Captain Antilles is the next 12" Star Wars figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah. I wouldn't want a 3PO with a bunch of extra parts sitting around.

No complaints from me if they produce a clean one and a maybe a dirty one as a convention exclusive.

Watch though, I'm betting most of the naysayers will go absolutely apes**t if they release Antilles with a Vader's hand "choking accessory" and he's sold out by the time of that announcement.

BTW, Wookieepedia has him listed as the officer who Vader strangled:
"During the Battle over Tatooine, he commanded Blue Squadron from the cockpit of the Tantive IV. When the Imperial-class Star Destroyer Devastator captured his ship and the 501st Legion stormed the cockpit, he was captured and taken to Darth Vader. The Sith Lord strangled Antilles to death after he refused to give information on the location of the Death Star plans. The Dark Lord then threw his body at the wall."

I'm curious... How many people would actually whine about the price this figure would bring on the Prometheus body? Although everyone will be quick to say that they wouldn't, I 'd be willing to bet we'd hear:

"That's too much for a no-name figure. I don't care that he's on the Prometheus, I won't pay that. He'd be cheaper on the Buck. How dare SideShow expect us to fork out that much for a minor figure from the EU! He's just too expensive! Sideshow, put him back on the buck, knock the $40 off the $120 and I'd buy him!"

Funny thing is, even with all the griping, he'll "Wait List" now, and he'd "Wait List" even on the Prometheus and then the same people will/would start griping about getting raped on ebaY for him.

price point vs character issue aside, my gripe with the buck is that it just looks so bad in today's standard. It stands so akward, the posture looks like he's got a broom stick up from his place where sun don't shine all the way up to his brain. it makes almost all SS 1/6 look bad no matter how good the HS is IMHO. i just want SS to start deliver a 1/6 figure that is better than what they have been making for the past 5-7 years.

Caught this one late...

So I'm guessing the Vader and Stormtrooper warranted a vacation for the fine folks at SS?

Almost as bad as following-up an Indy figure with a Belloq. And not in the ceremonial robes either...but in that stupid white suit. :monkey3

price point vs character issue aside, my gripe with the buck is that it just looks so bad in today's standard. It stands so akward, the posture looks like he's got a broom stick up from his place where sun don't shine all the way up to his brain. it makes almost all SS 1/6 look bad no matter how good the HS is IMHO. i just want SS to start deliver a 1/6 figure that is better than what they have been making for the past 5-7 years.

I think you're being a bit eccentric on the look. Every Star Wars figure put out by Medicom looks effeminate (ASIDE FROM BEING EXTREMELY FRAGILE). Even the vaders to some extent. The Hot Toys TruTypes look like everyone's always puffing up (chest flexed and shoulders held up like a skinny dude pretending he's buffed). Every 1:6 body will have it's issues. I don't think the Buck is all that bad. True it doesn't have all of the posability of the aforementioned figures, but it holds many natural poses just fine.

"I don't think the Buck is all that bad."

place future censored comment here.

:mwaha:mwaha

I actually like this character but at $70+, I may have to pass and hope to pick him up later for considerably less.

With that being said, I'll pre-order if the exclusive is of "Mynock" caliber...

To be honest, some time ago, I reached the same conclusion that Josh recently did. Space has become an issue. In my case, the rising cost simply has limited by collecting funds.

LOL - You ain't right.

But I do agree with thenammagazine. The Buck may not have the poseability of the True-Type nor the Medicom mannequin, But it is nowhere near as bad as some make it out to be. It actually has better articulation in the wrists and the ankle areticulation would be as good if not for the boots that the figures get. The elbow, knee and foot articulation are really the biggest pluses that Medicom and TT have over the Buck. But the Buck is much more durable and that makes up for the articulation shortcomings to me.

I think you're being a bit eccentric on the look. Every Star Wars figure put out by Medicom looks effeminate (ASIDE FROM BEING EXTREMELY FRAGILE). Even the vaders to some extent. The Hot Toys TruTypes look like everyone's always puffing up (chest flexed and shoulders held up like a skinny dude pretending he's buffed). Every 1:6 body will have it's issues. I don't think the Buck is all that bad. True it doesn't have all of the posability of the aforementioned figures, but it holds many natural poses just fine.

place future censored comment here.

yeah, every 1/6 body (that I have had) has some sort of distinct characters and/or issues. the most widely used RAh 301 have narrower shoulders, smaller chest, shorter height, etc, HT TT with the weird 2 wide shoulder and some what skinny waist. However, what they do have over the buck is that even with all these flawed design choices, they all can pull off a natural looking pose. The buck's problem, to me, is not lack of articulation, its that even with all the joints it has it can't pull off a natural looking pose. Just my opinion. :cool:

He looks great, but an easy pass for the casual SS collector like me, at least at retail. I have a feeling he'll be easy to get for cheap on Ebay later on...

yeah, every 1/6 body (that I have had) has some sort of distinct characters and/or issues. the most widely used RAh 301 have narrower shoulders, smaller chest, shorter height, etc, HT TT with the weird 2 wide shoulder and some what skinny waist. However, what they do have over the buck is that even with all these flawed design choices, they all can pull off a natural looking pose. The buck's problem, to me, is not lack of articulation, its that even with all the joints it has it can't pull off a natural looking pose. Just my opinion. :cool:

Here's a pose borrowed from one of the other members of this forum. Though the pose is somewhat extreme and exaggerated, the Buck looks proportionate as well as natural:

Finally got around to opening Aayla here. Overall I think she's pretty cool. She definitely has some flaws (mainly the buck), but she is capable of some cool poses IMO.

ASecura4.jpg

Ok, we know the buck sucks. it sucks monkey butt. Gonna get him regardless and swap him like I did my anakin. Either to a prometheus body, or a hot toys one. pic related.
vadertwins003.jpg

anakin003.jpg

anakin001.jpg

Last edited:
You know, I would have bought Antilles, the fleet trooper, the imperial officer, and several Jedi, if SSC hadn't jacked the prices through the roof. Sort of puts things into perspective when you look at a modest collection and consider all of the product you would have bought if the prices didn't put you out of the market.

Back