Chronicle Collectibles 1:6 Conan

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll wait for the warpaint version. I think that's a must buy.
This one looks decent, but with the price, and the unlicensed stuff available, it's hard to put real money to this. Oh well.

Kaustic, Mr Toys, Chronicle

comp.jpg

I'll wait for the warpaint version. I think that's a must buy.
This one looks decent, but with the price, and the unlicensed stuff available, it's hard to put real money to this. Oh well.

And that?s the problem with consumers now. It?s like when they come out with a super special edition Blu-ray and everyone waits to buy it until Black Friday sales. The studios don?t see sales at launch so they have a little incentive to keep doing things like this. If people don?t buy this version, there may not be at warpaint version.

And that?s the problem with consumers now. It?s like when they come out with a super special edition Blu-ray and everyone waits to buy it until Black Friday sales. The studios don?t see sales at launch so they have a little incentive to keep doing things like this. If people don?t buy this version, there may not be at warpaint version.

Then they should've put forth more effort here. I totally agree with what you're saying, it's been a problem with Hot Toys and non-Disney licenses for several years. But at the end of the day, I'm not dropping $250 on a crap product just for the chance to do it again. The problem lies with the company, both in their execution of the first release and in their inability to discern why folks may not be biting.

Then they should've put forth more effort here. I totally agree with what you're saying, it's been a problem with Hot Toys and non-Disney licenses for several years. But at the end of the day, I'm not dropping $250 on a crap product just for the chance to do it again. The problem lies with the company, both in their execution of the first release and in their inability to discern why folks may not be biting.

Agree 100%

I actually really like the look of this and that's including the slightly "toyetic" aesthetic.

Chronicle-Conan-Figure-016.jpg

Yes it's over-priced but still very tempting. I wonder how deep they'll go with this line beyond Conan himself.

And I would actually rather have the "last stand" version with the horned helmet and great-axe than war paint (which is still an awesome look in its own right.)

Kaustic, Mr Toys, Chronicle

View attachment 470391

I have the Kaustic and I love it. Mr. Toy is a rip off of Kaustic and HT. Didn't bother with it since I have the original KP outfit. The CC is the clear winner here. I have gotten used to TBLeague bodies but this plastic one is quite nice. It has the correct shape and color (for the most part) and sort of captures the smooth skin look that Arnie had in the movie. The facial structure and overall look is the best we have seen.

It's not the paint. I painted it. It's the resin base. It's a little too translucent to start with, so the paint technique I use ends up looking like little more than a tint. I'm hoping they adjust it in production.

The full reveal photos aren’t helping this at all. I like the pants, and the Father sword is a nice addition — but most of this doesn’t work altogether. Too much for what it is.

I think this looks great overall. Love this look with the pants. The boots look amazing, as do the weapons. I DO think the skin looks a little too translucent. I like the concept, but it's a bit much, at least with the lighting used here. I'm very happy it's not a seamless body too. I want to put him in some really cool sword wielding poses.

The contrast between the skin texture on his face and the smooth body bothers me.
Also, the neck is too long. Torso is undersized.
Pass for me.

Hot much is accurate.
weapons are a 3D scan of the chinese knock off.
pant "ribbons" should be stitched on the edges with folded over fabric

Quote on website is incorrect.
What an embarrassment.
Not sure about "Battle" but Crom sure is pleased by Valor.
He would be pissed by this release.
Screenshot_20191108-131306_Chrome.jpg

So, $250 + $25 for shipping. $275 total. And looks like you pay in full now for "Estimated to ship Q4 2020".

That's crazy. As much as I hope the final product looks good, I can't swallow that as much as I'd like to have the Father Sword Chronicle Exclusive. Even if it is limited to 500. Doesn't even say if either sword are metal or plastic.

Most likely this will be able to be purchased for under $200 over a year from now if sales don't turn out too well due to the end product lacking in quality. The limited cool broken Father sword is not worth $75..

The limited Father's sword is a flat blade with no fuller and lacking some blade engraving details.
The Atlantean sword is also wrong and based of the knock off.
here are some ohotos Chronicle should look at.
C8CWPN.jpgmrolympia.no1-1530606388280.jpg20191108_150222.jpgAF3_2_l.jpgcf4.jpg

It's not the paint. I painted it. It's the resin base. It's a little too translucent to start with, so the paint technique I use ends up looking like little more than a tint. I'm hoping they adjust it in production.

Had no idea you painted it SS. I just caught some other shots and the eyes look much better from the front, so must have been a bad angle on the side photos I initially saw. Agree that skin is way too waxy! Must have been a bit frustrating to paint on that.

Have to admit this is the best looking Conan figure I've seen despite the radiating skin material they are using :D

Back