Carnage Life Size Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was very excited about this as I always wanted the Carnage to complete My Spidey Based 1:1 line up..

I was SO dissaponted, it could have been awesome.. But the paint was horrid and flat plus it looked like a bad glue job conecting the bust on the base.. Quality isn't there as in the Venom..

I didn't pick it up but guarantee you this thing is light as a feather..

On a side note, how dare sideshow take the dirt cheap route on the Hulk 1:1.. That peice could have been pure awesomness.. Instead it was of offensive quality for the price asked and pretty much so just sucks.. (like the Carnage)

If you are lucky enough to own Venom and Thing those are the best the line has to offer.. Why couldnt they be consitant w/ that mark of quality?..

Lame Sideshow...

This piece is going to let alot of people down. SS imo is not as concerned with quality as they use to be. In a few more years they will be putting out pieces that are more comparable to childrens toys rather than actual collectibles. When that happens...im out. Actually its already starting to happen you could say. SS has QC issues with almost every line they carry. I dropped the dinosauria line and sold every piece I had because the quality kept getting wore and worse with every new piece I got. Almost EVERY Iron man collectible they have put out had major QC issues. The new IM maquette already has 2 forums packed with complaints about quality and craftsmanship of that statue. This carnage bust will be no different, infact im counting on it. Its got to the point almost where SS has gotten to big for their own good. In order to keep a company that size going they have to pump out statue after statue and line after line..even if it sacrafices quality. Believe me quality will only going down hill from here on and products will be made with cheaper and cheaper materials while prices increase. It will come to a point where people just.....stop collecting SS stuff. Its just a matter of time...

Chris

To be honest, that's the biggest reason why I'm getting it, in order to complete the set. That sucks to hear about the Hulk 1:1. I really had high hopes for that one, but from the sounds of it, it let a lot of people down. And Carnage sounds like it might just follow the same path. I know it won't come close to the Venom 1:1, just because I'm skeptical that ANY future 1:1 from the Marvel line will rival that one. The Carnage piece looks sharp and with the new comiquette in the works, I think it may act as a nice accenting piece as well. I took a few shots of the 1:1 Venom bust with the Venom comiquette and I thought they work well together.

Again, I definitely see your point though. My other issue is space. I already have quite a few pieces packed away, many of which SHOULD be displayed and aren't. If this doesn't "hang with the big boys," you can be it's going pack, just as you did with the Hulk 1:1. I just don't have the money or space in my collection for that sort of thing.

You and I are on the same page Chap. I will go ahead and keep the order. If it works as an accent piece, it stays, if it doesn't even make that level, out it goes.

To be honest I've lost respect for their quality. They used to be top dog, no more.

Bodie, I see your point. I am not there yet where you are, but I can easily see what you are saying. My hope is that some of the execs running the business begin collecting their own pieces they produce, and see from a COLLECTORS point of view, what they are doing.

To date, the ones I have been disappointed in are the Emma Frost PF, and the Hulk 1:1. Keep in mind I am mostly collecting superhero/villian stuff now, out of the other lines.

Carnage may be the third.

Thankfully, SS has done a ton way better stuff than the pieces mentioned here. I can see that part of the concern is this: Do these two pieces, Emma PF and Hulk 1:1, with possibly a third, Carnage 1:1, forecast what SS is going to be like with most of their new Marvel stuff? If it is ... :thud:

Who is top dog now? koto? lol

SS still produces the best items IMO...they just need to get back to basics

And that is part of the problem right now. Bowen still makes top quality stuff, but it is in a different market because a) they are 1/6 scale and mini busts only. Hard Hero is now out of the Marvel line ...

This piece is going to let alot of people down. SS imo is not as concerned with quality as they use to be. In a few more years they will be putting out pieces that are more comparable to childrens toys rather than actual collectibles. When that happens...im out. Actually its already starting to happen you could say. SS has QC issues with almost every line they carry. I dropped the dinosauria line and sold every piece I had because the quality kept getting wore and worse with every new piece I got. Almost EVERY Iron man collectible they have put out had major QC issues. The new IM maquette already has 2 forums packed with complaints about quality and craftsmanship of that statue. This carnage bust will be no different, infact im counting on it. Its got to the point almost where SS has gotten to big for their own good. In order to keep a company that size going they have to pump out statue after statue and line after line..even if it sacrafices quality. Believe me quality will only going down hill from here on and products will be made with cheaper and cheaper materials while prices increase. It will come to a point where people just.....stop collecting SS stuff. Its just a matter of time...

Chris

i disagree with some of your argument. Of course i was one of the many dissapointed with this bust, so i cancelled, but if you dont like this, i would say go for the LSB; the quality is outstanding, and you wouldnt be dissapointed. i agree that they have gotten too big in the fact that some of their product suffers for quality in the PAINT department, but if you look at how many pieces they release each year, only a small amount of them have issues and when they do have issues, its from the guys overseas painting these things.

I canceled this because I don't have any of the Spidey bust pieces although if I did this would be more tempting to me.

As for the HULK what about it did everyone not like, I have it on Flex but are the flaws fixable, don't care if it shouldn't of came that way from SSC if they can be fixed by me then I will be happy.

Of course there's nothing you can do about the weight, unless you want to smash it and it becomes weight less.

I canceled this because I don't have any of the Spidey bust pieces although if I did this would be more tempting to me.

As for the HULK what about it did everyone not like, I have it on Flex but are the flaws fixable, don't care if it shouldn't of came that way from SSC if they can be fixed by me then I will be happy.

Of course there's nothing you can do about the weight, unless you want to smash it and it becomes weight less.

I would poke a hole in it and fill it with jelly beans.

I was very excited about this as I always wanted the Carnage to complete My Spidey Based 1:1 line up..

I was SO dissaponted, it could have been awesome.. But the paint was horrid and flat plus it looked like a bad glue job conecting the bust on the base.. Quality isn't there as in the Venom..

On a side note, how dare sideshow take the dirt cheap route on the Hulk 1:1.. That peice could have been pure awesomness.. Instead it was of offensive quality for the price asked and pretty much so just sucks.. (like the Carnage)

If you are lucky enough to own Venom and Thing those are the best the line has to offer.. Why couldnt they be consitant w/ that mark of quality?..

Lame Sideshow...

Lame Sideshow...

Suns=Lotto

:lol:lol:lol Redballs...

Got this in the mail! It's a much better quality piece then what was displayed at Comic Con. I didn't cancel in hopes it would turn out fine, and it certainly didn't disappoint!

It is pretty light compared to other lifesize busts I own, but weight really doesn't matter as long as the sculpt is awesome, which it is!!

Great job Sideshow!!! Way to improve a product!!

Got this in the mail! It's a much better quality piece then what was displayed at Comic Con. I didn't cancel in hopes it would turn out fine, and it certainly didn't disappoint!

It is pretty light compared to other lifesize busts I own, but weight really doesn't matter as long as the sculpt is awesome, which it is!!

....prove it with pics please...
and get a shot how the head is attached to the base

someone at SF got it and said it blows to high waters with the paint app, so................u know the phrase

Lies....this thing is a piece of junk. Another hollow shell of over priced fail.

Chris

....prove it with pics please...
and get a shot how the head is attached to the base

I do believe the final product that was delivered to collectors was a much better piece then what everyone saw at Comic Con.

03.jpg

04.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

16.jpg

Back