Premium Format Catwoman (Batman Returns)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Exactly my plan. I already have Classic Catwoman ...now just have to get this one.

And this is one exception I made to my rule of collecting only comic based statues.

It's ok, even though she is from a movie, the movie itself is a piece of history when ideas were still kind of original. Back then if you said Oh that movie was rebooted , you would get a reply like this :huh

I'm glad you all like this but I must be missing something...I just don't see all the excitement over this.
I'm much more interested in the Julie Newmar version. Am I the only one?

I'm there with you. This is my favorite character and my favorite portrayal of that character - and I just can't bring myself to do it.

I just can't get past the pose, the backwards holding of the whip (my guess is, if another character - male - were holding their weapon backwards, folks would care more LOL), and the poor face sculpt.

The Tweeterhead is awesome, I can't stop looking at it because it's so perrrrrfect. I would do anything to fall in love with this one, too - but it just has so many inherent flaws (the pose is simply atrocious and non-film) even though this should be among my very most holy grail collectables.

The debate is pointless. It's really a period piece. I grew up with MP, not JN. So for me, it's MP all day. I was just with my nephews and they like Anne Hathaway over MP. They are 14 years old. That's what they grew up with for live action.

I'm sure this will happen for those that Cavill, Affleck, or Gadot are their definitives over older actors.

Some won't be fans because they've had a thing for Newmar much earlier. I don't mean it also as a sense of age, but rather exposure. If I saw JN before MP, I'd be singing a different song

The debate is pointless. It's really a period piece. I grew up with MP, not JN. So for me, it's MP all day. I was just with my nephews and they like Anne Hathaway over MP. They are 14 years old. That's what they grew up with for live action.

I'm sure this will happen for those that Cavill, Affleck, or Gadot are their definitives over older actors.

Some won't be fans because they've had a thing for Newmar much earlier. I don't mean it also as a sense of age, but rather exposure. If I saw JN before MP, I'd be singing a different song

:goodpost:

The pose being "flawed" is a matter of opinion. It works for me and that's what's important, so this will be mine. It's the other way around with the Keaton 1989 PF. I wanted a Keaton PF but I didn't like the pose so I didn't buy it and moved on :)

I grew up right in between The '66 Batman show and Keaton Batman, so I got to see the reruns on tv and Keaton in the theater.

I have the Black suit EX

The Black suite version is definitely nice having a younger face than the purple suite version, but there is something the purple suite does to attract me to the entire body sculpt more than the Black suite.

As for the new movie version yes she has a black suite but I like the idea of a Michele Pfeiffer head sculp.

I don't feel there is a wrong answer here. All of the Cat Woman released up to this point have each had thier own merits.

The Black suite version is definitely nice having a younger face than the purple suite version, but there is something the purple suite does to attract me to the entire body sculpt more than the Black suite.

As for the new movie version yes she has a black suite but I like the idea of a Michele Pfeiffer head sculp.

I don't feel there is a wrong answer here. All of the Cat Woman released up to this point have each had thier own merits.

It's because she's fully sculpted. The finer details add to her appeal.

I grew up right in between The '66 Batman show and Keaton Batman, so I got to see the reruns on tv and Keaton in the theater.

Same here. Great decades to grow up in! Are you getting West and Newmar 66 premium formats? Day 1 preorder for me.

I ordered it too, finally, a Returns Catwomna item that is ultra high quality, happy to take this since HT will never do a 1/6th.

Im in denial that I like this, only because I don't do movie likeness statues. But as a Catwoman in general terms, this one just looks great, even better than the original.

I really like the Balent version but I cant get past that odd face sculpt.

I may PO this, but honestly I don't need 2 CW's, especially 2 in black latex.

Last edited:
I'm not into movie-based statues either, but this looks so good I had to get it. Even if I already have the classic Catwoman.

Back