Chronicle Collectibles Conan the Barbarian 1/4 King Conan

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cronicle teaser from FB
FB_IMG_1457664461668.jpg

This is looking to be a real centre piece for Conan collectors. Maybe beyond my funding limits but will be looking very hard at ways to get him ;-)

Early photos are up at www.thearnoldfans.com

On one hand I'm not loving the likeness, and it is difficult to get a proper feel for the paint apps given the lighting being used for the promo pics.

On the other hand, as a fan of literary Conan, this is one rare case where the likeness isn't a deal breaker for me, because the piece still sells the idea of King Conan, the character, wearing his crown upon a troubled brow, and that is the biggest draw of the piece for me, personally. So for once it is the concept, rather than the strict accuracy of the piece, that is the primary appeal. And on those grounds, for me at least, it's still very much a winner.

The full sculpting and not mixed media makes a difference as well and I agree with the book concept being the big draw on this as well, as there has yet to be a decent Conan movie made where he isn't portrayed as a bumbling bruiser! Great looking statue though and a good addition to the Conan range.

Pre-Order opens soon, price TBA.

18" tall, 14" to the top of his head. 12" deep and 15" wide.

Chronicle Collectibles

Attachments

• king1.jpg
    king1.jpg
    523.2 KB · Views: 220
  • King2.jpg
    King2.jpg
    501.2 KB · Views: 211
  • King3.jpg
    King3.jpg
    474.3 KB · Views: 210
  • King4.jpg
    King4.jpg
    528.7 KB · Views: 211
  • King5.jpg
    King5.jpg
    735.8 KB · Views: 218
  • Kings1.jpg
    Kings1.jpg
    694 KB · Views: 208
  • Kings2.jpg
    Kings2.jpg
    791.5 KB · Views: 216
  • kings5.jpg
    kings5.jpg
    805.1 KB · Views: 211
Still no pricing on this, but a can't wait.
I have 1K set aside, hoping it won't be more than that.

Whilst we wait......

Does anyone know if someone is going to be making any other REH characters in 1/4 such as : Solomon Kane, Cormac Mac Art and Wulfhere Skullsplitter? I would have bought the SS 'Rick O'Connell' PF if released as I immediately thought he would be a near perfect 'El Borak' (aka Francis Xavier Gordon)?

Depending on how it turned out I might want a Solomon Kane.

Back