Cinemaquette life size genisys endoskeleton

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did answer it, you just can't seem to understand. So keep posting, I never get tired if you demonstrating your overwhelming ineptitude.

No, as a matter of fact you didn't.

"why did you say the Endos in Genisys were supposed to look like something that could function without "movie magic?" Is that an actual quote from the production team or just your opinion?"

It doesn't matter. Who cares.

Ok, Ill try one more time, YES that was their goal. You are apparently taking the statement literally. No, they didn't make real robots that could function, the design is such that it "looks like" it could, as opposed to the old version which would never actually work, they are so crude in comparison.

Paul even mentioned something about that too I seem to remember.

Last edited:
Nobody really cares if the old or new Endo "works" in real life. But from the iconic point of view the classic Endo beats the hell out of the new one, no matter how well engineered the new version is. The same with the movies themselves.

no matter how well engineered the new version is.
there is nothing "well engineered" in it. it's just a crapload of new details with the only purpose of adding new details.
same as with latest transformers and 2014 roboflop (all designed by same person).
i don't know how newbutters talked you into thinking that new skeleton has improved functionality, because not a single detail there changes anything.

t800_02.jpg

https://www.bulgarov.com/t5.html

plus now his spine is a weak spot with its own moving pistons and holes between sections instead of a heavy armored column with all connection cables that served the only goal in original skeleton - to cover those cables.

Nobody really cares if the old or new Endo "works" in real life. But from the iconic point of view the classic Endo beats the hell out of the new one, no matter how well engineered the new version is. The same with the movies themselves.

Honestly the only reason "not to care" is nostalgia bias which is exactly what is prevalent here and it's sad.

"Nostalgia bias" is the reason people don't care? It's not that the new endo is an inferior design from an even more inferior film? :lol

there is nothing "well engineered" in it. it's just a crapload of new details with the only purpose of adding new details.
same as with latest transformers and 2014 roboflop (all designed by same person).
i don't know how newbutters talked you into thinking that new skeleton has improved functionality, because not a single detail there changes anything.

t800_02.jpg

https://www.bulgarov.com/t5.html

plus now his spine is a weak spot with its own moving pistons and holes between sections instead of a heavy armored column with all connection cables that served the only goal in original skeleton - to cover those cables.

"Engineered" in my phrase above means mostly this: SarcMark-LG.jpg

Honestly the only reason "not to care" is nostalgia bias which is exactly what is prevalent here and it's sad.

It's not sad. It's how the world works. I understand you want to defend this at any cost, I've seen this before, but all people are subjective in the end. That makes us people and not robots, pun intended :wink1:.

"Nostalgia bias" is the reason people don't care? It's not that the new endo is an inferior design from an even more inferior film? :lol

Yes, for most people as with any "first" they are usually held on a pedestal. The first endo is great too, not saying otherwise, but to me this one is superior. If in your jaded opinion due to not liking the film you disagree that's fine, but that was exactly my point, some people can't seem to separate the two. All you keep saying is inferior and all that bs and have yet to actually show a non-subjective reason. At least enis tried, but was unconvincing.

It's not sad. It's how the world works. I understand you want to defend this at any cost, I've seen this before, but all people are subjective in the end. That makes us people and not robots, pun intended :wink1:.

Not defending, hate it all you want, just want to see a reason other than "movie sux" or "not from T1/T2, don't care". I didn't care for the movie that much either, but not letting that affect my appreciation for the job they did on this.

Not defending, hate it all you want, just want to see a reason other than "movie sux" or "not from T1/T2, don't care". I didn't care for the movie that much either, but not letting that affect my appreciation for the job they did on this.

But you are defending it, you reply to each and every member who doesn't agree with you in this matter, I've seen this happening with EFX fans, they would do anything to defend their beliefs. As for myself I don't hate it, I simply don't care about it. It is a nice design, far from what you and others describe it to be, considering it is already based on a superb iconic design, but that is all.
:peace

I hate it because it is the physical manifestation of a crap movie that took a beloved classic franchise and childhood memory and pooped all over it. Nostalgia is most definitely a reason to prefer an endo from an older and superior film. It doesn't mean this new endo isn't nice or well designed, it just means it only exists because of a weak film. So weak in fact that the new Terminator film is pretending it never happened, just like I am pretending this endo doesn't exist.

Curious what car you would rather own...
one is refined, sleek and designed using computers, its safer, handles better and has modern electronics.

The other one is old and far less superior.

Try not to let nostalgia or love of an era cloud your judgment.
BBOvnVF.jpeg
johnwick.jpg

one is refined, sleek and designed using computers, its safer, handles better and has modern electronics.

View attachment 444168
View attachment 444169

Well, I wouldn't take John Wicks car.
Remember what happened to the last guy that took it.

That is really a general question, but for "performance" cars the answer has to be newer, which is what I have(custom twin turbo vette). While I love the look of the classics, the engineering is dated, that's why we have resto-mods exploding in popularity. The "nostalgia" car hobby is gravitating towards those because they realize how dated the engineering is too and they strive to "modernize" them, much like was done with the new Endo. Not surprisingly, there are purists who hate that trend and can't appreciate them and only want 100% original(much like here too with the original Endo design). I can appreciate them all, each for their own merits.

View attachment 444168
View attachment 444169

What does a car example has to do with a movie? It is stupid. Movies and cars are different...especially if a movie is a peace of crap like TG. I don't want anything from that cause it just remind me how ****** that abomination is. It is pretty much like...what do you want from the JP franchise...new new hybrid Zupah mega dinosaur crap or the iconic T-Rex from the classic first movie. Meh I will take Prime1's endo any day of the week. It is iconic and from a great movie...and for me...this is the most important.

Back in the day I bought sometimes statues, figures from bad movies because of the looks but I ended up selling them...cause I could not have find joy in them...they are a reminder just how bad that movie is.

What does a car example has to do with a movie? It is stupid. Movies and cars are different...especially if a movie is a peace of crap like TG. I don't want anything from that cause it just remind me how ****** that abomination is. It is pretty much like...what do you want from the JP franchise...new new hybrid Zupah mega dinosaur crap or the iconic T-Rex from the classic first movie. Meh I will take Prime1's endo any day of the week. It is iconic and from a great movie...and for me...this is the most important.

Back in the day I bought sometimes statues, figures from bad movies because of the looks but I ended up selling them...cause I could not have find joy in them...they are a reminder just how bad that movie is.
Cool story

Dude just let it go. We get it. You like the TG statue. We like the original one. Be happy and move along. Jes...

What does a car example has to do with a movie? It is stupid. Movies and cars are different...especially if a movie is a peace of crap like TG...words....

My apologies, sometimes I assume too much.
Let me help you out...

a·nal·o·gy
/əˈnaləjē/
noun
a comparison between two things, typically for the purpose of explanation or clarification.
"an analogy between the workings of nature and those of human societies"
a correspondence or partial similarity.
a thing which is comparable to something else in significant respects.
"works of art were seen as an analogy for works of nature"

Back