Chronicle Collectibles 1:6 Conan

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I mean one person guessed it would be $300, we're not actually sure. Doubt I'd pay even $260 for this though. The skin looks way too translucent and toyish.

Dr Grant is $230.00 I would expect this to be about the same.

$230 would be reasonable. I have the most recent Kaustic set on an m35 body and really like it but I am curious as to what this will ultimately look like. Conan the Barbarian is one of my favorite movies so I would gladly get another Conan if well done.

$230 would be reasonable. I have the most recent Kaustic set on an m35 body and really like it but I am curious as to what this will ultimately look like. Conan the Barbarian is one of my favorite movies so I would gladly get another Conan if well done.

Same. I would turn the Kaustic plastik one into a "what is best in life " version.

New photo.
They are using the Chinese knockoff swords as reference and I do not like that. The Atlantean blade is ground all wrong, too thin and the langets are too flared out.
The Fathers sword is missing a wide fuller down the blade and as well as additional blade details as well as the fittings being copied from the Marto and knockoff instead of the Albion Filmswords version
chroniclecollectibles-1573166063689.jpg

Fantastic sculpt from Trevor, though what's with the eye paint? Irises are tiny like little dots!? It's a shame it's just another naked chest version in pants and not his theif outfit which is much more interesting. I've never seen an accurate 1/6 atlantean sword as of yet though this looks the best out of a bad bunch.

Chronicle-Conan-Figure-003.jpg

I think this made me wince a little. Should I be grateful that I might save money? Somebody sell me on this quick! :gah:

(After further pondering, I think it's the headsculpt. I don't mind the body or clothing at all - it just doesn't quite mesh with the head. And $250.00 is pushing it up there...)

View attachment 470369

I think this made me wince a little. Should I be grateful that I might save money? Somebody sell me on this quick! :gah:

(After further pondering, I think it's the headsculpt. I don't mind the body or clothing at all - it just doesn't quite mesh with the head. And $250.00 is pushing it up there...)

Ugh... Something about the paint makes it look off. Lack of wash, no highlighted detail or color. It looks more like an actual flesh toned doll or plastic action figure. Very disappointing. :(

Woof. That looks bad(although the head itself is great). May have to jump back in the custom section for my Thulsa Doom...sigh.

Ugh... Something about the paint makes it look off. Lack of wash, no highlighted detail or color. It looks more like an actual flesh toned doll or plastic action figure. Very disappointing. :(

20191108_091700-01.jpeg

The head looks good, the body looks good and the outfit looks good....................but they just don't look good when put together.:slap:lol

That's it exactly. Which sucks because it's a piece of art, really. Whether or not it's completely realistic or slightly stylized, the individual components should work together and produce an aesthetically-pleasing result. Unfortunately, this doesn't quite get there. The contrast between the head and body just throws the whole thing off.

* And #Brian - that cracked me up. :lol

Yeah... something doesn't look quite right...
Well, it's the first couple of pics, I'll wait to see in hand photos of this.

Last edited:
Yeah, face sculpt looks good as does clothes, But paint, body and accessories look poor. No way this is $250. $150 - $180 tops. And rare when the final product comes out looking better than the prototype. Oh well. My wait for a Conan will continue.

Chronicle-Conan-Figure-016.jpg

Chronicle-Conan-Figure-011.jpg

Easy pass at $250. Would rather get the Mr Toys set an TBLeague M35 muscle body. And save close to a $100..

Back