Cinemaquette Aragorn up for order

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Goona wait for Jack and Indy. The proto pics for this weren't that impressive either, but pretty indicative of what you received. That said, Jack and Indy should be incredible!

Adoptedscot said:
That is a terrible likeness IMO, I thought the likeness of the 12" was wierd but this reminds me of that bad guy in Ghostbusters II(the one in the painting).I don't know his name.

That Cinemaquette looks like he wants to destroy the room and everyone in it,

Just my thought
Shell
x :D
180px-Vigo_the_Carpathian.jpg

"Command me Lord."

Adoptedscot said:
That is a terrible likeness IMO, I thought the likeness of the 12" was wierd but this reminds me of that bad guy in Ghostbusters II(the one in the painting).I don't know his name.

Wasn't his name ironically "Vigo"??

Bannister said:
180px-Vigo_the_Carpathian.jpg

"Command me Lord."

Thats him!!!,thanks for the help Bannister and Fly:wave.
Its that forehead and eyes, scares me

Bizarre that with the name likeness too.....spooky

Shell
x

That's it! Don't you see? They accidentally used Vigo's likeness instead of Viggo's, and that's why it's all wrong--because it's actually right, just of the wrong person, which was rightly done of the wrong person in the right way, which was wrong because it was right! I get it now!

Captain Aldeggon said:
That's it! Don't you see? They accidentally used Vigo's likeness instead of Viggo's, and that's why it's all wrong--because it's actually right, just of the wrong person, which was rightly done of the wrong person in the right way, which was wrong because it was right! I get it now!

:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

you guys and Shell lady are funny :)

Yes... you guys do have to some good points there but despite all that I do love this piece. I know you'll roll your eyes when I say this but it does look great in person. As much as I love my Sideshow stuff, sometimes I put it on the shelf and forget about it. I find myself admiring this piece over and over. I find new, cool details everyday.

Eagerly awaiting Captain Jack and Indy!!

Rugby1970 said:

Yes... you guys do have to some good points there but despite all that I do love this piece. I know you'll roll your eyes when I say this but it does look great in person. As much as I love my Sideshow stuff, sometimes I put it on the shelf and forget about it. I find myself admiring this piece over and over. I find new, cool details everyday.

Eagerly awaiting Captain Jack and Indy!!

It doesn't matter what people say Sir Rugby, it sounds like you really dig this one; which considering the price is certainly a good thing!

:clap

gambit said:

you guys and Shell lady are funny :)

:lol :lol :wave

....but in all seriousness I'm pleased you like it Mr Rugby1970, its always good to hear when a collector gets an item they really love.
Take care
Shell
x :D

I had a really nice long chat with George Sohn of Cinemaquette at SDCC. I didn't realize I was talking to the president of the company until well into the conversation, but I was really impressed by his enthusiasm and love for his product. We talked about many things including Aragorn's hairline and he assured me that some adjustments had been made.

Based on this assurance I ordered Aragorn and it just arrived today. My number is 86, so it seems Aragorn may end up being one of the rarest of the CMQs. I'm currently moving so I didn't remove him completely and set up him, but I did examine the head closely. Once I move I will definitely take some pics - finally I'll have large areas devoted to my collectibles and will better be able to display things.

The hairline DOES appear improved from the proto, coming in a little bit more in the widow's peak and on the sides. And I have to say that whatever the hair looks like, in person, the likeness to Viggo is unmistakeable. I was skeptical about this item from pictures, but there's no denying it's an excellent portrait when you see it in person.

I also love that they include a little booklet about how to set him up, how to care for the different elements - silicon, leather, cloth, metal and a little bit about how it was made.

Once Jack and Indy come through I think this company will really start gaining some momentum - if half of what George told me is true, then I think we're going to see great things from Cinemaquette.

One other thing - Aragorn weighs a frickin ton! I imagine needing 2 guys to lift the Predator box.

Congratulations Dave! I can't wait to see the pictures. I am 100% positive that Aragorn looks better in person. I recently ordered the CM Alien and I can not wait for it to arrive. I think we can expect great and big things from CM in the years to come. :rock

Last edited:
cool beans Dave glad you got you hands on him!!! im hoping i can scrounge up the money for the indy they are producing. hmm... the lotto is up to $50 million now. post up some pics once you get fully moved and displayed.

I had a really nice long chat with George Sohn of Cinemaquette at SDCC. I didn't realize I was talking to the president of the company until well into the conversation, but I was really impressed by his enthusiasm and love for his product. We talked about many things including Aragorn's hairline and he assured me that some adjustments had been made.

Based on this assurance I ordered Aragorn and it just arrived today. My number is 86, so it seems Aragorn may end up being one of the rarest of the CMQs. I'm currently moving so I didn't remove him completely and set up him, but I did examine the head closely. Once I move I will definitely take some pics - finally I'll have large areas devoted to my collectibles and will better be able to display things.

The hairline DOES appear improved from the proto, coming in a little bit more in the widow's peak and on the sides. And I have to say that whatever the hair looks like, in person, the likeness to Viggo is unmistakeable. I was skeptical about this item from pictures, but there's no denying it's an excellent portrait when you see it in person.

I also love that they include a little booklet about how to set him up, how to care for the different elements - silicon, leather, cloth, metal and a little bit about how it was made.

Once Jack and Indy come through I think this company will really start gaining some momentum - if half of what George told me is true, then I think we're going to see great things from Cinemaquette.

One other thing - Aragorn weighs a frickin ton! I imagine needing 2 guys to lift the Predator box.

Thanks for the info. Dave. Looking foward to see your pics .

Glad to hear he looks better as the rest of the piece was pretty cool. Need to see some pics before I can go along with it being worth the purchase price though.

I've had it for about 5 months now, and it is AWESOME! Without a doubt, the nicest collectible I will ever own. I got #26, and the hairline is just fine, thank you. This piece looks so realistic, it's eerie. I bought it direct from Cinemaquette with the provision that I could return it if I found the likeness lacking. I was a bit concerned before ordering, with all the negative remarks from folks who had seen the prototype at SDCC, and I was quite willing to return it if I was the least bit disappointed.After all, at $1500, it had better be near-perfect; IMO, it is, and even exceeded my expectations. I can now say, without reservation, that this would be the absolute LAST piece in my rather extensive LOTR collection to go, were I forced to sell.

Still not set up - but this shows the adjusted hair line...funny, reading my previous posts - his eyebrows aren't real obvious, but they do match Viggo's pretty well.

CMQ_ara1.jpg

CMQ_ara2.jpg

Back