Cinemaquette Aragorn up for order

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i saw one of the pics, and for some reason, this popped in my head:

"SON OF JOR-EL! KNEEL BEFORE ZOD!"

What's up with it only being 24" tall? I thought this was life-size for that price!!! At 24" tall . ..it only makes it a bit bigger that 1/4 scale!

aragorng9dr.jpg

It *might* look better with the hair down.

Quick photoshop from cap:

aragorn1.jpg

Better IMO but I am still not getting it.

aragorn2.jpg

The costume detal is perfect. Too bad it's not the Ranger version or I would get it.

Have been wracking my brain to figure out what that look/pose is from. I'm thinking it's when he's confronting Sauron in the Palantir (at least the eyes)....The intensity of that one eye is REALLY creeping me out.:monkey4

Easy pass for me for two reasons: 1) I don't really collect this scale and 3) the sculpt looks nothing like Vigo in my opinion.....the Indiana Jones though.........

Cheers,

Brad

Gruson said:
It *might* look better with the hair down.

Quick photoshop from cap:

aragorn1.jpg

Better IMO but I am still not getting it.

aragorn2.jpg

The costume detal is perfect. Too bad it's not the Ranger version or I would get it.

it's really a pretty good sculpt...until u get up past his eyes. then he becomes King Hydrocephalus! poor lil water head, Robert Conrad lookin, mullet havin King. :(

Does anyone know specifically what CINEMAQUETTE's customer satisfaction/return policy is? Their website says they guarantee satisfaction, but don't elaborate regarding potential returns. I *might* be tempted to order this. providing they gave a 100% money-back guarantee for a return if the likeness looks like crap in person. Sometimes the pics can betray the actual quality of the piece, and I'd like to see it in person before passing judgement.

I was really looking forward to buying this piece, but it is just horrible. If I can't justify $250 for an essence of Frodo, I certain can't justify a $1500 essence of Aragorn.

I want the Fellowship of the Ring, not a Fellowship of Impersonators that wouldn't even make it in Vegas.

warlock664 said:
Does anyone know specifically what CINEMAQUETTE's customer satisfaction/return policy is? Their website says they guarantee satisfaction, but don't elaborate regarding potential returns. I *might* be tempted to order this. providing they gave a 100% money-back guarantee for a return if the likeness looks like crap in person. Sometimes the pics can betray the actual quality of the piece, and I'd like to see it in person before passing judgement.

Warlock....I saw this piece in person up close at San Diego (and am sure others on this board also). Believe me....this picture shows exactly what you're gonna get. It won't get better in person. Of course, your curiosity may be piqued and you might be more forgiving than I, so you'll do as you see fit. But, were I in your shoes, I wouldn't even fuss with the ordering, receiving, sending back, etc. My 2 cents.

Wetanut said:
Warlock....I saw this piece in person up close at San Diego (and am sure others on this board also). Believe me....this picture shows exactly what you're gonna get. It won't get better in person. Of course, your curiosity may be piqued and you might be more forgiving than I, so you'll do as you see fit. But, were I in your shoes, I wouldn't even fuss with the ordering, receiving, sending back, etc. My 2 cents.

What she said.

warlock664 said:

Unless CM's policies have changed recently, you can't return a CM just because you think it looks bad.

Besides the hairline - WHERE ARE HIS EYEBROWS!??

Giving this the benefit of the doubt as I try to do any photos of product - looking at the above pics of Viggo and the CMQ, each item, nose, chin, cheek, all look right taken individually. However as we've discovered with Viggo - he's hard to capture and if everything doesn't come together, it just doesn't work.

Back