Captain Antilles is the next 12" Star Wars figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I actually do hope they give us another fleet trooper for the next offering. I am good with troop-builders. And I really don't prioritize one character over another. I prefer to get scenes looking good. Not necessarily complete, but looking good. And more fleet troopers would make for a great-looking Tantive IV battle display.

But then Lando would be cool to add to the Jabba display as well. But there are a lot of missing figures that I would like to add to my Jabba display like Boba Fett (Medicoms works great, but my anal nature requires a SS replacement, eventually), Dengar, a Jawa or 2, Slave Leia, C-3PO, one or 2 other denizens from Jabba's palace would be cool as well.

But it would only take one or 2 more RFTs to get a good Tantive IV battle set up. So I am for another RFT or 2 next.

But I figure the odds are slim.

Has no one else considered that the reason Sideshow gives us all of these ancillary characters is so that they can sink money into the R&D necessary to develop cool new bodies for things like Vader, armored troops, droids, etc.? The company's not gonna just pull money out of their pockets to make these things if they can avoid it. They need capital for that sort of development, and the best way to generate capital is to generate revenue.

Personally, I'd rather see characters like Captain Antilles on the Buck body if it'll get me an affordable Lando on the Prometheus, or a C-3PO on the armored figure body, or an all-original R2-D2.

And am I the only one who has considered that, with the exclusive Vader's choke hand, we can make our own "Diplomatic Mission" diorama out of 12" figures? :rock (That is a regular choke hand and not a force-choke hand that comes with Vader, right? :confused: )

Lame choice IMO...
Come on Sideshow!!

EDIT: And what happened to Cap. Faramir? Why isn't he posting?

Basically he screwed up a few people here, including me...I paid for a Boromir's Custom cloak, $50.00 and never got anything, I e-mailed him, PM'ed him and did everything I could to contact him with no response...and since he doesn't have funds in his account, even though I filed a claim, I only got $0.50 back... I can't believe such a nice guy turned out to be an ass...

More here:

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37282

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39189

Last edited:
What a completely boring and uninspired announcement, especially since the regular Rebel Fleet Trooper was just announced at SDCC. :confused:

Like Josh and others, I'm fixing to bail on this line for the most part. I haven't been a completist in a while (no Endor Rebels, no Yavin Luke, no Praji) but now I am just going to get the main CORE characters... which basically means 1 out of ever 4 or 5 figures or so apparently.

I honestly have no idea what Sideshow is thinking with some of the choices in this line and with the pacing of stuff like the INDY line. They're falling asleep at the wheel, imho.

Last edited:
Im happy with him, i like to display my figure in 3 so Antilles in the center flanked my 2 rebel fleet trooper will be cool.

I think it might have been in a DVD commentery but i remember Lucas saying that Antilles is the Star wars universe smith.

I think it was kinda odd to announce this figure now as opposed to doing it with the RFT. Even make it a 2 pack or something.

However, considering the other Tantive IV releases and the iconic signifigance of that scene, its a cool choice.

You know, a lot of folks here are getting tired of the ANH love SS is giving, but not me. I see a great opportunity here to give us yet ANOTHER ANH Tantive offering to compliment all these recent offerings:

THE DROIDS!

R2 can count for 6 of the 6 SW films, 3P0 for 3 out of the 6, so folks sick of the Tantive/ANH attention can be happy. I think it would be GREAT to get them, with Chewie, Tarkin and Lando for the rest of my personal must-haves. No kidding though, any OT character SS does will get scooped up by ME! :D

3PO was in all 6 movies as well, even played by Anthony Daniels to boot! In TPM they had the skeletal 3PO puppet mounted in front of the actor to mimmic his movements, in AOTC, he portrayed 3PO in the grungy armor and in ROTS, he finally goes gold.

As for why no Lando yet and the deal with all the ANH releases, I reflect to my earlier post:
Yeah, I agree. While many people seems to be screaming about wanting a Lando, I can vividly recall pegs and pegs, and shelf space after shelf space dedicated to those lovely 3 3/4 & 12" Lando action figures (from just about every line they offered) that moved slower than old people having sex. While there are no doubt Lando loyalists, are there really enough to support a Lando action figure on any grand scale?

Well, with the anniversary of ESB less than two years away, I'm betting they'll be holding off until then, when we'll be bombarded by several SideShow Exclisive ESB offerings with the following tag: "Limited Edition: 1980"

EDIT: As for it being Antilles who's choked by Vader, the credits don't say, Vader doesn't address the officer's name in that infamous choking scene and the script only refers to the officer as "The Rebel." So I guess that we're left to any EU explanations.

Last edited:
If I'd ever get him, I'll have SS Vader choking him as seen in ANH. But not sure if I'll buy Antilles, there are more important items I'm looking for

Lame choice IMO...
Come on Sideshow!!

Basically he screwed up a few people here, including me...I paid for a Boromir's Custom cloak, $50.00 and never got anything, I e-mailed him, PM'ed him and did everything I could to contact him with no response...and since he doesn't have funds in his account, even though I filed a claim, I only got $0.50 back... I can't believe such a nice guy turned out to be an ass...

More here:

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37282

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39189

Bad news indeed.

Back on-topic:
I wonder if Antilles will come out at the same time as the regular RFT.

I think it's a cool idea to release Antilles now, and I'm sure I'll get him.

EDIT: And what happened to Cap. Faramir? Why isn't he posting?

There was rather long thread on Cap Faramir and his financial dealings with other SSF members.

Needless to say there was a linch mob, with lit torches combing the internet.

All of which could have been avoided if he had just piped up and been honest (possibly)

I dont know if the other SSF members got satisfaction or not but he hasnt been seen since

So would you if you had 15,000 of them stuck at the back of the warehouse :confused:

I'm curious... How many people would actually whine about the price this figure would bring on the Prometheus body? Although everyone will be quick to say that they wouldn't, I 'd be willing to bet we'd hear:

"That's too much for a no-name figure. I don't care that he's on the Prometheus, I won't pay that. He'd be cheaper on the Buck. How dare SideShow expect us to fork out that much for a minor figure from the EU! He's just too expensive! Sideshow, put him back on the buck, knock the $40 off the $120 and I'd buy him!"

Funny thing is, even with all the griping, he'll "Wait List" now, and he'd "Wait List" even on the Prometheus and then the same people will/would start griping about getting raped on ebaY for him.

Do we really believe that the Prometheus should cost $40 much less $20 more than the Buck?

Its a ploy. These new figures shouldn't cost more to manufacture than the buck. The sooner SSC starts putting the new body out with every figure the more goodwill they'll generate with the customers.

3PO was in all 6 movies as well, even played by Anthony Daniels to boot! In TPM they had the skeletal 3PO puppet mounted in front of the actor to mimmic his movements, in AOTC, he portrayed 3PO in the grungy armor and in ROTS, he finally goes gold.

YES, but a dirty gold 3P0 would only be useable for Ep 4 to 6. :rolleyes:

Kinda glad I got outta the Star Wars line now (except for Vader and the Stormie of course). Really just want more essential, core characters.

YES, but a dirty gold 3P0 would only be useable for Ep 4 to 6. :rolleyes:

So what about a base skeleton with removable armor for ALL the movies? It'd be easy to do a skeletal 3PO with dingy armor to put on to cover the first two movies, then another completely gold with an exclusive replaceable right shin in silver to cover ROTS and the OT. I know it's not likely to happen as SideShow has money in the bank by producing the 4 different versions; skeleton, dingy, gold and gold w/silver right shin.

Back