Chronicle Collectibles Jurassic Park 1/5 Stan Winston T-Rex Wall Mounted Head

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone know how long it takes for an order cancellation to go through? It's been on "pending" all week. Even emailed them with no response.

Sorry Jbot, I know this is supposed to be a community where you can come to talk amongst your peers who share the same hobby interest, but sometimes we have trolls with nothing better to do but leave smart ass comments in threads they share no interest in.

I would say normally 7-10. Yes... it may take longer the week between Christmas & New Years, but you should of at least had a response by now.

Sorry Jbot, I know this is supposed to be a community where you can come to talk amongst your peers who share the same hobby interest, but sometimes we have trolls with nothing better to do but leave smart ass comments in threads they share no interest in.

I would say normally 7-10. Yes... it may take longer the week between Christmas & New Years, but you should of at least had a response by now.

Thanks for the helpful answer. I figured I'd have heard back by now too, didn't even get an automated email. Maybe by the middle of next week I'll have a response. This is the first time I've dealt with Chronicle, and since companies operate differently I thought I'd ask.

#26 arrived!

Saweeeet piece and sweet vid! You're vid actually inspired me to hunt one down, it actually looks better than I originally thought before seeing your vid. I was on the fence about this one and am now getting one in! Thanks!!!

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

I'm a troll for pointing out it's between Christmas & New Year so a quick response is unlikley?

:cuckoo: :wave

I'm a troll for pointing out it's between Christmas & New Year so a quick response is unlikley?

:cuckoo: :wave

Oh, is that what you were pointing out? Thats was nice of you because I'm sure he didn't know that. Seemed to me you were being a smart ass. But that's not why your a Troll. Your a Troll because you continue to post in this thread when your not interested in the piece.

Last edited:
Saweeeet piece and sweet vid! You're vid actually inspired me to hunt one down, it actually looks better than I originally thought before seeing your vid. I was on the fence about this one and am now getting one in! Thanks!!!

You're very much welcome my friend! Personally I do not believe it's as bad as many are making it out to be. I agree it's not as great as the proto piece was advertised, but it's still a pretty good paint job IMO.

I'll know soon enough, mine is expected in on Fri!!!

Arghh! Shipment changed to arrive on mon. ...oh well, will have to wait untill next week.

Got my custom nameplate today...
IMG_5469.JPG

Well I just got mine in and mounted today! (mounting was kind of a PITA and its not on 100% straight but its up and secure now woohoo!)

Overall I am happy with this piece. Its a good, fun piece. The paint app is not the best but certainly not terrible either. Yes it is certainly different than the prototype and it certainly does not have that "realistic' look to it in sculpt or paint BUT it is a cool t rex piece from JP that has the exaggerated look of the JP dinosaurs and is a very cool piece to look at.

The paint colors are a bit muted and coloring could have better shading but overall it's not that bad. I'm keeping it and really do like it but I can see where alot of the criticism is coming from. It definitely turns heads in my collection, the people that have seen this (non collectors) really like it as well. It's a prominent piece and though I paid a little extra for it on the 3rd party market, I am glad I got it.

If I expected realism like the Dinosauria line from SSC then I would have been disappointed, but I kind of knew how the final product looked like and what to expect before purchasing so I am totally fine with the fun factor of the piece keeping it my collection.

Here's a bunch of pics:

DSCN6033.jpg

DSCN6034.jpg

DSCN6035.jpg

DSCN6038.jpg

DSCN6039.jpg

DSCN6040.jpg

DSCN6047.jpg

DSCN6044.jpg

DSCN6042.jpg

Back