Captain Antilles is the next 12" Star Wars figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why didn't they just release him as the Rebel Trooper???

Both of these will sit around as give aways for the next couple of years.

I'll be buying it. I'm really pleased to see this and the Fleet Trooper, much more so than the Endor guys. I just hope the exclusive accessory is a being-choked alternate head.

This will be a great figure if SS is able to ensure that the production figures are of the same quality as the head sculpt featured in the proto picture.

Much as I would love to get this figure for my collection, space and budget just wouldn't allow me to do so and I will have to give this a pass. Its a hard decision for me but I will just have to make do with the SS Star Wars figures that I already have on pre-order including Vader, Stormtrooper and Ki-Adi Mundi.

I told you guys we needed the choking hand for Antilles, not Motti.

:)

Anyway, odd choice.

Why didn't they release the Rebel Fleet Trooper AND Antilles together at SDCC? Seems like a good pair to vs. Vader/Trooper.

Also odd given that the DIO was just released with the same exact characters.

And yet Vader has no "Antilles Grip" hand. :(

That's the interesting thing. I'd made a comment on how that dio could be represented fairly well with 1/6 figures given you had both, now you do, I wonder how many folks will opt that route. Both figures will likely be a fair ammount cheaper than the whole dio, and for some, adding to an already collected line is worth more than picking up a piece that may not be the focus of your collection.

I think it is a logical choice and will compliment the Rebel Fleet Trooper well. I wish they had made two different RFTs and sold it as a set though.

He looks good, but it's not a Sith, so I'm not getting...

I guess they needed something to go with Darth Vader, and apparently no one likes stormtroopers...

I really wanted the Rebel Fleet Trooper.

...but not for $70.

I really want this Captain Antilles.

...but not for $70.

I'm saving my money for Lando, Chewie, C3PO, R2D2, Yoda, Boba Fett, etc.

Oh, sweet, I dodge another $70 nobody figure. Saving up my bones for someone cool. Like a LANDO.

I like the choice, but will agree that $70 for minor characters is hard to swallow.

Still, I'll take this over a poorly done Aayla any day.

Poor Capt. Faramir, wish he was here to share his excitement.

Is this Captain Antilles the same character that we see in ROTS?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Captain_Antilles

Captain Raymus Antilles is a fictional character in the Star Wars universe. He is mentioned in Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope and portrayed by Rohan Nichol in Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith.

Initially, he was Senator Bail Organa's brother-in-law and chief of security during the collapse of the Old Republic. Organa gives Antilles ownership of the droids C-3PO and R2-D2.

During the oppression of the Galactic Empire Raymus helps Bail rescue beings in need. He is in command of the Tantive IV when Darth Vader and his Imperial stormtroopers seize the ship in order to retrieve the Death Star plans they believe are on board. The aforementioned droids have already fled the ship with the plans.

Vader is seen raising a man from the deck with one hand. The Rebel refuses to divulge anything to Vader and is swiftly killed. The radio version of Episode IV states that the man killed by Vader was Captain Antilles. In Episode III, Antilles spoke with a British accent, whereas the officer murdered by Vader in this scene spoke with an American accent.

Despite the similarity of the names, he is not related to another Rebel forces hero, Wedge Antilles, a character featured in the original trilogy of films.

FYI Here is what SSC says about their new Vader diorama:

Sideshow Collectibles and Lucasfilm are proud to present the Diplomatic Mission Diorama, one of the most dramatic Star Wars scenes to ever be captured in polystone! The detailed sculpture captures this moment of evil in which Darth Vader exerts his dark power on the loyal Captain Antilles. Each diorama is hand cast in high quality polystone, hand-finished and hand painted to exacting standards. This stunning piece will make an outstanding addition to any Star Wars collection!

Clearly they take the stance that Vader's victim is Antilles not Aldegonn. Since I was a kid I always assumed that too.

You know, a lot of folks here are getting tired of the ANH love SS is giving, but not me. I see a great opportunity here to give us yet ANOTHER ANH Tantive offering to compliment all these recent offerings:

THE DROIDS!

R2 can count for 6 of the 6 SW films, 3P0 for 3 out of the 6, so folks sick of the Tantive/ANH attention can be happy. I think it would be GREAT to get them, with Chewie, Tarkin and Lando for the rest of my personal must-haves. No kidding though, any OT character SS does will get scooped up by ME! :D

Clearly they take the stance that Vader's victim is Antilles not Aldegonn. Since I was a kid I always assumed that too.

I've never heard of Aldegonn. Where was his name mentioned???

I love ANH items, but with Antilles on the heels of the other Rebel trooper - which is one I am loving, this seems like one Rebel too many right now....I may pass on this one

I like the focus on figures. My shelves become little scenes rather than just a collection of misfit SW figures.

It will be sweet having Vader, Praji, Stormtrooper, RFT and Capt Antilles, (and maybe even Leia) all together.

I think it's a cool idea to release Antilles now, and I'm sure I'll get him.

EDIT: And what happened to Cap. Faramir? Why isn't he posting?

Back