Chernabog Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Amazing piece!

But I don't know how that is a Premium Format. The light up eyes would make this perfect but I don't believe I will get it. I have too many things I want....

However, I've changed my mind before... :naughty

Great piece! Dunno what makes it a PF? Seems like a reg statue to me. I don't really like that the PF tag is becoming more of a blanket coverall description.

I wish the video had some regular lighting shots as to better judge the paint apps Tom was digging on, but those pics will come eventually.

It's a PF because Sideshow only has the license for premium format from Disney.

And the more I think about it, the more I'm cool with the paint simulating the lighting effects rather than actually having lights. It has more of an animated feel that way and better simulates how the character looked in the film.

I like the sculpt, I like the fact it is PF, I like that SS is going to do some paint apps to make it "look" lit up.

I still think the eyes should either light up OR glow from the effects of iridescent paint app.

I'm in for this one.

Really awesome looking piece... I'm not 100% sold on the pose. But the sculpt, paint work and deatils on base are just awesome!

Chernabog has always been one of my favorites; not sure where he'll go but I really think this is a "must have" for the collection :rock

I like it, but the fact that Sideshow is relying on the paint apps to give the desired shading and lighting worries me. The prototype I'm sure will look great, but how will that translate into the final product? If the paint apps are a miss, then the piece won't work.

Does anyone here own the WDCC Chernabog? I thought it was funny, that Sideshows Chernabog will be half the price and twice the size of that version.:lol

Anyone who does own the WDCC Chernabog, will you be purchasing this one aswell? I'd love to see a size comparison.:D

I think this will have a small ES like the Evil Queen and that should make it esier for Sideshow to keep a tight grip on the paint apps. The Dinosauria pieces have all been beautiful, which may or may not be due to the ES so it is speculation on my part.

Does anyone here own the WDCC Chernabog? I thought it was funny, that Sideshows Chernabog will be half the price and twice the size of that version.:lol

Anyone who does own the WDCC Chernabog, will you be purchasing this one aswell? I'd love to see a size comparison.:D

I have both of the WDCC Chernabogs. The first was for the 1997Disneyana Convention and the second was a later limited edition of 1000 availble at dealers. They are both gorgeous porcelain figurines. The new Sideshow version will be a polystone statue. They are really different kinds of collectibles. Fine porcelain and polystone are different and you can't just compare them on size alone. I'll be getting the new Sideshow Cherny and I'll take some photos of the three together when the Sideshow PF comes out. The pricing on porcelain and polystone is different so the twice the size for half the price comparison is like comparing apples and oranges.

True it is apples and oranges, but if you like the taste of both equally then a large apple for less than a small orange makes the apple better.

True it is apples and oranges, but if you like the taste of both equally then a large apple for less than a small orange makes the apple better.

true, but its better to have both the large apple and the small orange

I have both of the WDCC Chernabogs. The first was for the 1997Disneyana Convention and the second was a later limited edition of 1000 availble at dealers. They are both gorgeous porcelain figurines. The new Sideshow version will be a polystone statue. They are really different kinds of collectibles. Fine porcelain and polystone are different and you can't just compare them on size alone. I'll be getting the new Sideshow Cherny and I'll take some photos of the three together when the Sideshow PF comes out. The pricing on porcelain and polystone is different so the twice the size for half the price comparison is like comparing apples and oranges.

Believe me, I know they are totally different collectibles. I just remember back when I first came upon the WDCC line, I thought the prices were outrageous. :horrorThen I went and did my research and now understand the reason for their pricing. :D

There are many pieces from the WDCC line I would love to collect. The Sleeping Beauty diorama from the Signature Series is #1 on the list.

chernabog.jpg

So they did call it a maquette... I wonder what the price will be. It makes me sad I won't be ordering him, its gonna be an awesome piece.

So they did call it a maquette... I wonder what the price will be. It makes me sad I won't be ordering him, its gonna be an awesome piece.

And I wonder how big it will be, if it will be PF size, or smaller. Looking forward to seeing the full reveal, but I'll order based on look, size and price.

Personally I would want it to be 1/4 scale. I suspect it will be.

my understanding is that 1/4 scale means 25% of actual size so a 6 foot tall man, 72 inches in 1/4 scale would be 18 inches tall.

So Chernabog who comes out of a huge mountain, let's say the mountain is 10,000 feet tall, at 1/4 scale would have to be 2,500 feet tall. That would be a very expensive statue and I don't know where any of us could put a quarter scale mountain.

Only kidding, I know you meant "the size of typical 1/4 scale statues" which is about 18 inches tall.

I want it to be bigger than that. The rest of the Disney PF statues will be 1/4 scale or about 18 inches tall so Cherny has to be bigger than that. He needs to tower over the Evil Queen and Maleficient.

I think he needs to be about 24 inches tall.

Last edited:
Back