Statue Cinemaquette Creature From the Black Lagoon

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^^ Best signature ever. :drool

:yess::yess::yess:

I wonder if this is the start of a Universal line or if it's another "one and done" line. :rolleyes:

The owner said a few years ago the characters they do will be one and done for that license, so no wolfman, mummy, Dracula or frankenstein. Thank god for my wallet though. I'm not a universal collector, but even this one is super tempting.

One and done for a license?

So we have to consider Universal a license? I know it is, but it doesn't seem fair to lump all the characters together and say pick one, and that's all you can have from Cinemaquette! Isn't there an Indy in the line? So we could say that Lucasfilm should be a license too by the same standards as the Universal license and so a Vader and Indy should not exist in this line together.

I surely hope to see other classic Universal characters in the future from Cinemaquette! :lecture

One and done for a license?

So we have to consider Universal a license? I know it is, but it doesn't seem fair to lump all the characters together and say pick one, and that's all you can have from Cinemaquette! Isn't there an Indy in the line? So we could say that Lucasfilm should be a license too by the same standards as the Universal license and so a Vader and Indy should not exist in this line together.

I surely hope to see other classic Universal characters in the future from Cinemaquette! :lecture

Creature is going to represent all universal monsters, not the whole universal license. The terminator pieces before don't count because things changed after those. I wish we could see another Predator, but that won't happen. This company only releases one statue per year if we're lucky, so it makes no sense to dip into the same franchises with so many left to get to. I could be wrong about the universal monsters, but I'm pretty sure that's how it works. You could always call and ask .

At least the people here know who The Creature is. Many folks at another forum are totally oblivious. Some actually asking : "Is this movie any good? If so---Hollywood should re-make it."

Wowzers.

If I were a millionaire, I would buy one. But the way my finances are now, I wouldnt pay that much for anything. Except a nice used car or an emergency medical expense.

It's nice and I wouldn't mind having it but I'll probably just stick with the Sideshow PF for now.

nice statue & nostalgia, this dude always scared the crap out of me when i was a little kid for some reason even though the movie was already 30+ years old back then. Bloody zombies and ghosts got nothing on me, but this guy always makes me scared, maybe because the movie was black & white...

Anyway the statue is a guaranteed money loser given the material. I will pick one up off ebay for a nice 20-30% haircut down the road for old time sake...

If I were a millionaire, I would buy one. But the way my finances are now, I wouldnt pay that much for anything. Except a nice used car or an emergency medical expense.

you and me both Richard, I would LOVE to buy this!:drool

but I will pass do to money issues, probs with our house, cars, ect.

It would have to be a Boris Karloff (himself), a Karloff The Mummy (in mummy wrap), a Karloff as The Monster in Son of Frankenstein, Or a Michael Jackson (himself) Cinemaquette in order for me to bring on more money issues for myself. :lol:rotfl AS MUCH AS I DO NOT WANT TO, I WILL HAVE TO PASS ON THE CINEMAQUETTE CREATURE!!!!!!!!!!
:( :monkey2

The Monster,
Nick

you and me both Richard, I would LOVE to buy this!:drool

but I will pass do to money issues, probs with our house, cars, ect.

It would have to be a Boris Karloff (himself), a Karloff The Mummy (in mummy wrap), a Karloff as The Monster in Son of Frankenstein, Or a Michael Jackson (himself) Cinemaquette in order for me to bring on more money issues for myself. :lol:rotfl AS MUCH AS I DO NOT WANT TO, I WILL HAVE TO PASS ON THE CINEMAQUETTE CREATURE!!!!!!!!!!
:( :monkey2

The Monster,
Nick

We could have had all that and much more of the Universal stuff if Sideshow had kept the license..

We could have had all that and much more of the Universal stuff if Sideshow had kept the license..

I AGREE! I don't know what happened there but I SURE WOULD LOVE TO KNOW WHAT THE REAL DEAL IS! I would have done just about anything to help Sideshow keep that license if I could have helped them in any way I would have. I love Sideshow.

The Monster,
Nick

I AGREE! I don't know what happened there but I SURE WOULD LOVE TO KNOW WHAT THE REAL DEAL IS! I would have done just about anything to help Sideshow keep that license if I could have helped them in any way I would have. I love Sideshow.

The Monster,
Nick

I second that. If they got the Uni Monster license back and did small run statues again, I would buy em all. We really need a Son of Frank PF.

Gill Man looks amazing! Wish I had the money for this. A bit too pricey.:monkey2

Again, great piece and with the gloss look, makes it even BETTER.

Loving the classic pose and the paint job with the golden hues. CM knocked this out of the park. I'm certain that the *few* classic monsters collectors will be very pleased with this.

Back