Cinemaquette life size genisys endoskeleton

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh, there are "tooth rules" in T1 that must be followed forever? Didn't know that.

"eyeballs" are not actually there, those are just optical sensors. They need to move like real eyes when tissue grows over, so those obviously need to be included in the skull even though they look similar to "eyes".

That's not just 'tooth rule', instead of 'endoskull' rule. Is that clear those new designers just didn't have ball to change the head while updating the rest of the body?

That's not just 'tooth rule', instead of 'endoskull' rule. Is that clear those new designers just didn't have ball to change the head while updating the rest of the body?

They did change a lot with the head too, mostly subtle.
Chronicle-Terminator-Genisys-vs-T2-T-800-Skulls-004.jpg

The thinking was T1 endo would never actually work, so they made the new one look like something that might actually function in the real world without movie magic.

I don't think fans ever questioned the plausibility of design choices in a film about time traveling cyborgs. :rotfl
At least In T1/T2 they were real, actual functional puppets that Winstons team built. I may be wrong but I don't recall one shot in Genisys of an Endo that isn't cgi. If functionality/believability was the goal, that's quite ironic then don't you think?

If only they put as much effort into the script as they did re-designing the endoskeleton.

I don't think fans ever questioned the plausibility of design choices in a film about time traveling cyborgs. :rotfl
At least In T1/T2 they were real, actual functional puppets that Winstons team built. I may be wrong but I don't recall one shot in Genisys of an Endo that isn't cgi. If functionality/believability was the goal, that's quite ironic then don't you think?

If only they put as much effort into the script as they did re-designing the endoskeleton.

Sure, most people wouldn't "question the plausibility", most can barely use their phones, never mind possess any actual robotics or engineering knowledge. The fact that the old ones were "real" puppets and the new ones are mostly CGI based really means nothing when talking about functionality/believability of the design. In most instances it enhances realism over physical based animatronics. I appreciate the old school methods too, but I am not going to let the quality of the movie affect how good the design of the new Endo is.

Sure, most people wouldn't "question the plausibility", most can barely use their phones, never mind possess any actual robotics or engineering knowledge. The fact that the old ones were "real" puppets and the new ones are mostly CGI based really means nothing when talking about functionality/believability of the design. In most instances it enhances realism over physical based animatronics. I appreciate the old school methods too, but I am not going to let the quality of the movie affect how good the design of the new Endo is.

Cgi "enhances" realism? :lol You don't find that ironic that you said that the new endos are supposed to be more in line with something that would "function in the real world" and "without movie magic", yet every shot of an endo in Genisys is CGI! :rotfl

I don't think anyone cares which design might actually function in the real world, but to say the endoskeletons from Genisys are supposed to be more believable is hilarious when in fact they happen to look the most fake. Who cares about the practicallity, all we can do is judge based on what we see on-screen. I think most fans would agree the old school, REAL puppet/animatronic Endos from T2 look way more real, and would rather see those over the garbage cgi endos featured in Genisys.

Last edited:
I don't think anyone cares which design might actually function in the real world

Thank you for proving my point.

How they are displayed on the screen is irrelevant to the design of the Endo, which is what I am talking about. When I have a statue of it IN MY HOME then it really doesn't matter how it was shown on screen, puppet or CGI, just the design and quality of the replica.

How they are displayed on the screen is irrelevant to the design of the Endo, which is what I am talking about. When I have a statue of it IN MY HOME then it really doesn't matter how it was shown on screen, puppet or CGI, just the design and quality of the replica.

Absolutely agree mate, this should look awesome in your home and likely one of the grail pieces in the collection with major presence too!

So there's nothing ironic about the Genisys endo supposedly being the "most believable" yet they happen to look the most fake and use "movie magic." That proves your point how? :rotfl

Genysis is a nice clean endo design and the statue looks great. But for me at the end of the day it just doesn't check all the boxes. Mainly nostalgia and being linked to a movie I like.

Genysis is a nice clean endo design and the statue looks great. But for me at the end of the day it just doesn't check all the boxes. Mainly nostalgia and being linked to a movie I like.

And that's perfectly fine, especially on a piece like this, you need to be 100% on it to drop anywhere near this much.

So there's nothing ironic about the Genisys endo supposedly being the "most believable" yet they happen to look the most fake and use "movie magic." That proves your point how? :rotfl

You simultaneously missed AND proved my point at the same time, impressive.

The Genisys DESIGN(not how they were portrayed on screen) is superior from an engineering standpoint, arguing aesthetics is pointless, too subjective. You can personally like it's design or not, like or dislike the film, or even how they looked IN the film, it makes no difference as to what I am saying. I am only talking about the physical design characteristics.

The thinking was T1 endo would never actually work, so they made the new one look like something that might actually function in the real world without movie magic.

You simultaneously missed AND proved my point at the same time, impressive.

The Genisys DESIGN(not how they were portrayed on screen) is superior from an engineering standpoint, arguing aesthetics is pointless, too subjective. You can personally like it's design or not, like or dislike the film, or even how they looked IN the film, it makes no difference as to what I am saying. I am only talking about the physical design characteristics.

You haven't proven any point. So far you've said the Genisys design is better, which for your information that in itself is also purely subjective. :huh Lmao

If you're only purely talking about design characteristics, then why did you say the Endos in Genisys were supposed to look like something that could function without "movie magic?" Is that an actual quote from the production team or just your opinion? Why wouldn't they use the actual puppets they built for the film then? Again I just find it ironic that the endos look the most unrealistic in Genisys if they are indeed supposed to be able to function in the real world without "movie magic" as you so claimed. I couldn't care less about discussing/debating the designs themselves.

You haven't proven any point. So far you've said the Genisys design is better, which for your information that in itself is also purely subjective. :huh Lmao

If you're only purely talking about design characteristics, then why did you say the Endos in Genisys were supposed to look like something that could function without "movie magic?" Is that an actual quote from the production team or just your opinion? Why wouldn't they use the actual puppets they built for the film then? Again I just find it ironic that the endos look the most unrealistic in Genisys if they are indeed supposed to be able to function in the real world without "movie magic" as you so claimed. I couldn't care less about discussing/debating the designs themselves.
Wow, you must be trolling me, nobody is that constantly daft.

Just as before, you can't handle when you're called out on your BS. So sensitive.

Back