Captain Rex!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think this is a matter of OT and OT/PT vs. EU despite the Clone Wars being official cannon.

That, and I think people are just bored with blue Clone Troopers, the last 3 Star Wars announcements were the 501st, SDCC Clone and now this. While I don't understand this need people seem to have that the newest announcement be something they're interested in or it sucks and is stupid, I can understand being bewildered by the semi lack of variety in the recent announcements. As you've pointed out, we've still yet to get ESB stuff, and we know of a couple creatures that would spice up the release mix compared to multiple troopers in a row.

looks bad ass to me. depends on the exclusive whether I'll preorder or not. I still haven't gotten around to ordering any of the sandtroopers or any of the PT clones yet. I'm simply too far behind on my collection (with most stuff available cheaper than retail) to pay full price on something, unless the accessory is kick ass.

Regarding the hologram exclusives, while it might match with Obi-Wan, I'd rather Rex have an Anakin hologram, it makes more sense. Obi-Wan spoke with the ARC troopers in the Tartakovsky series, and though Sideshow identifies his as Rex, I just treat it as an ARC Trooper, Cody makes more sense for Obi-Wan if the holo's going to be a named trooper.

That, and I think people are just bored with blue Clone Troopers, the last 3 Star Wars announcements were the 501st, SDCC Clone and now this. While I don't understand this need people seem to have that the newest announcement be something they're interested in or it sucks and is stupid, I can understand being bewildered by the semi lack of variety in the recent announcements. As you've pointed out, we've still yet to get ESB stuff, and we know of a couple creatures that would spice up the release mix compared to multiple troopers in a row.

Gotcha. For me I was about to buy the last 2 blue troopers but I decided to see if they would release a clone wars captain and I was right to hold out. While I would love to see some OT stuff, the clone wars(the 2d one) IMO is the best star wars related stuff I have encountered with the exception of KOTOR.

Regarding the hologram exclusives, while it might match with Obi-Wan, I'd rather Rex have an Anakin hologram, it makes more sense. Obi-Wan spoke with the ARC troopers in the Tartakovsky series, and though Sideshow identifies his as Rex, I just treat it as an ARC Trooper, Cody makes more sense for Obi-Wan if the holo's going to be a named trooper.

Oh...so rex isnt an Arc Trooper? Because the entire time I have been treating him as one of those, hahaha.

Oh...so rex isnt an Arc Trooper? Because the entire time I have been treating him as one of those, hahaha.

I'm not an expert, he might be, but just with a high rank and prominence in the series. I don't know, I don't follow that stuff to care, I know Rex is Anakin's squad leader in the 3D series and the guys in the original show were unnamed ARC Troopers.

I find it absolutely hilarious and typical of people here to be screaming for years about getting armored figures and even praise Sideshow for stating that 2010 will be the year for armored figures and then turn around and _____ when they see Sideshow granting the wish. :lol

This was the Ex I brought up last night with the guys while playing xbox. Makes sense as the perfect Ex besides the stand IMO. I'd take Anakin as well.

I find it absolutely hilarious and typical of people here to be screaming for years about getting armored figures and even praise Sideshow for stating that 2010 will be the year for armored figures and then turn around and _____ when they see Sideshow granting the wish. :lol

Some people are that way. I'm totally happy with the armored look of this year. :rock

Some people are that way. I'm totally happy with the armored look of this year. :rock

yup, I'll be at the front of the line for every kind of Trooper release. Besides the upcoming Emperor, I'm just troop building one trooper at a time. Don't really care much for any other humans/aliens in SW as far as 1/6th go

Well said and so true.
I am sure they will show some ESB love very soon.

yup, I'll be at the front of the line for every kind of Trooper release. Besides the upcoming Emperor, I'm just troop building one trooper at a time. Don't really care much for any other humans/aliens in SW as far as 1/6th go

I will be as well. I plan to get non armored stuff that does interest me but otherwise I'm just getting clones and other armored figs.

I read those post too but I am only into armoured or semi-armoured figures, period! Except if they ever come out with a very good Cad Bane. I hated it when friends or relatives come over and said I am playing with dolls.

So, any other clone variants SS wants to push out. I will get em all! I also hope they will improve on the hip ball joints and the calf armours.

There is also a CW red and white clone with a insignia on the chest. That will be a nice one if SS produce it.

I agree. That said, wish they would randomized it a little more and spread the clones over a 2 or 3 year period rather than so many in 1 year.

I agree. That said, wish they would randomized it a little more and spread the clones over a 2 or 3 year period rather than so many in 1 year.

I can see the logic behind people who say this, but even though it seems like it's getting overwhelming, there's still ALOT of different Clones out there and I think the pacing is just fine so that they can keep coming out with the Clones in a timely manner. On that note, I really don't know why SS can't keep a much more diverse release calender to make more people happy.

i think thats it -like clones love rex just want SOMETHING DIFFERENT!!!

To be fair though, they screamed for armor yes, but I'd wager a fair number weren't just thinking Storm/Sandtroopers and Clone Troopers, but thinking Vader, Boba Fett, Jango Fett, Snowtrooper, Biker Scout, armored characters that are a bit diverse in their appearance. I can understand finding the offering a bit boring, we've had paint variants of the standard AOTC and ROTS Clone Troopers, but no commanders until or unique troop armor designs until now, we've got 4 Stormtrooper based figures and we've got the Sandtroopers which are close enough to Stormtroopers to seem repetitive. I think it's the selection of armored characters more than it being armored characters that's getting to some people, throw a Boba or Dengar or someone here and there to add visual diversity and I think people wouldn't notice or be so bothered by the troopers.

To be fair though, they screamed for armor yes, but I'd wager a fair number weren't just thinking Storm/Sandtroopers and Clone Troopers, but thinking Vader, Boba Fett, Jango Fett, Snowtrooper, Biker Scout, armored characters that are a bit diverse in their appearance. I can understand finding the offering a bit boring, we've had paint variants of the standard AOTC and ROTS Clone Troopers, but no commanders until or unique troop armor designs until now, we've got 4 Stormtrooper based figures and we've got the Sandtroopers which are close enough to Stormtroopers to seem repetitive. I think it's the selection of armored characters more than it being armored characters that's getting to some people, throw a Boba or Dengar or someone here and there to add visual diversity and I think people wouldn't notice or be so bothered by the troopers.

:lecture

I'm not an "OT elitist" and I have no problem with the Clones, they look cool and I'm going to pick up a 501st trooper, but honestly I'd rather have some more variety. Where's the ESB characters? Where's the bounty hunters?

Its no secret we are going to see a full run of clone troopers and commanders before we see any more OT armies. Most are repaints and they already have the molds to reuse as much as they want which saves them R&D costs. Also the earlier Militiaries line sold kind of uneven so there are still plenty of Endor Rebel Soldiers for cheap.

I for one will buy the Rex as it is a cool character with a cool uniform but I would expect more like this before we see a Biker Scout or a Snowtrooper. Heck I bet we get a Galactic Marine before we get a Snowtrooper.

one thing to consider, any special "savings" on rehashes of clones may possibly be a valid reason why SSC feels they can afford to do stuff like Hammerhead and the Rebo band...maybe.

I'm sure it plays a factor, but I'd think spreading them out wouldn't hurt their ability to contribute those funds to the more one time items like Hammerhead and Gammy.

Back