Captain Antilles is the next 12" Star Wars figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Too bad Captain Faramir doesn't post anymore, he must be having a heart attack right now.

:rotfl I was thinking the same thing.

Now I reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally have to build a 1/6 Tantive IV hallway for the Vader, Stormtroopers, rebel trooper, AND Captain Antilles.

Good figure... I love the LOVE that ANH is currently getting.

There is nothing wrong with him and maybe its just because he followed Stormy and Vader that he seems so boring.

I think it's a number of factors going towards the mixed reaction.

1) On the heels of Vader and Stormtrooper
2) Another A New Hope Figure
3) A VERY minute character in the grand scheme
4) A number of doable core characters not done yet, like Lando or Tarkin

Like I said, it's not so much a bad figure to do, but releasing him now isn't the best timing.

I think it's a number of factors going towards the mixed reaction.

1) On the heels of Vader and Stormtrooper
2) Another A New Hope Figure
3) A VERY minute character in the grand scheme
4) A number of doable core characters not done yet, like Lando or Tarkin

Like I said, it's not so much a bad figure to do, but releasing him now isn't the best timing.

I totally (and respectfully) disagree--- It's perfect timing with the other ANH announcements.

I totally (and respectfully) disagree--- It's perfect timing with the other ANH announcements.

It's good in that sense, but the line is getting overflooded with ANH, it's similar to awhile back when PT Jedi were oversaturating the line. There's nothing wrong with any character choics SSC's made, but I do think with 6 films and a diversity of characters, it's not healthy to overkill any 1 movie or subgroup of the line.

As far as sales, yes putting this out now while ANH is on most folks minds is probably the best move from than angle, but at the same time, I can see it disenchanting some folks again.

That's what I was thinking. Next to Faramir, this is his most wanted figure. Too bad he can't share his joy.

He was always bringing up this guy and the fleet troopers. Maybe once he sees SS has made Antilles he will come back.

It's good in that sense, but the line is getting overflooded with ANH, it's similar to awhile back when PT Jedi were oversaturating the line. There's nothing wrong with any character choics SSC's made, but I do think with 6 films and a diversity of characters, it's not healthy to overkill any 1 movie or subgroup of the line.

As far as sales, yes putting this out now while ANH is on most folks minds is probably the best move from than angle, but at the same time, I can see it disenchanting some folks again.

I figure there'll be waves-- We had the ROTJ (Luke, Jabba & Throne, Bib, Leia as Boussh, the creature packs, Endor Three...) and now it's ANH. I'm hoping that this might mean that some Cantina aliens are also on the way.

Regardless I like the surprises with these announcements and while there are the obvious major characters that HAVE to be done (as were mentioned--Lando, Tarkin,... to say nothing of droids and wookies) I've been happy with all of the recent releases. A Tantive IV white hallway in 1/6 size is definitely in my foreseeable future.:D Time to make some plans.

I'm all for waves, it's just starting to feel like too much ANH to me, maybe it's because it's my least favorite SW movie. My love is the saga and I'd just like to see more of it touched upon at a little quicker pace. I know most fans dislike it, but I enjoy AOTC and we don't even have 1 figure from it other than Mace Windu who's really a multitude of films in one, and Kit Fisto, while in AOTC, looks like ROTS. We've got Obi-Wan, Han, Luke, Leia, Stomtrooper, Vader, Rebel Trooper, now Antilles, that's a healthy ANH offering, I just think it's time to move onto another film.

I think Captain Antilles along with the Reble Fleet Trooper will compliment a counter display with Commander Praji flanked by Stormtroopers. Several people groaned about the Fleet Trooper when he was announced but now he's a Wait List item. I suspect, as did Praji, Antilles will Wait List as well.

I actually prefer this figure to Lando... sorry. :D

Yeah, I agree. While many people seems to be screaming about wanting a Lando, I can vividly recall pegs and pegs, and shelf space after shelf space dedicated to those lovely 3 3/4 & 12" Lando action figures (from just about every line they offered) that moved slower than old people having sex. While there are no doubt Lando loyalists, are there really enough to support a Lando action figure on any grand scale?

Nothing wrong with ever doing Captain Antilles, but at this point, I'd say if it's not Chewbacca, C-3PO, R2-D2 or Grand Moff Tarkin, it's time to move on from A NEW HOPE. When it was the core I enjoyed it because a fair number were firsts like Old Ben, Vader, Stormies, but getting into 5 second characters from the same movie feels like bad timing, do these guys later after hitting on ESB. Empire really needs figures, just Han and Luke is pretty dull, Leia and Lando from ESB would be great additions to the line.

Well, with the anniversary of ESB less than two years away, I'm betting they'll be holding off until then, when we'll be bombarded by several SideShow Exclisive ESB offerings with the following tag: "Limited Edition: 1980"

Last edited:
I'm passing in this ending my completist streak and honestly will be selling off a decent portion of my SW stuff.

I hope all this is a prelude to Tarkin. He could very well be the only non-Jedi I get in 12".

No not tired of SW. I basically really need to clear some space and serious money. So there are going to be a lot of things that will be getting sold.

I hope all this is a prelude to Tarkin. He could very well be the only non-Jedi I get in 12".

Other than the head sculpt, he's already done essentially, use the same uniform pattern as Praji, that's done. I just hope if they do him, whoever sculpts him gives that calculating look to his face and doesn't just try to replicate Peter Cushing's portrait.

No not tired of SW. I basically really need to clear some space and serious money. So there are going to be a lot of things that will be getting sold.

Gotcha, well I hope it literally pays off how you hope. If a Jedi Luke Ex. ends up in the going list, do let me know.

Other than the head sculpt, he's already done essentially, use the same uniform pattern as Praji, that's done. I just hope if they do him, whoever sculpts him gives that calculating look to his face and doesn't just try to replicate Peter Cushing's portrait.

I know, I was hoping when they did Praji he would be coming soon. And then when they said Vader was coming I was hoping they'd announce him first so he could hold Vader's leash.

Pass.

I'm not feeling SS figures. I passed on Indy, Kenobi, Vader, Stormtrooper, Fleet Trooper so on.........

It was their SW line that brought me to the 1/6th side. It is a sad day.:monkey2

Where the hell is Captain Faramir?? If there's one person who would be jumping for joy right now it would be that dude. I almost want to get this figure just BECAUSE he never stopped talking about it. :lol This announcement seems so...important somehow. I always love seeing someone get their "grail" piece. :peace

Back