Chernabog Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is a tough one for me, he's my favorite "character" and I wasn't too sure about the paint job first but now I am on board. I may try and float this "maquette". Very cool indeed. So the exclusive is just the little demon guy, right?

Looks awesome! Hope someone can post some hi-res images.

The exclusive is fun, can't say its a must have... but have it ordered just to be safe. I'm actually glad the pieces isn't as massive as I thought it might be. Still don't know where it will go, but I'll have to find a place for it.

Cool that it comes with 2 heads... but I think I'll only ever use the pissed off looking one.

hope they can recreate the paint effects nearly as good as the proto on the prod piece.

That is my biggest concern.

Of course the paint apps on the proto look great, but how will that translate into final production? Going on Sideshow's prior track record with paint apps, I'm going to hold off ordering this one until I see in-hand pics later this year. For now though, I like it alot.

I know its not the same... but it seems that their diorama pieces from the WETA line and new LOTR series usually have very nice production paint. Especially on things like the Balrog (any version) or the Battle Above the Black Gate seem to be well done.

Seems where Sideshow has the most issue is painting human faces... which in this case won't be a factor.

Don't be deceived by the dimensions, Cherny's 'scale' is actually based on an 18-inch tall figure (1/4 scale human), so his proportions nearly match up with a typical PF human... The fact that his lower body is buried in the mountain and he's hunched over dramatically help to keep his overall height to a minimum. The piece has a good presence in person.

Thanks for the info Andy... are you able to share any WIP images? I love seeing the process behind pieces like this!

And also, thanks for the amazing job! This is one piece I've wanted for a very long time... really happy to see it turned out so kickass :bow

Thanks for the info Andy... are you able to share any WIP images? I love seeing the process behind pieces like this!

And also, thanks for the amazing job! This is one piece I've wanted for a very long time... really happy to see it turned out so kickass :bow

Thanks! Chernabog has always been extremely high on my sculpting wish-list so it was a great privilege to do this project for SSC. I can't find many early WIP shots but I have some of the finished raw sculpt. Not much here that wasn't already shown on the Inside Look video, but it's something.

chern%20close.jpg

Chernabog%201%20copy.jpg

Chernabog%202%20copy.jpg

Chernabog%204%20copy.jpg

imp%204.jpg

Looks fantastic Andy, well done! :rock

And I have a question, which head do you prefer? I didn't even realise there were two heads until after i'd ordered it :lol

Looks fantastic Andy, well done! :rock

And I have a question, which head do you prefer? I didn't even realise there were two heads until after i'd ordered it :lol

In case the question was for everyone (and on Andy) I prefer the angry look... that sticks more in my mind of how I remember the character. But so cool that he comes with both.

And after seeing Andy's sculpt I like the minion even more now :rock

In case the question was for everyone (and on Andy) I prefer the angry look... that sticks more in my mind of how I remember the character. But so cool that he comes with both.

And after seeing Andy's sculpt I like the minion even more now :rock

Yeah it was for anyone (and Andy). I'm quite partial to the smiling sculpt, can't really say why :dunno

And I ordered the ex, but didn't think the minion looked like much until I saw the close up above. A very cool extra :rock

Back