Captain Rex!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree diversity is a key to all this. As far as the different types of armored figures go. That being said being a huge Clone fan I like having a chance to get so many of them.

Its a moot point really, Star Wars fans will always complain even when they get things they asked for, 'tis the circle of things. If we clammer for a Rancor and they do it they'll still be a laundry list of complaints from inaccuracies based on one single still frame to others complaining they wanted a Taun-Taun first. That dead horse is an aspect of conversation that has become very dry in these threads.

Its a moot point really, Star Wars fans will always complain even when they get things they asked for, 'tis the circle of things. If we clammer for a Rancor and they do it they'll still be a laundry list of complaints from inaccuracies based on one single still frame to others complaining they wanted a Taun-Taun first. That dead horse is an aspect of conversation that has become very dry in these threads.

Star Wars fans beat a dead horse? NEVER! :D

This is more than true. :lol

Good thing I have 2 versions of the films on DVD so I can step through in slow motion and catch even the slightest differences! Now where's my magnifying glass and color wheel... :rotfl

i am digging Rex and totally appreciative for the abundance of military we are seeing… with the Emperor and Cantina patrons on the horizon (not to mention the SDCC surprises), i would say things have never been more promising on the Star Wars front!

For all of those who are banking on some "ESB love" I think you are going to be disappointed. As it would be the best time of all to do some cool ESB figures, I think Sideshow missed the boat. The next few figures they have announced, none of which are considered ESB (Gami, Dooku, Hammerhead, Codi) I think they threw in a Yoda..but with thier timing..it will probably be some Clone Wars Yoda. Disappointing. And I thought Fett was supposed to be last years SDCC? Dont bank on seeing him either.

Regarding the hologram exclusives, while it might match with Obi-Wan, I'd rather Rex have an Anakin hologram, it makes more sense. Obi-Wan spoke with the ARC troopers in the Tartakovsky series, and though Sideshow identifies his as Rex, I just treat it as an ARC Trooper, Cody makes more sense for Obi-Wan if the holo's going to be a named trooper.

I actually agree. I never understood why they used Rex for Obi-Wan. Either way my bottom line is that I would like a clone with an Obi-Wan holo to complement my display. If it turns out to be Rex (and I do buy him) I'll pair him with Anakin so I think it'll look nice.

I actually agree. I never understood why they used Rex for Obi-Wan. Either way my bottom line is that I would like a clone with an Obi-Wan holo to complement my display. If it turns out to be Rex (and I do buy him) I'll pair him with Anakin so I think it'll look nice.

Although tempting, I'm still doing good holding off on getting the Anakin, as I was just gonna try to track down 2 of the SDCC Exclusives, but it doesn't look like the blue will match up in the pic. That won't stop me though:D
042910cprex02230410.jpg

ss10001701lrg.jpg

:confused: The lieutenant isn't 501st.

I know that, but they're blue and I'm not really that anaI of a SW fan that I need to be garrison specific or anything just to display them on my shelf:D I'll probably display them side by side starting with the Lt, then Rex, Cody, Utapau, and so on

I'm really psyched about this. First Star Wars and first Sideshow figure I will seriously consider buying since Asajj Ventress. I'm both a big fan of the ARC Troopers and more specifically Rex. I had no interest in the other clones, this is the one I have been waiting for.

I also wish he was even more cartoony, but am happy there's at least some cartoonyness to him.

Weren't the Phase 1 colors to indicate rank, not batallion?

Something that's been rather blurred since The Clone Wars started airing. Maybe originally, but it looks like shortly after the battle on Geonosis they're all color coated as we see in the series since the helmets are still those of the Phase 1.

Something that's been rather blurred since The Clone Wars started airing. Maybe originally, but it looks like shortly after the battle on Geonosis they're all color coated as we see in the series.

In a way it does make some sense, the original army was just built, the Geonosians had no idea the troops would be split up. While I don't think it necessary to have each squad differently decalled, for the sake of shows and movies it sort of helps and can make sense.

Main reason I bring it up, is that I don't feel like the AOTC Clone has any ties to the 501st, it being any sort of blue was for a whole different reason than the 501st being blue.

In a way it does make some sense, the original army was just built, the Geonosians had no idea the troops would be split up. While I don't think it necessary to have each squad differently decalled, for the sake of shows and movies it sort of helps and can make sense.

Main reason I bring it up, is that I don't feel like the AOTC Clone has any ties to the 501st, it being any sort of blue was for a whole different reason than the 501st being blue.

Color-wise, you're absolutely correct in that. It's also odd that they reverted back after ROTS, with everyone else going to the white suits while the Stormtrooper Commanders re-donning the blue (although it's closer to 501st blue than the Lieutenant blue of the Phase 1). Maybe someone will put on their geek cap and let us know how the blue came about with the 501st.

Back