Chronicle Collectibles - Robocop

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No it isn't. It's already been established that Phil Tippet did not use proper 1:6 scale puppets for the films. People will try and contend this but it's absolute bull crap if people say otherwise. Cain is absolutely too small next to any 1:6 figure.

How tall is your Cain statue? Not including the base.

No it isn't. It's already been established that Phil Tippet did not use proper 1:6 scale puppets for the films. People will try and contend this but it's absolute bull crap if people say otherwise. Cain is absolutely too small next to any 1:6 figure.

a855c672e511b5a63a1a8e1c3afcc0d8.jpg

Tippett studio is not a toy factory and these are movie props REPLICAS.
FX props built for MOVIES, not designed to be in scale with figures or collector stuff.
Who cares about scale?
These are studio accurate and it can't get any better than that yes?

FX props built for MOVIES, not designed to be in scale with figures or collector stuff.
Who cares about scale?
From the mouth of Cain himself. Unbiased of course. :wink1:

Joking aside I agree with you. As long as it's accurate to the original prop I'm happy. This is a different ball game than scaled representations of characters, it is reproduction of props, as you said. :goodpost:

He's disassembled and back in the box. Best place for it really. He's roughly 14 inches off the base.

Who cares about scale?

I agree with you. Being in a standardized scale is always nice though, especially if you are going to be displaying them next to other things in that scale. But on it own, I agree, scale is less important.

For those who maybe interested - here is a video I did of an unboxing of Chronicle Collectibles ED-209.

This is my first ever unboxing video - as I usually don't do unboxing/statute/figurine videos.

I don't go into to much detail on the statue itself - just unboxing, how to put it together and a few measurements etc.

Hope you enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdfCRknmx8M

Awesome work on the video...what are your thoughts on this ED?

If you after a high end piece, with movie accuracy detail and if you can afford the cost, then I would say buy it.

It's a solid piece, well made and as far as I can tell - others more knowledgeable than me seem to agree - very screen accurate (it was made from the original molds - where possible - and an original puppet after all).

Keep in mind it is a statue, so the pose is what you get - you can not change it without putting a saw to it!

Also it is studio scale - so if your hoping to put another manufacturers RoboCop or the like up against it in your shelf and expect it to be in proportion (height wise) - it will not be.

Hope this helps :)

Here you go Ash Housewares.

I've been reading on the SF board that there is a guy there that has a damaged Cain I think his name is ASH.

If anyone wants him to contact me, we'll gladly refund his money and he can send it back.

Or I'll replace or fix his base at my cost. To our knowledge no one has contacted us regarding that issue...

Paul

Sounds like everyone is making peace. Now we can all fill our homes with Terminators and 7 foot T-Rex statues. :hi5:

Back