Premium Format Catwoman (Batman Returns)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just received a charging notice from sideshow, glad that my catwoman is arriving soon!
but why does it said catwoman(actor likeness), instead of catwoman michelle pfeiffer
when i ordered it? is it indicate that sideshow didnt get the required license?
this is the first statue i ordered from sideshow, may be this is a silly question, any body
would know?

I think you're not the first to bring this up, this was also brought up in the BvS Batman thread if I'm not mistaken. Personally I won't make a big deal out of it. The copy on the order page says it all, that it's based on a specific actor and for sure they got the rights for it. These notifications they sent out en masse might be a generic template they use for every figure, quickly editing only the figure name and the date of charging.

just received a charging notice from sideshow, glad that my catwoman is arriving soon!
but why does it said catwoman(actor likeness), instead of catwoman michelle pfeiffer
this is the first statue i ordered from sideshow, may be this is a silly question, any body
would know?

View attachment 319746

I think you're not the first to bring this up, this was also brought up in the BvS Batman thread if I'm not mistaken. Personally I won't make a big deal out of it. The copy on the order page says it all, that it's based on a specific actor and for sure they got the rights for it. These notifications they sent out en masse might be a generic template they use for every figure, quickly editing only the figure name and the date of charging.

thanks for your clarification!

would know?

View attachment 319746

My goodness, that shipping charge is so much. Where are you if I may ask?

@2littlemoney - That's weird. I was surprised my BvS Batman got in early and when I asked, my local dealer said they got it from SSC's HK warehouse this time. Do you not have any Sideshow dealers in HK? This piece doesn't have an EX item anyway.

@2littlemoney - That's weird. I was surprised my BvS Batman got in early and when I asked, my local dealer said they got it from SSC's HK warehouse this time. Do you not have any Sideshow dealers in HK? This piece doesn't have an EX item anyway.

as i have said, i am not used to collect statues, i used to collect 1/6
action figures from hot toys. i am aware that hot toys accepts preorder
of sideshow products, but i havent pay too much attention on it.
not until 2 weeks ago did i noticed sideshow's got this stunning catwoman
statue, i consulted hot toys immediately but they said they were sold out.
i have asked another local sideshow dealer, but also out of stock.
the price is HKD 3500 if you order it from hot toys, now i have to pay several
hundred dollars more. but instead of pick it up myself, now the statue will be
delivered straight to my home.

as i have said, i am not used to collect statues, i used to collect 1/6
action figures from hot toys. i am aware that hot toys accepts preorder
of sideshow products, but i havent pay too much attention on it.
not until 2 weeks ago did i noticed sideshow's got this stunning catwoman
statue, i consulted hot toys immediately but they said they were sold out.
i have asked another local sideshow dealer, but also out of stock.
the price is HKD 3500 if you order it from hot toys, now i have to pay several
hundred dollars more. but instead of pick it up myself, now the statue will be
delivered straight to my home.

Oooh I wasn't aware that you posted about that before. Or maybe I just totally forgot. Well, I'm sure you totally wanted this piece because you wouldn't take the extra mile if you didn't, so I think it's all worth it.

EDIT: 3500 HKD sounds good. Does Hot Toys carry Sideshow Exclusives as well, just like Sideshow carries HT Exclusives for the Western market?

Oooh I wasn't aware that you posted about that before. Or maybe I just totally forgot. Well, I'm sure you totally wanted this piece because you wouldn't take the extra mile if you didn't, so I think it's all worth it.

EDIT: 3500 HKD sounds good. Does Hot Toys carry Sideshow Exclusives as well, just like Sideshow carries HT Exclusives for the Western market?

i'm not sure whether they sell sideshow exclusive items or not.

Oh yeah, you're a long way from Kansas. I guess since that's going to the other side of the planet I guess that $93 shipping doesn't sound too hard.

It begs the question, why does it cost $93 for SS to get a 1/4 scale statue from California to Hong Kong, but it costs $300+ to get an XM statue from that part of the world to California? Or is SS shipping directly from the factory to Hong Kong customers?

My order says processing but there's also a. It's that says my order is temporarily locked while we process your payment. What does bat mean?

My order says processing but there's also a. It's that says my order is temporarily locked while we process your payment. What does bat mean?

may be they encounted some problem when trying to make payment on your registered credit card, they would send you a email in this case.

they charged me NRD on 25/1. but on 31/1 they sent me another email which told me i need to
send them the identity and credit card verification form. which mean i need to send them photocopies
of my id card, credit card, credit card signature and address proof through email, otherwise the order
will be canceled!
this is the first time i place an order on sideshow, may i ask if this is the standard procedure for every
new customers? i got 2 statues from weta workshop ordered with the same credit card last month, but
they did not need any additional proof. i understand weta is a new zealand company, but is this a normal
practice for companies in the united states? because i feel quite uncomfortable sending so many personal
information through email to sideshow. i dont think their email system are designed, and supposed to handle
this kind of information.

they charged me NRD on 25/1. but on 31/1 they sent me another email which told me i need to
send them the identity and credit card verification form. which mean i need to send them photocopies
of my id card, credit card, credit card signature and address proof through email, otherwise the order
will be canceled!
this is the first time i place an order on sideshow, may i ask if this is the standard procedure for every
new customers? i got 2 statues from weta workshop ordered with the same credit card last month, but
they did not need any additional proof. i understand weta is a new zealand company, but is this a normal
practice for companies in the united states? because i feel quite uncomfortable sending so many personal
information through email to sideshow. i dont think their email system are designed, and supposed to handle
this kind of information.

Did you order online or by phone? I've always just ordered on their website and just had to enter my CC # and address, that's it... I don't know if it's different for overseas collectors though....

It always says that when they charge my card. It gets changed to shipped when it ships.

Ok cool I guess it confused me I thought she was already released until I noticed it still says Pre order. I thought she was supposed to be out by now

Back