Chronicle Collectibles 1:6 Conan

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While I?m sure Chronicle will go away, they could possibly be trying to salvage unfinished work to some degree by trying to find companies to complete orders ect.

In their letter they did state they have final word on that in 30 days, so if maybe.....just maybe Sideshow isn?t pulling the plug just yet on everything.

While im really glad to atleast get my money back, im super bummed not to get my items I ordered. Can't even find an iron studios attacking raptor or hammond anywhere. The few I saw sold for quite a bit on ebay

While im really glad to atleast get my money back, im super bummed not to get my items I ordered. Can't even find an iron studios attacking raptor or hammond anywhere. The few I saw sold for quite a bit on ebay

It stings for many reasons really. It truly is unfortunate to see a company that has been around for a long time go under. It is also unfortunate that some of these great pieces collectors wanted won't see the light of day now. I was looking forward to the Grant Set and the Cryo Can particularly.

Given our experience with this, I will certainly think twice about ordering direct from certain companies. Anyone that charges up front for a long lead preorder is a risk. I almost would rather miss out on the exclusive items and just order from a safe place like BBTS and Sideshow.

It stings for many reasons really. It truly is unfortunate to see a company that has been around for a long time go under. It is also unfortunate that some of these great pieces collectors wanted won't see the light of day now. I was looking forward to the Grant Set and the Cryo Can particularly.

Given our experience with this, I will certainly think twice about ordering direct from certain companies. Anyone that charges up front for a long lead preorder is a risk. I almost would rather miss out on the exclusive items and just order from a safe place like BBTS and Sideshow.

Like you mentioned, I learned a lesson on paying up front on products with such a long lead preorder.

A lot of companies make it more enticing to pay up front with discounts or EX items, the latter was the main reason I ordered direct from CC. In the future, I will try to stick to orders that only require a deposit or like you said a safer retailer/distributor.

I was also looking forward to and got a refund on the exact same JP items you bought. not sure if anyone will take on the mantle, especially for such a unique item like the Barbasol Cryocan.

I was really hoping for a 1:6 scale Ellie and Ian Malcom figure too. One of the podcasts (hottoyscast?) had a CC guest on about a year ago and he mentioned there was a possibility if the Dr. Grant and Raptor did well - not going to happen now. [emoji22]

I wanted that Conan from Chronicle. Well, I will continue working on mine.

WIP 202102.JPG

More pics
https://www.instagram.com/p/CLoDZ4KgWA4/

Beautiful lineup, Kam - May we see some photos of the "warpaint" Conan?

I wanted that Conan from Chronicle. Well, I will continue working on mine.

View attachment 506932

More pics
https://www.instagram.com/p/CLoDZ4KgWA4/

It's a damn shame about the CC Conan. It was a real bummer to see that notice from BBTS. Does anyone know whether or not the Dr. Alan Grant/Velociraptor set is dead? I had paid a deposit for a PO with another online store but haven't heard back from them yet... :slap

Beautiful lineup, Kam - May we see some photos of the "warpaint" Conan?

Of course, here you are. I dont have many pics and I am thinking of changing that COmmando HT body to a Phicen.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bwo6ONSgGQC/

conan1.JPG

conan2.JPG

2014 - 2017 conan.jpg

It's a damn shame about the CC Conan. It was a real bummer to see that notice from BBTS. Does anyone know whether or not the Dr. Alan Grant/Velociraptor set is dead? I had paid a deposit for a PO with another online store but haven't heard back from them yet... :slap

It does not look good. Maybe they did not start production. Its a real shame. Hope other company buys the prototypes, it happens sometimes in the videogame industry...

He looks excellent, Kam! The Phicen M34 & M35 are great for "dynamic" poses and these bodies take paint well enough, at least in my experience. The Commando body you're using works well, especially because the varied black patterns draw the eye away from the shoulder seams.

Back