Chronicle Collectibles Jurassic Park 1/5 Stan Winston T-Rex Wall Mounted Head

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
$4k out of my price range, especially as shipping a 7 foot T-rex to the UK is gonna be a pain in the a**

imagine how cool posable detailed figures of the dinosaurs would be, a nearly 3 foot long poseable T-rex or a 1 foot raptor if they go 1/15 scale.

I think this is around 1/18 scale
content_john-rosengrant-legacy-effects-interview-jurassic_park-115_copy.jpg

this is 1/5, way too big for me
content_jurassic-park-t-rex-sculpting-1.jpg

Last edited:
It is not nearly as complex as an endoskeleton though. I don't think it will cost what the endo costs. My wild guess is around $4K.

I hope that is a wild guess. Although I would probably be willing to pay $4k, I need it to come closer to $3k. This is just a dozen or so mostly big hunks of plastic that need to be glued together. Nowhere near the complexity of an endo. Looking forward to a top notch paint job, but it isn't that complex a scheme either. Hoping this all means a reasonable price. Trying to come up with something comparable, I thought of the Kaiyodo BIG GUY Godzilla model. It is about 7' from head to tail and probably more complex. Don't quite remember what the last release retailed at, but the kit has been in about the $1000 range over the last 20 years.

After seeing the film I feel it is my responsibility to buy the 1/5, 7-foot T-Rex. I was expecting the price to be more around 2 grand. I hope it isn't much higher than that.

imagine how cool posable detailed figures of the dinosaurs would be, a nearly 3 foot long poseable T-rex or a 1 foot raptor if they go 1/15 scale.

I think this is around 1/18 scale
content_john-rosengrant-legacy-effects-interview-jurassic_park-115_copy.jpg

this is 1/5, way too big for me
content_jurassic-park-t-rex-sculpting-1.jpg

The full body 1/5 is too big for my collection, but that 1/18 and the 1/5 bust are ideal.

No way could I afford a 4k 7 foot long Rex, but that 1/18 size looks great. I would love some collectibles from the first movie, I hope there's a more affordable selection in addition to the more expensive ones.

Like the 1/18 model too, but it should have a more interesting pose, maybe head down and roaring like in the movie scene standing between the 2 ford explorers or
running behind the Jeep Wrangler with Ellie, Ian and Muldoon.

It's not 1:18 but 1:16. The Horizon Model was molded from it. Those are on Ebay from time to time.

While the 1:5 studio scale is probably the coolest thing on earth (besides their 1:1 animatronic ;) ), i highly doubt that many people have the space for it.
I have an 1:8 and it is frikkin huge...

The 1:8:

t_rex_1_8th_wip_by_galileon-d67csjk.jpg

The 1:5:

Sculpting5thScale.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the pics and the information.
That´s what i mean, there are so many Winston-Rexes standing on both feet and in my opinion it´s getting a little bit boring.

The 1:8 looks like a more manageable size.

Where did you get your 1:8 Rex from? Gene models?

It's not 1:18 but 1:24. The Horizon Model was molded from it. Those are on Ebay from time to time.

While the 1:5 studio scale is probably the coolest thing on earth (besides their 1:1 animatronic ;) ), i highly doubt that many people have the space for it.
I have an 1:8 and it is frikkin huge...

]

When I first heard of this news I was excited but then I started reading through the thread and saw the words 7' T-Rex at 4k!!! Yikes! I wish a company could produce high quality JP dino figures at reasonable prices.

When I first heard of this news I was excited but then I started reading through the thread and saw the words 7' T-Rex at 4k!!! Yikes! I wish a company could produce high quality JP dino figures at reasonable prices.
Exactly how I feel. I hope some of their stuff won't be in the thousands... I'd love an affordable smaller scale statue of the female rex

Guys like I said, 4K is my WILD GUESS. Nothing official about price has been released. I was thinking around $3,500 but aiming high is usually more realistic in my experience. I could be wrong, and I hope I am. It's pure speculation on my part.

Sorry i had to correct my posting. The Horizon Rex was 1:16 and not 1:24. Quite a difference :)

Yes the 1:8 is from Geneemodels.

the female rex between 2-3 feet long would be ideal for me, whatever scale that ends up being.

would love a pose like one of these too:
rex_1080.png

Jurassic-Park.jpg

or even this but with the original rex
maxresdefault.jpg

The second picture would be great. One of my favorite shots in the movie.

Some 1/6 scale raptors would be great too.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

Back