Cinemaquette Aragorn up for order

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darklord Dave

Super Freak
Reaction score
What no thread on this yet?

It doesn't seem like they changed the sculpt any - but I can't find any pictures on their site besides the small full body and the one of the head. Am I just missing them?

I got the same e-mail today. The likeness isn't really improved any at all. He seems a little "smoother" now, but that seems to be the only change in the sculpt. Easy pass at that sorta price!:lol

Does anyone have this on pre-order? Are they really going to move 1,000 units at this price? :confused:

Jeez, he looks terrible! And I'm usually not negative about figures and statues... but this one is just baffling!?!

In all honesty I haven't heard a single person say that they ARE ordering this.

C'mon, we won't hurt ya, come out into the light where we can see you.

:monkey3

Since they make these in "waves", what happens if he doesn't sell? Will they only ever make the first 50? 100? 200? :confused:

Just got my notification as well. With the prices Cinemaquette charges for these pieces, I was toying with the idea of an Aragorn....ONLY. I saw the first version at SDCC 05 and the "improved" version at SDCC 06. This "Tweaked" version isn't any better. Along with that unfathomable huge forehead (which could possibly be minimized a bit with bringing hair down), his expression gives me the creeps....No way. No how. Wouldn't pay $150 for him, let alone $1500.00

If they moved the hairline slightly lower on his forehead, and further forward on the sides (it looks like i goes straight up from his ears!) then it would look a lot more like Viggo. What possessed them that that is remotely what his hairline is like.

Don't they have reference pics? (unless it's a REALLY bad photo)

aragorn.jpg

viggo+mortensen.jpg

hunky_artist said:
If they moved the hairline slightly lower on his forehead, and further forward on the sides (it looks like i goes straight up from his ears!) then it would look a lot more like Viggo. What possessed them that that is remotely what his hairline is like.

Don't they have reference pics? (unless it's a REALLY bad photo)

aragorn.jpg

viggo+mortensen.jpg
Man that likeness is uncanny.:rotfl
I doubt they will sell more than 100 of these, maybe not even 50.

why is cinemaquette so secretive about pics of their products. they have it up for order but only have tiny full body pics...i know they have quality products but why the secrecy?

Last edited:
Wetanut said:
Just got my notification as well. With the prices Cinemaquette charges for these pieces, I was toying with the idea of an Aragorn....ONLY. I saw the first version at SDCC 05 and the "improved" version at SDCC 06. This "Tweaked" version isn't any better. Along with that unfathomable huge forehead (which could possibly be minimized a bit with bringing hair down), his expression gives me the creeps....No way. No how. Wouldn't pay $150 for him, let alone $1500.00

Yeah, this just isn't very good at all. I wouldn't give ya a wooden nickel for this thing. Now, if it looked better I'd seriously think about it but for $1500 there better be NO issues.

jlcmsu said:
Yeah, this just isn't very good at all. I wouldn't give ya a wooden nickel for this thing. Now, if it looked better I'd seriously think about it but for $1500 there better be NO issues.
Yeah if the likeness was dead on I would have found a way to buy this.

Back