Untitled Star Trek film (June 9, 2023)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Prime Clone

Super Freak
Reaction score
JunYROB4

Literally no info other than release date. No word on whether it's set in the Kelvin or Prime timeline, or if Tarantino is involved: https://intl.startrek.com/news/paramount-studios-announces-new-star-trek-movie-release-date

Star Trek hasn't put out anything that I consider canon since Voyager - yeah not even Enterprise makes the cut for me.

I recently finished Discovery and I've gone back to watch Voyager for the feels....BBC2 at 6pm on a Sunday! Great times.

Yeah things started to go downhill with ENT - though the Abramsverse was a novel concept at least.

Just couldn't accept Enterprise as a prequel to TOS - especially after DS9 had directly reaffirmed TOS as it really looked in that time travel episode with the Tribbles. Do I blame them for modernizing things up with ENT? No....but maybe they just shouldn't have gone back to that era anyway.

I also had ST fatigue at that time like a lot of people and just couldn't get on board with yet another Federation Starship-based show. And the theme song sucked...and still makes me cringe to this day.

I recently finished Discovery and I've gone back to watch Voyager for the feels....BBC2 at 6pm on a Sunday! Great times.

Voyager has some duds and really did over-rely on the Borg and time travel in its later seasons but generally was still entertaining and had some good characters. Janeway, Seven, Tuvok, the Doctor. I also like Chakotay although Robert Beltran was notoriously dissatisfied playing him.

Star Trek and Star Wars, IMO are dead narratively. People of course want more, but the cupboard is dry of continuity and the sense of the same universe. It is just let this new band of writers/execs take a shot at it and keep the IP relevant. All you have to do is look at the latest trilogy of both franchises, both garbage and lost sight of what the spirit of the franchises really were. Until you get someone in charge that understands and appreciates the franchise like Feige, it will never be celebrated like they used to be.

I would be ok with more of the Kelvin timeline, the actors all did good jobs in their roles, it's the stories that are a bit lacking.

Back