Cinemaquette life size genisys endoskeleton

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is really a general question, but for "performance" cars the answer has to be newer, which is what I have(custom twin turbo vette). While I love the look of the classics, the engineering is dated, that's why we have resto-mods exploding in popularity. The "nostalgia" car hobby is gravitating towards those because they realize how dated the engineering is too and they strive to "modernize" them, much like was done with the new Endo. Not surprisingly, there are purists who hate that trend and can't appreciate them and only want 100% original(much like here too with the original Endo design). I can appreciate them all, each for their own merits.

I grew up riding around I my dad's 64 stingray. It was pretty dated as far as performance. The new Corvette is basically an affordable supercar, but I would rather roll around in and old split window 63. Nostalgia wins me over.
I think it's fair to say this endo is the new Corvette but you can not deny those of us (especially us mid 40's guys) that just can't get on board with the new endo.

Curious what car you would rather own...
one is refined, sleek and designed using computers, its safer, handles better and has modern electronics.

The other one is old and far less superior.

Try not to let nostalgia or love of an era cloud your judgment.
what does it have to do with a superior Cameron endoskeleton and inferior Gynysys transformer toy? the later one isn't sleek or refined, it's just overloaded with needless details, making it look like a test version built in a garage to see if it will work before going to mass producing.

Dude just let it go. We get it. You like the TG statue. We like the original one. Be happy and move along. Jes...

You feel free to "move along" to a T2 thread, I'll stay right here thanks. Haters like you come in here talking crap, quoting pics like a newb, and attacking Brian for just asking a question. Why are you guys even in a Genisys thread? You don't see me in threads for pieces I don't care for posting BS just to start an argument.

Last edited:
I grew up riding around I my dad's 64 stingray. It was pretty dated as far as performance. The new Corvette is basically an affordable supercar, but I would rather roll around in and old split window 63. Nostalgia wins me over.
I think it's fair to say this endo is the new Corvette but you can not deny those of us (especially us mid 40's guys) that just can't get on board with the new endo.

Yea, my dad had a bunch of Vettes back in the day including a '63 hardtop, but he agrees mine is on another level and he could never go back now. Maybe a drive for old times sake, but would never actually want to own one of them.

I think even if this was a kit 4-5k is still a lot , maybe 2k is reasonable . if u strip down the chrome and just see the material whether its resin or polystone its not really worth 10k .
I wished they offer this as as kit for 2k and I think a lot of people will buy this and displayed it as a raw kit
this is a pass as too much money and only for the people who can afford it
This is a great idea and I wish they’d listen and implement it . I’m sure they could still make one hell of a profit by selling these at 2K in unchromed pieces to the masses .
It would be a good experience assembling one imo

This is a great idea and I wish they’d listen and implement it . I’m sure they could still make one hell of a profit by selling these at 2K in unchromed pieces to the masses .
It would be a good experience assembling one imo

:lol "make a huge profit at 2K" Negative numbers don't count.

Well the final edition size deadline end date fast approaches. I wonder how many units will actually be sold. I suspect less than the 100 edition size which may make these more hard to find in future if ever they come up for sale on the second hand market. Just a few more days and no longer available to purchase from Chronicle.

SO, WHO ordered one of these in the end now that the deadline has passed? Were 100 of these sold? I doubt it!!!!

There's probably about 98 of these left. :lol

Not everyone has such poor taste as you...Judging by the 10 or so people confirmed on the forums and the fact that we make up such a small percentage I wouldn't be surprised if they sold at least half even in the extremely short preorder window. They even shortened it a month from their original target date so they may have actually gotten close to selling them all.

The endo looks fantastic and the quality and craftsman ship looks stunning but I cannot afford this not by a long shot!

Not everyone has such poor taste as you...Judging by the 10 or so people confirmed on the forums and the fact that we make up such a small percentage I wouldn't be surprised if they sold at least half even in the extremely short preorder window. They even shortened it a month from their original target date so they may have actually gotten close to selling them all.

giphy.gif

Cinemaquette's website still allows you to PO this, or at least add it to the cart and start the check out process. They didn't cut it off back in April as stated on the site? 67L88Stingray have you heard if they're still taking orders? Just curious.

Looks like this is getting released, Tang brothers video on youtube.

Not the design I prefer, but I think they nailed it. Great simple base and balanced pose. The most screen accurate endo. This will be a wonder piece for those who are getting it! Anyone getting this one? If you do, can't wait to see pics and vids!

Looks like this is getting released, Tang brothers video on youtube.

Not the design I prefer, but I think they nailed it. Great simple base and balanced pose. The most screen accurate endo. This will be a wonder piece for those who are getting it! Anyone getting this one? If you do, can't wait to see pics and vids!

After speaking to the owner of CM, these are due to the US in about 3 weeks, so hopefully they finally start showing up to collectors here before the end of the year. Judging by the pics it's the best 1:1 Endo ever made and it's not even close.

After speaking to the owner of CM, these are due to the US in about 3 weeks, so hopefully they finally start showing up to collectors here before the end of the year. Judging by the pics it's the best 1:1 Endo ever made and it's not even close.

Just saw some pics on the cc thread. Looks to be an absolute beauty (or beast!). What a stunning piece for those lucky 99 to be able to snag one of these.

I'm super excited for you man! Can't wait to see this in a private collection. You've had to be rediculously patient for this too.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

There are some more photos on Tang Brothers facebook page. They nailed this endo, it is 99% film accurate with maybe only the red led lights being slightly different in texture (grid rather than solid red, although some may prefer this), and teeth a tad hint more yellow than white. Such a badass piece, imo looks even better without any guns, no distractions, nothing to hide, just raw pure endo awesomeness. I like the base too, crushed skulls have been so overused and it's a nice touch to add some future tech to the base, the endo stepping on the drone like machine simply suggest its dominance, the one machine to rule them all! This will be a grail piece Stingray and I'm sure you'll absolutely admire the magnificent level of intricate detail on this endo! I for one am cheering that get yours very soon and definitely before xmas!

Statue makers have the technology and craftsmanship to build an arguably flawless endos as close to perfection as this genisys endo is living proof, why can't they do that with a T1 or T2 version life size? Rather fans of the original have to settle with the significantly inaccurate sideshow lifesize V1 and V2, yes they cost cheaper at 7k but I think fans will be willing to go more if they could buy one at the genisys lifesize quality. Pending space I know I would grab one immediately!

Because they have access to all the CG files and can just pump out a copy from those. They dont have that luxury with the older endos.

Back