Chronicle Collectibles 1:6 Conan

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so the license system itself is what has to be blamed.
1. a studio does everything to make an alien/predator/terminator movie shorter/stupider/duller/cheaper than it could be.
2. people behind the movie still manage to make it memorable despite all studio attempts.
3. a studio doesn't give up, takes all money from the movie they didn't even want to make, steals the characters from those movies and sells licences for making figures of them.
4. some rich factory pays the studio a little more to buy an exclusive license.
5. thanks to the studio greed, we don't see figures of movie characters that were made despite said studio's attempts to erase them from ever be created.
is it correct?

I guess it all does come down to greed. You might argue though that Hot Toys isn't making any money off licenses it just holds and won't do anything with, but they also keep other companies from gaining any notoriety for producing the stuff people want. Ultimately, Hot Toys gets no real competition and remain on top.

i don't blame HT for their greed in that case. i blame the sellers of licenses. it's them who establish/accept terms.
for characters they took zero part to create - and often did everything to ruin them before first appearance.

There's a lot to unpack there. But people who create characters will sell or license the use that character to a 3rd party in exhange for money. And the 3rd party who now has the licesne bears all the costs and risk of designing, manufacturing, and marketing of products based on that license.

For example, HT may have paid a ton to whomever owned the lone ranger license. But the figure(s) were a flop. So whoever had the license got the money and HT took the risk. In this hypothetical the risk didnt pay off.

So i think it's a bargained for exchange between the parties. And keep in mind these licenses are not small or untested characters. Conan, Aliens, etc. all have a built in fan base willing to spend money. So the consideration demanded by the license holder will likely be significant.

So that's the reason EB stopped putting out anything but basketball figures (besides the latest Bruce lee or an ip man)

Yeah i was wondering why enterbay suddenly stopped producing figures from movies which is a shame coz what they released was and still is great looking.

It's a great Terminator face because it is a Terminator face. As I said previously, they used the CGI files from young Arnold in Genisys.

I don't know about every licensing agreement, but usually you get exclusivity in an area for a certain type of product, ie. 1/6 articulated figure or 1/4 statue. One that sticks out as an exception is the Star Wars line. For instance, Sideshow and Hot Toys both produce 1/6 figures.

True but there is almost always some sort of time frame of that license agreement. For example HT may have bought the rights to the Predator line securing 1/6 figures to them exclusively. But this license may be soon to expire (perhaps a 10 or 15 year agreement) and this may bring us a revisit to the line to milk it one last time prior to the license expiring. Hence all the 2.0 's (besides the originals needed much improvement).

Yeah i was wondering why enterbay suddenly stopped producing figures from movies which is a shame coz what they released was and still is great looking.

I'd say it was prolly licensing. HT has snapped up most of the current hot properties. And paying licensing fees on cult or older favorites might not be worth it if the demand isn't there.

They had The Dark Knight and T2 though. Outside of Marvel and Star Wars those are probably 2 of the next biggest movie licenses to have. There was more figures they could have made for those surely

Yea but all that stuff was quarterscale which...who really cares?

You can run through all the wish threads, and while several are great ideas for figures and ones I would like to see, but I don't think the sales numbers would justify the effort and payout for licensing.

November PO?

New sculpt pics?

They'll come when they're ready.

One thing I wonder about is the process behind making these models. The designs, rough models, the various steps taken in the work.

And I'm hoping that Chronicle 3DA is able/willing to answer this.

812f11c7c494639e02e40de3bb74cbe8.jpg

Looks like the eye surgery animatronic from T1.

Back