Carnage Life Size Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it's the paint, it was fine in the SSC pics.

i didn't mind the SSC pics... i thought it was cool that they had their own interpretation of the character. in person however, the bust looks like it has been baking in the sun... faded... shrivelled...

i didn't mind the SSC pics... i thought it was cool that they had their own interpretation of the character. in person however, the bust looks like it has been baking in the sun... faded... shrivelled...

Man that blows

Yea that's what I was thinking as I watched the videos, I wonder if that's the tru production apps on that piece or maybe it was rushed.

i have never seen a retail piece that was more impressive than a production piece so i wouldn't count on it.

it did look like it was faded by the sun.. paint was flat and dead.

what I love most about the Venom bust is the realistic mouth.. its a trip, like it's "alive"

Carnages mouth looked fake, painted and flat.. dissapointing.. Also looked cheap and hollow, I bet you can hold it w/ your fingertips.

And whats up with the size of Thor's head?..

I know this is their own interpretation, but it does not look like the Carnage I know.

Carnage? I thought this was part of their new nature line.....

ferruginous_hawk_01tk.jpg

I got mine too ... but I have to say, I am seriously considering canceling it.

Why?

Because of my experience with the 1:1 Hulk bust. Before the bust arrived I was hoping it was like many other posts of other pieces: you know, the ones where many knock it down, then the piece arrives in hand, and everyone realizes it really is a great piece. Well with the Hulk one it was worse than the pre-posts about it. I sold it within two weeks I received it.

Now, I am looking at this piece and wondering: Do I want to go through a disappointing experience like with the Hulk? Am I trying to see past the neg posts on this and seeing potential? Or am I fooling myself like I did with the Hulk?

I got mine too ... but I have to say, I am seriously considering canceling it.

Why?

Because of my experience with the 1:1 Hulk bust. Before the bust arrived I was hoping it was like many other posts of other pieces: you know, the ones where many knock it down, then the piece arrives in hand, and everyone realizes it really is a great piece. Well with the Hulk one it was worse than the pre-posts about it. I sold it within two weeks I received it.

Now, I am looking at this piece and wondering: Do I want to go through a disappointing experience like with the Hulk? Am I trying to see past the neg posts on this and seeing potential? Or am I fooling myself like I did with the Hulk?

Good to know. I definitely see your point. The quality of the pieces then versus those now are significantly different IMO. I think I'm going to keep it just to complete the 1:1 Spider-Man line, BUT...who knows.

Well I was going to get this, saw it at the con and found it to be extremely dissapointing

its a BEEF JOB

save your money

Now here are two guys who have seen it, and have decided not to get it. Too boot Bodie was one of the original members who was posting at the beginning of this thread as an advocate of this piece. Then he saw it on comic con ... :gah:

Thanks gents for your opinions.

Good to know. I definitely see your point. The quality of the pieces then versus those now are significantly different IMO. I think I'm going to keep it just to complete the 1:1 Spider-Man line, BUT...who knows.

And Chap this is what I am thinking at this point. I no longer have high expectations with this piece, so the question now becomes do I get one to continue the set?

With the Hulk, I had the same notion. Then when I put it to display beside the Thing, I realized, why do I have this out here? It is literally just taking space of another piece I would actually like to look at. And the Hulk is one of my fav characters (ok Batman is my favorite, then others follow in the second favorite category :lol). At that point I was going to keep the Hulk so that I simply had the complete line of Marvel 1:1 busts. The Hulk piece was the one that broke that string. It was just that bad, and IMO, is not a piece that will be a sought after collectable. So for those IMO three reasons: not a high collectable, not a pleasure to display, and not representative of the Hulk, out it went.

So now I come to the same question as I did with the Hulk, but on a more macro level: Do I buy this to complete just the Spidey 1:1 line-up? I think I might ... and hope that it will display well with the others. If it is as bad as the hulk, then I guess I will be breaking that string too. Right now, from what I am seeing, it is not great, but it is not as bad as the Hulk.

thanks to everyone that has seen this and their opinions, im a large "cant say huge" Carnage fan but this one is kinda turnoff for me....money and tears saved lol

Now here are two guys who have seen it, and have decided not to get it. Too boot Bodie was one of the original members who was posting at the beginning of this thread as an advocate of this piece. Then he saw it on comic con ... :gah:

Thanks gents for your opinions.

And Chap this is what I am thinking at this point. I no longer have high expectations with this piece, so the question now becomes do I get one to continue the set?

With the Hulk, I had the same notion. Then when I put it to display beside the Thing, I realized, why do I have this out here? It is literally just taking space of another piece I would actually like to look at. And the Hulk is one of my fav characters (ok Batman is my favorite, then others follow in the second favorite category :lol). At that point I was going to keep the Hulk so that I simply had the complete line of Marvel 1:1 busts. The Hulk piece was the one that broke that string. It was just that bad, and IMO, is not a piece that will be a sought after collectable. So for those IMO three reasons: not a high collectable, not a pleasure to display, and not representative of the Hulk, out it went.

So now I come to the same question as I did with the Hulk, but on a more macro level: Do I buy this to complete just the Spidey 1:1 line-up? I think I might ... and hope that it will display well with the others. If it is as bad as the hulk, then I guess I will be breaking that string too. Right now, from what I am seeing, it is not great, but it is not as bad as the Hulk.

To be honest, that's the biggest reason why I'm getting it, in order to complete the set. That sucks to hear about the Hulk 1:1. I really had high hopes for that one, but from the sounds of it, it let a lot of people down. And Carnage sounds like it might just follow the same path. I know it won't come close to the Venom 1:1, just because I'm skeptical that ANY future 1:1 from the Marvel line will rival that one. The Carnage piece looks sharp and with the new comiquette in the works, I think it may act as a nice accenting piece as well. I took a few shots of the 1:1 Venom bust with the Venom comiquette and I thought they work well together.

Again, I definitely see your point though. My other issue is space. I already have quite a few pieces packed away, many of which SHOULD be displayed and aren't. If this doesn't "hang with the big boys," you can be it's going pack, just as you did with the Hulk 1:1. I just don't have the money or space in my collection for that sort of thing.

Back