS was with a Darth Vader with a defective light saber. The return and replacement went very smooth. I personally only have good things to say about their CS. Like everything else I suppose YMMV. Good luck buddy, hope it's perfect.

thanks man. I get it Tuesday, so we will see. I got my CM Endo today, best Terminator piece I've had and I've had the SS 1:1 full clean, 1:2 HCG and 1:4 HT.

thanks man. I get it Tuesday, so we will see. I got my CM Endo today, best Terminator piece I've had and I've had the SS 1:1 full clean, 1:2 HCG and 1:4 HT.

Hells yeah! Congrats! :duff I enjoyed mine while I had it.

Those rare good deals sell quick when they pop up. I've gotten to where if it's something I've been looking out for I jump on it immediately. There's been a few times I didn't and regretted it.

it was actually there for a couple of days. I was trying to haggle a little bit, but he stood his ground, so I hit buy it now lol. Only issue it came with is a piece for the adapter light up is rattling in the base. Good thing the batteries still work it, not that I will ever turn the lights on again.

Wow! It is a fantastic piece. I would say that the only thing that bothers me, and this is with other large pieces too, is that it comes in pieces-granted this one the wings are the only two pieces that attach separately besides the base. Now I know that separate pieces is usually done for the sake of shipping, but IMO when you spend past 2k for a sculpture it should be one solid piece not a jig saw piece. Obviously we collectors want to categorize this type of stuff as art and true art whether it is a statue or an expensive large painting doesn't usually come in pieces no matter how large it is. I mean if you are spending a lot of money on a piece of "art" you will likely prepare yourself for the sticker shock of transportation- insurance, boxing for the entire piece, etc. and the company already knows this so make it one solid piece like a real artists sculpture. After all, a high valued art piece is a niche market anyway catered to people willing to pay the high price for ownership so shipping should be just part of the cost.
As for this piece I like it! The wing attaching to the sculpt to me brings it down a notch making it seem cookie cutterish and cheapening it a bit as you can see the attaching seam of the wings on the sculpt breaking the continuity of the entire sculpt piece,but that is just my opinion. I know for some people they will say that once it is put somewhere on a shelf you won't see it or you will only see the seam if you are really close to it or if you are looking for it, but that's not the point. Truly high end collectibles should be solid pieces regardless of size, again my opinion.
Unfortunately, I won't be getting him as he is pricey, and for my money anything past the 2k price point I prefer bigger 1:1 scale collectibles;however, congrats to all the lucky collectors that will be getting him, fully assembled he looks fantastic and worth the shelf space on any high end collector's shelf.

Happy collecting!

Max Power

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back