Captain Action get's DC license and expands Marvel characters

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay now THAT has got my attention!!Iron Man and Batman are looking very good.

Love that things are going so well for them!
Have to admit though, I hope its just prototype packaging that has Hawkeye parts in the DC outfits.
Can't wait to get there Sunday now and talk with them!

Love that things are going so well for them!
Have to admit though, I hope its just prototype packaging that has Hawkeye parts in the DC outfits.Can't wait to get there Sunday now and talk with them!

Haha, sharp eyes. Maybe its a placeholder. Soon to say Aquaman or something similar.

:rock:rock:rockHell jeah love stuf like this, I want the batman set, superman set, and wolverine set for sure. These are great for customs:clap

Impressed with these. How much do these go for?

The standard costume sets sold at TRU go for $19.99, while the deluxe variants sale for around $35.00. What you're seeing here is the basic versions. It should be worth nothing that Batman figure is a dismembered DC Direct Batman. Probably something they just used for a demo. Will be fun to see the actual product. Would everyone want a retro version that mimics the Ideal version or take it in a new direction to give everyone a Neal Adams style figure?

I also noticed that the Batman mockup is essentially the existing DC Direct version. That Superman has the DCD Kingdom Come head. Wolvie's head is from the Bowen statue, etc.

Impressed with these. How much do these go for?

Besides what Collector says, these are just costumes with hollow full-head masks that you slip over a Captain Action head (someone correct me?) and so on top of that price you have to buy a CA figure each time, which is the same price. I didn't know this at first (Captain Action is new to me) and so maybe you didn't know either.

You can put them on other bodies though, but I don't like the result, particularly with the head. Here's Spider-Man on a TrueType:

https://toyhaven.blogspot.com.au/2012/05/review-ii-round-2-16th-scale-captain.html

Yeah, I would love to have comic style 1/6 scale figures that were worth a damn, but I don't see this line helping with that anymore than the Medicom figures help with that.

People looking for high end Hot Toys type figures need to move along.

Is that in reply to me? I just meant it can be put on other bodies if you have one laying around, save you buying a CA pack if you're satisfied with the result.

I like the look of it on a CA body, they look good to me, and I'm planning to pick up Spider-Man in time. And I'd be interested in Wolverine and maybe Superman too.

No, just in general to those not familiar with Captain Action.

But these outfits need a thick body to fill out the suits.

I also noticed that the Batman mockup is essentially the existing DC Direct version. That Superman has the DCD Kingdom Come head. Wolvie's head is from the Bowen statue, etc.

Noticed that too. :lol They're not even using their own products there. These will just end up looking like crap like Cap and Spidey. Nice try CA! :rotfl

These were just thrown together for the show once they got the "okay" to make the announcement. Even cheap mock-ups make more of an impact than just saying "hey, we got the DC liscense".

Kind of excited about these. Lots of potential. The return of Captain Action is nice departure from the onslaught of Mego-esque dolls that keep coming out.

Back