Christopher Nolan's Dunkirk

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What's with the funny helmets? Who are those guys? They're not the Germans or Japanese. I'm confused.

The Germans let the Brits leave...They could have killed them all...fact...looks interesting though...just hope that part of it is reflected in the film

Yeah, looks very interesting.
It's one of the mysteries of Hitler's thought processes that he let about 300.000 enemy soldiers flee. He wasn't exactly a humanitarian.

I just hope this movie is something special and I mean special. Nolan is a great filmmaker but I think the choice he made doing this is questionable....after looking at all the flms he has done up to now(yeah I wanted him to do Akira but maybe next...)

Yeah, looks very interesting.
It's one of the mysteries of Hitler's thought processes that he let about 300.000 enemy soldiers flee. He wasn't exactly a humanitarian.

It was a consolidation move that Hitler rubber-stamped. It wasn't his personal strategic decision, and the reasoning was sound.

It was a consolidation move that Hitler rubber-stamped. It wasn't his personal strategic decision, and the reasoning was sound.

Hitler did have more respect for the British than most any other group in 1940...it is debatable but if he wiped them all at dunkirk it could have changed things...Those were Britain's finest men at the time...they survived and were invaluable in helping Britain as well as the allies afterwards

Hitler did have more respect for the British than most any other group in 1940...it is debatable but if he wiped them all at dunkirk it could have changed things...Those were Britain's finest men at the time...they survived and were invaluable in helping Britain as well as the allies afterwards

He acted on the advice of his field marshals and decided that the risk of a break-out was more significant than the risk of an evacuation. It was widely speculated that Britain was on the brink of surrender - it's possible that Hitler thought they were already on the ropes and not worth a decisive strike.

He acted on the advice of his field marshals and decided that the risk of a break-out was more significant than the risk of an evacuation. It was widely speculated that Britain was on the brink of surrender - it's possible that Hitler thought they were already on the ropes and not worth a decisive strike.
If it was any other nation I think it would have had a different scenario IMHO, but yes many thought Britain was close to surrender

Back