Premium Format Christian Bale Batman Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can always do the eBay thing. Eventually most will show up at a reasonable price. The so called grail days are pretty much over with a few exceptions here and there. Not much goes up in value anymore other than the older pieces. I've been able to pick up some older pieces at lower prices too. Just gotta wait for the right deal.

Great advice. With newer figures on the secondary market, your lucky enough to break even. You better make sure you want the figure, because you will probably lose money if you decide you don't really want it. You really need both of these to go together. To me, one without the other would seem incomplete.

You can always do the eBay thing. Eventually most will show up at a reasonable price. The so called grail days are pretty much over with a few exceptions here and there. Not much goes up in value anymore other than the older pieces. I've been able to pick up some older pieces at lower prices too. Just gotta wait for the right deal.

Really? Even with MISB EX ones? I have never came across anyone on ebay selling those for less than retail. They are always above retail every time I go on there, which is why I pass on them.

:lol

1. I think we have both said our peace on this and while I like having these discussions with you, talking about the Joker here is getting off topic. So for now I think we will just have to agree to disagree. :)[/B]

2. Wow you actually bought a figure? I thought you were only a statue collector.

3. Why? What benefit does that have over the light up feature? :confused:

1. Yes I agree... Lets talk Bats :)

2. I thought I would give it a try... I was very curious about it... It was nice but lacked something.. I even had a very good pose so he looked very natural and not like a doll... The base did not help... I liked it but I just did not love it... The face expressions were cool and very well painted.

3. Painted eyes can be displayed all the time... Light up eyes need to be turned on otherwise they look like unlit plastic... Just like the HT. It only looks good when turned on.

Think I am going to order this Bats later today... about 90% sure... Just so many cool things on order already.

Anyone know what is best to display PFs in? My shelves I have are geared towards 1/6th and lower scales, no PFs will fit. Would really like a display option that can fit both this and the future PF Joker, these need to be displayed together.

Anyone know what is best to display PFs in? My shelves I have are geared towards 1/6th and lower scales, no PFs will fit. Would really like a display option that can fit both this and the future PF Joker, these need to be displayed together.
Ikea's Besta. Period.

Really? Even with MISB EX ones? I have never came across anyone on ebay selling those for less than retail. They are always above retail every time I go on there, which is why I pass on them.

Yes really. I am aware the BIN sellers trying to flip ask prices that are high and generally those auctions end with no one buying. Wait for an auction and you can pick up pieces at a decent price unless it's a piece in high demand. I'm not saying you'll pick up a $500 PF for $175, but 400 is possible.

Ikea PAX. More room and even fits PF's ofa larger height. More depth and you can fit more than 2pfs per shelf.
What about individual glass display cases? I already have shelving units, but they are not enclosed. My 1st PF is the Jason and I may very well order this down the line, but need to wait and save for the Freddy one first. The wait to get these is going to be killer, it takes too long.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

What about individual glass display cases? I already have shelving units, but they are not enclosed. My 1st PF is the Jason and I may very well order this down the line, but need to wait and save for the Freddy one first. The wait to get these is going to be killer, it takes too long.

Individual glass or acylic displays can get very pricey but they do look good.

True that. I have two custom acrylic cases that I bought for my first two HT figures, and the combined cost would have paid for a good chunk of my Billy display with doors, glass shelves, and dioders.... if only I'd known better when I stared collecting.

I just don't have the room for another shelving unit and want to keep them as protected and dust-free as possible. Plus I really like how nice they make a piece look. I won't be collecting many either, my list is only at Jason, Freddy and most likely Bale Bats.... Which is another reason a while display unit would be too much. So just wondering the best option that balances quality and cost... Thanks for any help

I just don't have the room for another shelving unit and want to keep them as protected and dust-free as possible. Plus I really like how nice they make a piece look. I won't be collecting many either, my list is only at Jason, Freddy and most likely Bale Bats.... Which is another reason a while display unit would be too much. So just wondering the best option that balances quality and cost... Thanks for any help

Haha, those are your first PFs? Well leave that open then. Their kind if like crack, just one and you're hooked.

But in any case you should checkout the show your shelves thread. Lots of good ideas there.

Haha, those are your first PFs? Well leave that open then. Their kind if like crack, just one and you're hooked.

But in any case you should checkout the show your shelves thread. Lots of good ideas there.
Ok great, thanks. I'll definitely have to scope that out. Yeah I guess I'm a bit late to the game, but I have held off for years and Jason is finally the right one to kick it off for me. I was not in the position to buy one when the first one was released. And I hope Freddy looks awesome too. The suit on this one is gorgeous, but I'm waiting because I don't care if I have the exclusive for this one like I NEED the one for Jason. I'm so excited.

Ok great, thanks. I'll definitely have to scope that out. Yeah I guess I'm a bit late to the game, but I have held off for years and Jason is finally the right one to kick it off for me. I was not in the position to buy one when the first one was released. And I hope Freddy looks awesome too. The suit on this one is gorgeous, but I'm waiting because I don't care if I have the exclusive for this one like I NEED the one for Jason. I'm so excited.

I'm surprised you didn't order Pinhead. That one looks stellar as well.

1. Yes I agree... Lets talk Bats :)

2. I thought I would give it a try... I was very curious about it... It was nice but lacked something.. I even had a very good pose so he looked very natural and not like a doll... The base did not help... I liked it but I just did not love it... The face expressions were cool and very well painted.

Really? I think it looks just like a doll, it doesn't exactly have the right proportions and the suit looks so fake as it appears very plastic and rubbery. The plastic eyes on the Cowl head sculpt made it look like a toy, lucky the eyes are not noticeable from a distance.

3. Painted eyes can be displayed all the time... Light up eyes need to be turned on otherwise they look like unlit plastic... Just like the HT. It only looks good when turned on.

But if they don't look good turned off then wouldn't it just make sense to turn them on? Or do you want the sonar look 247?

Think I am going to order this Bats later today... about 90% sure... Just so many cool things on order already.

What else do you have on order if you don't mind me asking man? :)

Yes really. I am aware the BIN sellers trying to flip ask prices that are high and generally those auctions end with no one buying. Wait for an auction and you can pick up pieces at a decent price unless it's a piece in high demand. I'm not saying you'll pick up a $500 PF for $175, but 400 is possible.

That's good news, still I imagine it would be quite a challenge though.

I so regret not putting an NRD on that, I am betting I will have to pay through the nose to get the EX. :slap

I so regret not putting an NRD on that, I am betting I will have to pay through the nose to get the EX. :slap

You didn't jump on the waitlist? I wish you good luck sir, I imagine if you wait out some of the flippers, and I'm sure there will be a couple, you can probably score him little a above retail off ebay. Some tend to get desperate about 3 weeks after it ships and no one bites on the inflated prices.

You didn't jump on the waitlist?

Yeah I did but I think I jumped on there too late. :(

I wish you good luck sir, I imagine if you wait out some of the flippers, and I'm sure there will be a couple, you can probably score him little a above retail off ebay. Some tend to get desperate about 3 weeks after it ships and no one bites on the inflated prices.

That wouldn't be so bad.

BTW thanks for the info, I really appreciate it. :hi5:

It does look amazing, but I don't want to go crazy on buying these and Pinhead didn't rank as high for me as Jason or Freddy. I would bite the bullet on an amazing Myers or Leatherface PF though. The price of the things nowadays causes you to have to be picky. Plus I only want a few so they stand out..... Too many on display would less the impact and wow factor of them for me. I'm not trying to take away anything from some of these amazing collections people have, it's just not for me.

1. Really? I think it looks just like a doll, it doesn't exactly have the right proportions and the suit looks so fake as it appears very plastic and rubbery. The plastic eyes on the Cowl head sculpt made it look like a toy, lucky the eyes are not noticeable from a distance.

2. Dut if they don't look good turned off then wouldn't it just make sense to turn them on? Or do you want the sonar look 247?

3. What else do you have on order if you don't mind me asking man? :)

1. I thought if you got the right pose it looked like a statue... I thought the eyes looked good also...

Not the best pic but this was how I had him posed... Not very exciting :lol

P1230343_zpszsathjdo.jpg

2. Well if the Sonar eyes are not on you have that glass/plastic eye look.. Which IMO looks goofy. If I want the sonar head sculpt on then yes I want it to look that way 24 7. Otherwise I am switching heads all the time and clicking an on off switch. Just a waste of time IMO for what I see as a "novelty". Obviously we see it very differently. But If SSC was to switch it to light up I would not think the world was ending :) so I hope they switch it for you :)

3. PCS - American Werewolf in London. Green and Grey Hulk PF, Spider-man PF, Wolverine PF, Jason PF, possibly new Freddy PF when released, and Some JAWS related items,

Back