Captain Action get's DC license and expands Marvel characters

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Picked up Captain Action and Dr. Evil for my son for xmas. Ordered the spiderman suit online for $22. Looking forward to Batman, Superman, and the Red Skull (on the back of Dr. Evil box)

I continue to work my way through all the Captain Action figures. Up now is a variant of the basic TRU figure that's making it's way to shelves. There's some minor differences between this version and the one that hit stores in the summer. It's not an advertised variant, just a running change in the production.

Infinite Hollywood: Captain Action TRU Basic (Variant) Review

Plenty of comparison pics and such in the review. With more Captain Action on the way!

Not a bad review but....

Larry Hagman? seriously?

Yup. Couple of side by side shots look nearly identical to me. Could just be particular angles I suppose, but the resemblance is there.

Couple more Captain Action reviews coming your way. First up is the SDCC variant, or at least, a recreation of such.

Infinite Hollywood: Italian Capitano in Azione Review

And we follow that up with the Deluxe Captain America set, which went awry for me in a variety of unfun ways.

Infinite Hollywood: Captain Action Deluxe Captain America Costume Review

They are better than Famous Covers in every way.

In the 60's you had GIJoe or Captain Action.

Captain-Action-Spider-Man.JPG

Awsome Spiderman! Ahhhh the Memories.

They're only "horribly oversized" if you insist on all your figures being compatible scale-wise.
Well, DUH! I collect 1:6 scale so yes, when something is released, and promoted as being 1:6 scale I do expect them to be compatible with the rest of my collection.
Captain Action was meant to compete with GI Joe 40+ years ago, but he's not completing with Hot Toys so the comparisons there are unfair. He is meant to still be a toy for kids and an option for those collectors that don't want to spend $150 or more for a Nick Fury that isn't even what we grew up with. He's an affordable throwback to when you could go to a toy store and come home with a figure.
And he fits in with the rest of the collection. :)
He has succeeded and its great to see him back!

:exactly::goodpost: Round 2's Captain Action has brought back the fun to my collecting hobby. I eagerly await each new release. I cannot say that about anything else.

Cracked open the Thor set this weekend, and it was 1966 all over again. So glad I kept all of my original Ideal CA stuff...

capnsupes.jpg

jetpack.jpg

I continue to work my way through all the Captain Action figures. Up now is a variant of the basic TRU figure that's making it's way to shelves. There's some minor differences between this version and the one that hit stores in the summer. It's not an advertised variant, just a running change in the production.

Infinite Hollywood: Captain Action TRU Basic (Variant) Review

Plenty of comparison pics and such in the review. With more Captain Action on the way!

Nice review. This line has a number of great sets coming up. On Facebook they are taking polls of who we would want next. Some great options. Anyone interested should go out there and vote! Just Google it - Captain Action Facebook - and the link will come up.

I used my RP to get two Captain Action Deluxe as well as the Captain America and Spiderman costumes... They'll be wrapped and sitting under the tree tomorrow. Fun times.

I have everything that round 2 has put out so far. 2013 should be another great year for the Captain. Iron Man, Wolverine, Superman and Batman! Plus any exclusives they plan on sneeking in.

I will say that these are not selling at any of my local TRUs. Ive picked up the classic covers outfits and a spiderman and I think I'm the only one to buy anything the whole month of December. The shelves are bare, but these look untouched throughout my weekly stops.

I think most stuff in toy stores now need some cartoon or such to sell them. Otherwise kids have no reason to want them. Pretty much why the previous attempts were clearanced at stores.

yeah,kids could care less about captain action

same scenario at my toys arn't us

Back