Cinemaquette Aragorn up for order

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The hairline/forehead is definately my biggest gripe.

Here is a shot from SDCC that I took, and CM did fix the hair since then - they thickened it.

SanDiegoComicCon2006082.jpg

Whats odd, like Dave and others have said, is that all the parts are very Viggo... but the total package is not working. One think I notice is that in the screen cap Viggo has more of a peak to the center of his hairline and the sides of his hairline come in a bit more.

The man does have a pretty ginormous forehead and the sculpt seems to reflect that well... but by having the straight front and receeded side hairlines it gives him that cromagnagorn look.

BTW... I really don't find anti-caveman/evolvist humor funny. Some of my best friends are Cavemen!!!

caveman_1.jpg

RoboDad said:
I don't think he looks like a cave man. I think he looks more like this character from the old Outer Limits show:

gwyllim.jpg

aragorn0fm.jpg
That big-headed dude may just become my new avatar. Something about his expression is just too funny.

Here's a response I received today from CINEMAQUETTES regarding their "Return Policy":

"Thank you for your interest in our Aragorn Cinemaquette. We have been
getting mixed responses all over the world regarding the likeness of
this piece. However, we feel that once more people see this piece in
person, they will be able to appreciate the detail and likeness. Yes,
satisfaction is guaranteed. However, you will have 30 days from receipt
to return the item if you are unsatisfied. Please let us know if you
have any more questions or concerns regarding Cinemaquettes and thank
you for your support."

warlock664 said:
Here's a response I received today from CINEMAQUETTES regarding their "Return Policy":

"Thank you for your interest in our Aragorn Cinemaquette. We have been
getting mixed responses all over the world regarding the likeness of
this piece. However, we feel that once more people see this piece in
person, they will be able to appreciate the detail and likeness. Yes,
satisfaction is guaranteed. However, you will have 30 days from receipt
to return the item if you are unsatisfied. Please let us know if you
have any more questions or concerns regarding Cinemaquettes and thank
you for your support."

Cool, they changed their policy. Now a LOTR fan can order one risk free.

What an awful sculpt,he looks more like WWE wrestler The Undertaker circa 1990-91 than Viggo Mortensen. For the price that CM charge for these pieces there should be nothing less than a 100 % accurate likeness on each but apart from Jack Sparrow CM's human sculpts are all mediocre and I would only recommend them to people with more money than sense. Their Terminator exoskeletons and the Alien are awesome by comparison though I still think they are overpriced.

bcm77 said:
but apart from Jack Sparrow CM's human sculpts are all mediocre

Well, Aragorn is only the second CM human that's been released. Arnold is 100% accurate. They scanned his head just like Depp's. That's why the T-850 and Sparrow look so amazing.

Even if a person is scanned it does not always guarantee a perfect recreation when scaled down to figure/statue size. For example Jakks scan all the WWE wrestlers for their action figures but even so there are certain likenesses that turn out badly even after multiple scans of the same person. The CM Arnold sculpt is the best out there at present but it's not perfect and Aragorn is flat out awful.

We have been getting mixed responses all over the world regarding the likeness of this piece. However, we feel that once more people see this piece in person, they will be able to appreciate the detail and likeness.
When did Josh start working for Cinemaquette.:rotfl

Back