[CGL Toys] X-Men: Young Magneto 1/6 scale

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
..or Figuremasters. I think it's great for collectors/fans of the X-men that we have 3 companies making these figures lots of choice, lots of characters.
At least four. Soosoo Toys just anounced their "Speedsilver".
14183711.jpg

And there is also a DOFP "weather manipulator" from Five Star upcoming, but I don't like the cheap look of the sculpt, although the costume is not that bad. (But I don't like DOFP Storm in general, even if it was the only Storm we would get, which would be a pity.)

At least four. Soosoo Toys just anounced their "Speedsilver".
View attachment 293560

And there is also a DOFP "weather manipulator" from Five Star upcoming, but I don't like the cheap look of the sculpt, although the costume is not that bad. (But I don't like DOFP Storm in general, even if it was the only Storm we would get, which would be a pity.)

Speedsilver has been announced some time ago. There is even a thread on him.

I guess I would keep both, since I like the toned down color scheme of Toys Era DOFP version and how good his costume, especially the armor integrates itself in my Marvel Hot Toys collection. But the CGL sculpt would surely be nice. Maybe you can even combine them? (I think one problem with the Toys Era helmet is actually that the head itself is to big, whereas the CGL sculpt is pretty slim.)
But if they really should make DOFP Magneto than I'm curious if he will be better than Toys Era But since they are apparently incontact with Toys Era from time to time I'd rather bet on Apocalypse version.

But at the moment I am looking forward for Xavier since Magneto is apparently still in his early steps.:)

Anymore updates on this one?

I've been considering the Xavier since he has an XFC look, but I don't want him without a matching Erik.

Completely forgot about this. I guess it looks ok, but he doesn't look 'young' there.

Hmmm, it's definitely not the same sculpt that was shown at the beginning of this thread, which actually is a young looking Fassbender.

The “young” on the title is because it’s Fassbender and not Mckellen (the old Magneto)...

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

The “young” on the title is because it’s Fassbender and not Mckellen (the old Magneto)...

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk
Yes I was aware of that which is why I put young in quotes. It stills needs to look like a young Fassbender though, which that sculpt does not.

I had given up hope on this ever coming out, so I'm glad to see an update. The paint work isn't helping, but I can see bits and pieces of the old head sculpt (the stubble's all new though). If this does ever release, I'd be curious to see what movie they base the final look on (though the stubble suggests Apocalypse). I don't like how the Toys Era 2.0 turned out, so I'd upgrade in a heartbeat if it's an improvement over that figure. I'm still hoping they do the same as with the McAvoy Xavier figure and include a FC-era head sculpt.

I like it. It seems to have a bit of a haggard look or something. He just looks drained, but that's not a negative in my opinion. CGL has definitely done better with their sculpts of late.

Back